For anyone wanting to go to Japan: Churches

Talk about anything in here.

For anyone wanting to go to Japan: Churches

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:26 am

As Japan has an absurdly small percentage of Christians, something that Americans in particular may not truly grasp, if you go, it is REALLY important for you to find a church to plug into... Being in Japan will very likely destroy you spiritually otherwise.

That being the case, I found this site (looking through it because I'm considering moving onto Japan after my contract expires here at GnB, though I may renew for one year before doing so)

http://www.jetchristianfellowship.com/

Granted, this is for Protestants only. I can't help Catholics, though my Catholic friend had no problem finding a church with a Latin mass when she was in Hyogo, just... nothing in English. This is a listing of English speaking churches in Japan, with listings for every region and possibly every prefecture (I didn't count them)

There are many denominations, so while you may not find your specific one, you should find something close to it, or at least one you are in agreement with enough to join if you're on the main Island, in any case. I think this resource is invaluable for any Christian who wants to start a life in Japan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Mr. Rogers » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:19 pm

Thanks for the link, Bob. I'm planning on applying to the JET program and this will be a great help. /bookmarked/
Mr. Rogers

Postby That Dude » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:35 pm

Thanks...Actually I'm looking into the possibility of doing an internship out in a church in Japan.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:08 pm

If you are in the north-western outskirts of Tokyo, there's a very good church in Ome that my brother, Sam (Warrior4Christ) and I have visited - Grace Christian Fellowship. It's not a big church (I don't think any in Japan are). The congregation is made up of Japanese, Americans (of all different kinds), some Spanish people and maybe a few other nationalities. It's a bilingual, non-denominational contemporary church. Very welcoming too.

Here's the website to find out more info:
----http://www.gcfjapan.com/
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby That Dude » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:36 am

Actually I'm talking to them about possibilities W4J!
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:26 pm

Awesome stuff mate! All the best with it. God bless you richly in whatever eventuates.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby That Dude » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:28 pm

Thanks man!
That Dude

Postby Doe Johnson » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:47 pm

If you plan on being in the Kansai area, there is a nice little church in Hirakata called Agape International Christian Fellowship. Services are simultaneously in English and Japanese. They are usually held in a rented room at the Kuzuha train station, so you don't even have to walk anywhere, just find your way along the Keihan train line. The website is http://aicfjapan.com/find-us-en.php if you need to ask for specifics.
The #1 Fan of mastersquirrel's Voice!

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. - Douglas Adams
I smell cinnamon roll-y!!

You fight like a dairy farmer!
The Giver of Quality Hugs
I felt a great bump in the Thread, as if millions of posts suddenly bumped in terror and were suddenly silenced.

No - My birthday isn't really on the Ides of March, but that is the fake date I use everywhere on the Internet.
Adopted: ishy

the cc is special ground, cc's provide protection to all who seek shelter there, no violence can be done in a cower corner - it is known
Doe Johnson

Postby AnimeGirl » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:26 pm

So the link has lists of churches in Japan?? Awesome! As someone who wants to reach Japan, I wanna go there someday, and I'd be nice to find a good Christian community. ^_^
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Return to General