A neat vid.

Talk about anything in here.

A neat vid.

Postby Gelka » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:54 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30udqcJIsCs&feature=player_embedded

I really enjoyed this. It's of a debate Einstein had with one of his professors concerning whether or not God is evil. I think he proved the professor WRONG. ^^
Gelka

Postby Anystazya » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:01 pm

I enjoyed it too. Really neat way of putting it ^^
[color="Plum"]Do not let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good. - Job 40:2 NLT[/color]

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] [color="Purple"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]

[color="DarkOrchid"]~Anystazya~[/color]
Anystazya

Postby Technomancer » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:50 pm

I would thoroughly discount the story, but not the argument. Einstein's family was Jewish but not religious, and perhaps more important to the video, Einstein actually attended a Catholic school. Such an argument from a teacher would therefore seem to be highly unlikely. In any case, it's a story I've heard before, although usually both the teacher and the student are anonymous.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Anystazya » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:07 pm

Ah, is that so? Well, I thought it was interesting, regardless of whether it was Einstein or not.
[color="Plum"]Do not let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good. - Job 40:2 NLT[/color]

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] [color="Purple"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]

[color="DarkOrchid"]~Anystazya~[/color]
Anystazya

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:59 am

I liked it. It was pretty cool.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Nate » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:13 pm

This is a much better one than that "If God existed he would break this chalk!" one. That one is terrible.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Return to General