Any knitters? Happy accident!

Talk about anything in here.

Any knitters? Happy accident!

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:58 am

These socks began life as leg-warmers; consequently I used way too many stitches (40) and too-big needles ( 9 for the rib, then switch to 10 1/2). Halfway down the leg I decided I wanted them to be socks. I finished the leg with the ginormous needles and then switched to a much much smaller needle (5) to finish the footy.

The result was a ballooning, slouchy leg that I actually like. The other reason I named these Balloon Socks is the color, which reminds me of a hot air balloon.

The colors do not at all register correctly on the photo. On my monitor it looks blue and red, whereas the actual sock is mulberry, brick, peach, and orange.

Fics an' pics from the Royal Otaku-ness of Squee

Heart of Sock!

"Those who never know a sleepless night cannot become strong; that is the rule."
Sailor Kenshin

Postby Sheenar » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:08 pm

I crochet (tried knitting, but gave up...:P ) and am learning to spin (and failing at it currently).

Anyway, Those socks are so cute! You did a great job!
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:11 am

Sankyuu! ^__^

I tried crocheting a sock, phail! Then I bought a book on how to crochet socks. Hope it can help me.

Spinning, I am impressed!
Fics an' pics from the Royal Otaku-ness of Squee

Heart of Sock!

"Those who never know a sleepless night cannot become strong; that is the rule."
Sailor Kenshin

Postby RobinSena » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:12 am

I started knitting a few years ago, mostly scarves. I've made a 7 foot black/grey scarf, and a few smaller ones for my little sisters. The latest was about 4 feet, alternating black and pink.. ^_^
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby Wind » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:57 pm

I love to knit but the extent of my experience is scarves lol I made three scarves and none of them were ever good enough to give anyone
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??
My answer: Yes

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Return to General