Borders Books

Talk about anything in here.

Borders Books

Postby ashfire » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:36 pm

I have one store in my area that I usually go to for buying manga and other books.
Now lately I have noticed this particular store has let their manga section go down to a point that they are not putting up some of the newly released manga and letting the manga section go down to nothing and look junky.
Some of the manga I read I have had to order in or go to other sources to get.
Now if I go to Borders on line site I will find some stores around the area are carrying some of the manga I am interested in but I have to drive farther to get to them.
Now they also show that some of the stores are either out of stock of certain manga also.
I am wondering if some major book carriers are trying to clear out manga and anime sections like Best Buy is doing?
ashfire

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:32 pm

Well, as a former Borders employee, I can tell you for certain you can walk in to any one of the stores and tell them what you want and they can order it for you.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby PrincessZelda » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:47 pm

I don't know, I've noticed the manga selections at the different Borders in my town getting larger, actually.
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:14 pm

They may very well be doing just that. They recently canned their previous CEO in favor of someone who had an actual plan to help them out with their floundering fiscal difficulties. They may be putting that stock to use in regions where it would be more effective.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Return to General