Anyone wear North Face Jackets?

Talk about anything in here.

Anyone wear North Face Jackets?

Postby Destroyer2000 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:15 pm

I know they're expensive, but my girlfriend really wants one for Christmas, so I'm thinking of surprising her. I just don't know where to find them, or where to find it for a less expensive price. Any tips?
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby Cognitive Gear » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:20 pm

Destroyer2000 (post: 1271528) wrote:I know they're expensive, but my girlfriend really wants one for Christmas, so I'm thinking of surprising her. I just don't know where to find them, or where to find it for a less expensive price. Any tips?

Only one.

But to be more serious, I've not owned a North Face Jacket (nor even heard of the brand), but amazon.com nearly always has great prices.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby goldenspines » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:21 am

There was just a North Face store that recently opened in my city, thought I haven't gotten to check it out yet, maybe I will this week....>_>

So, if you had a store nearby, you can go browse around on the discounted racks, otherwise, you can take Cognitive's brilliant advice and do some searching on the internet, you're bound to find what you're looking for.
Good luck~
goldenspines

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:22 am

I think they may carry north face at some sporting goods retailors, such as Sports Chalet. You might get lucky checking there if you watch for sales or something.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Solid Ronin » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:05 pm

Cognitive Gear (post: 1271529) wrote:Only one.

But to be more serious, I've not owned a North Face Jacket (nor even heard of the brand), but amazon.com nearly always has great prices.

...Thank you.
Solid Ronin

Postby Destroyer2000 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:45 pm

I've checked online a good bit - all the major retailers and such. I wonderd if there were any others I could look at. I mean, I don't want to wind up buying a fake one, much less a real one that is in bad shape.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby sharien chan » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:08 pm

What is so great about Northface? I never understood it...
sharien chan

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:23 pm

yah me either. its just like a black warm jacket.

cool.

you can get cooler jackets for less. XD
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby sharien chan » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:10 am

I did some research...apparently they are like insanely awesome...and expensive...and something to do with gore tex. Which would explain hte awesomeness.
sharien chan

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:55 am

Very warm, very durable, very well constructed.
And very expensive.
They're the kind of gear that people take when they attempt everest.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Return to General