I'm in a relationship!

Talk about anything in here.

I'm in a relationship!

Postby Sapphire225 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:34 am

:)

I hooked up with my boyfriend about a week ago and we got each others numbers at church today. I let him no my guidelines, simply summarised to "I don't believe in premarital sex" and the both of us love anime. I've known him for years (ever since 6th grade to be exact, I'm now in the 11th and 16) and so far, we just started.

Any pointers for keeping a healthy relationship? (I don't wanna seem too much of a burden, yet I don't want to be too laid off. Simply put, I want to avoid what most girlfriends do: rant, complain, and act totally dependenty on him) :sweat:
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:04 am

The advice I'm gonna give is probably gonna sound cliché, but it's true: just be yourself. And focus on friendship. Don't act like he has to bow to your every whim, but don't be a doormat either, and let him do polite things for you. Keep God first, and again, I reiterate, focus on friendship. Not much more than that is needed at your stage right now, and it's a really important base to have for any relationship.

Not like I'm experienced in these things, but that's what I've seen work the most. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Return to General