I feel as if I can't be a member here any longer.

Talk about anything in here.

I feel as if I can't be a member here any longer.

Postby beau99 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:17 am

I don't wish to bore you guys, so I'll just say it right now and get it over with.

I'm gay.

I particularly don't care about the sex and wish to remain a lifelong virgin, but I'm romantically involved with a guy, so there. You'll probably want to ban me now because I've said this. I particularly don't care. I just don't feel I can be a member of a site where you're supposed to love thy neighbor... unless your neighbor is gay.

I've probably ticked off the few people that liked me, so it's ok if you never want to talk to me again. I have other friends now.

Goodbye.
beau99

Postby Peanut » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:00 am

...whatever gave you the idea that you'd be banned/hated by everyone just because your gay? I mean...isn't the church sort of supposed to embrace people despite their beliefs/choices/lifestyles/sin/sexual orientation. Now maybe I am the only one on this site (and I know I'm not) however I have multiple friends (two of which are celebate homosexuals) who are gay and several of them came out of the closet after I became friends with them. And I don't hate them, in fact all of them are still friends of mine. But whatever, it's your choice to stay or leave and it's not like we can make you stay. Goodbye and I pray God blesses you for the rest of your life.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby minakichan » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:43 am

Dude, has there actually been homophobic activity on this site? And at any rate, not all Christians judge like that, oy. If someone gives you a hard time about it in the whole burn-the-witch fashion, they aren't exhibiting Christlike behavior and you should just ignore them.

Some of my really good friends are lesbian (and fornicators, OHH!), and I love them to death (not quite in that way, ahaha, but you know). I was actually the first person one of them outed to, and that made me feel really proud that she trusted me that much.

I know I sure can't judge you. I'm a liar, a cynic, a pervert, a wrathmonger, a two-face, a suck-up, and a selfish little *****. In other words, I'm human and no better or worse than you or anyone else, on this earth or on this forum. Chill, man, we still love you <3
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby CAAOutkast » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:02 am

As Christians,it's our duty to despise all sin,but love all sinners. Whether you be Straight or Gay,it matters not because we like you anyway.
CAAOutkast

Postby LadyRushia » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:16 am

Sin is sin. All of us are in the same boat, therefore we have no right to judge you for being gay. The thing is, Christ takes that all away, whether our sin is murder or a white lie.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby goldenspines » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:50 am

So what?
Do you want us to hate you? Sorry, but you won't get that pleasure. As long as God loves you, we will. Or rather, we are called to. ^_^
Like Rushia said, sin is sin. And we haven't been given the right to judge because we aren't perfect. No one except Jesus is perfect.
But, if you want to go wallow in a little hole of self pity, go ahead, I can't stop you. But, do know that God loves you so much, no matter what you do with your life. Heck, He died for you because He loves you so much.
Think on that before you make assumptions.
goldenspines

Postby termyt » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:05 am

Sexual preference is just big news right now. It's a hot political topic. It's no different than many other "sins" that have had their time in the political spotlight.

Don't let personal opinion or political rhetoric about a TOPIC drive your opinion about PEOPLE and what they may or may not think of you.

Seek out the real Jesus Christ first. There’s no preconditions on approaching Him. Let Him guide you and form you into the person He wants you to be. Political opinions don’t have anything to do with that process.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:33 am

beau99 (post: 1262786) wrote:I don't wish to bore you guys, so I'll just say it right now and get it over with.

I'm gay.

I particularly don't care about the sex and wish to remain a lifelong virgin, but I'm romantically involved with a guy, so there. You'll probably want to ban me now because I've said this. I particularly don't care. I just don't feel I can be a member of a site where you're supposed to love thy neighbor... unless your neighbor is gay.

I've probably ticked off the few people that liked me, so it's ok if you never want to talk to me again. I have other friends now.

Goodbye.

So, feel better? Are you satisfied having railed against a group of people who, to the best of my knowledge, have treated you fairly and equally? Do you feel things have improved now that you've gone and ranted and raved at a group of people who want to be your friends?

. . .

I understand that you may be going through a stressful period, but to be frank, your actions don't make a lot of sense.

Because we follow Christ, we love you. You are important to us. If that makes you want to scream at us and push us away, that's your prerogative, but I think you owe it to yourself to at least think through what you're doing.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Stephen » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:52 am

I don't like you because your attitude has always sucked on the boards. I could care less if you're gay or not. I think most people probably have had issues with you for the same reason. But if it makes you feel better to tell yourself "They treat me like this because I am gay" then go for it. And before you even think about going into the whole "wah he must hate gay people" bit, one of my best friends from high school is gay.
Stephen

Postby EricTheFred » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:21 pm

beau99 (post: 1262786) wrote:I've probably ticked off the few people that liked me, so it's ok if you never want to talk to me again. I have other friends now.

Goodbye.

Every Sunday evening I hang out for several hours in a Starbucks on Oak Lawn, a road and area in Dallas which is effectively regional Gay headquarters. It gets uncomfortably obvious at times. This isn't some kind of active exercise in tolerance or something; the only reason I am there is that my son is attending an orchestra rehearsal down the street at the Sammons Center.

I used to have misgivings about the conversations I was constantly overhearing, or the manner of dress of some of the individuals (yeah, real-life drag queens, even) and I used to think that if these people knew the guy in the corner working on his laptop was some church-going guy who considered their 'orientation' to be a sin, not nature, they would probably run me out of there.

But when I found myself getting judgmental like that, I would tell myself quite firmly that not one of them was any greater a sinner than I.

The thing that put me in my place, though, was when I was sitting there listening to a discussion between a lesbian couple and a couple gay men, and the subject turned to Religion. Not theology, not complaints about those horrible Christians, something much simpler... The men were students, and new in town, and looking for a church family nearby, and asking the ladies about their congregation.

Frankly, except for the inevitable question about how tolerant the church was of gay members, the conversation went exactly like any other couple looking for a church and asking friends about theirs. I've had virtually the same conversation many times myself.

I'm not entirely certain what this story is trying to communicate unless it's just this: Christians are Christians. They aren't defined in any other way. Follow Christ, and you shall walk with Christian companions, my friend, no matter where the Lord leads you.

God bless, and good luck. Come back when you're ready. The door will be open.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Doubleshadow » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:27 pm

On the very off chance you come back:

I'm a Christian whose romantic interest is aimed at my own gender. It's been agony, but by grace I've come through it. It is my belief that homosexuality is another, particularly painful, although that just could be my experience, from of temptation. Like all temptation, it is not irresistable or a fate. And like all temptation, we only come through it by faith. I realize you probably think "temptation" is too light a word. Our culture has mocked and laughed at it, but it is a bitter, dark, ugly thing. I don't know what your beliefs are, but if you think were all so reactionary that we will automatically ostracize you, let this be proof of the contrary. Some of us get it.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:30 pm

Well, you're attitude rather sucks. Don't get me wrong, homosexuality is a perversion (not merely my opinion, but God's), pure and simple, but I in no way hate you.

Jesus Christ is your answer to this and take you out of the situation you're in. Regardless, you're always welcome back.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:49 pm

If that's your wish, then you're free to go ^__^ No one is forcing you to leave nor stay ^ ^ It's entirely up to you ^ ^ I can't speak for all of us, but it doesn't matter if you're gay or straight ^_^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:55 pm

beau99 (post: 1262786) wrote:I'm gay.

So?
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:01 pm

Wha-What? O.o what brought this up all of a sudden... aren't you acting a little too rashly? When has ANYONE on this board ever displayed a sudden rash of "ZOMG GAY PERSONNN!!111 SHUUUUNNNN!"

I have never seen anyone do this here...in fact, I've seen the opposite. Like others have said we are followers of Christ, and I believe that part of that means that we are to LOVE those who are different than us, rather than treat them with anger and resentment... We ALL have sinned... no one on this board is perfect and we all realize that.

So if you ever read this...if you ever come back...please know that we never pushed you away to leave, and we never treated you wrongly... Maybe like Steve said it was just your attitude?

I for one have many many gay friends...and I love them dearly. One of them is like a sibling to me...I trust him very strongly and I don't know what my life would be like if he wasn't by my side... so I guess I don't understand you suddenly coming out and exploding on us for somethign we've never done?

It doesn't make sense...

but I wish you all the best, CAA is just a website, but I feel a lot of people here geniunely care about everyone else...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby rocklobster » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:20 pm

I don't think anyone has ever said anything against your being homosexual. As for me, I happen to have a cousin who is homosexual. And I love her very much. But I have to agree with Stephen. Your attitude has always sucked.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:05 pm

I don't know about you, but I love gay people.

Just so you know. =)
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:15 pm

I'd like to highlight:

Disagreement isn't Hate.

I believe it's wrong for parents to smoke around their children. I don't hate parents who do, but I think it's wrong and they should stop.

Thinking something is wrong doesn't mean you hate people who do those things. That idea is completely absurd.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Sheenar » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:41 pm

Bobtheduck (post: 1262898) wrote:I'd like to highlight:

Disagreement isn't Hate.

I believe it's wrong for parents to smoke around their children. I don't hate parents who do, but I think it's wrong and they should stop.

Thinking something is wrong doesn't mean you hate people who do those things. That idea is completely absurd.

I agree with Bob. Leaving because you think people will act a certain way isn't a good reason --you should never make generalized assumptions.

I also think homosexuality is wrong. But I don't hate people who live that lifestyle. I try my best to show them real Christianity and real servanthood, not the automatic shunning that is sadly so prevalent in society.
I don't think anyone here hates you because you are gay. You are still our friend even if you want to leave.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby beau99 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:05 pm

rocklobster (post: 1262880) wrote:But I have to agree with Stephen. Your attitude has always sucked.

:(

I've always been nice to a lot of people here. If you could kindly show me where my attitude has sucked, please do. If I really have acted less than good, I apologize. I'm not perfect. I apologize for even making this thread. I just wanted to tell how I really felt. I possibly could have approached it differently.

So it's now confirmed that people have always had issues with me, including an admin. Gah...

Lock this thread, please. If anyone wants to talk to me privately, I have MSN, or you may send me a PM.
beau99

Postby Puguni » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:20 pm

beau99 (post: 1262911) wrote::(

I've always been nice to a lot of people here. If you could kindly show me where my attitude has sucked, please do. If I really have acted less than good, I apologize. I'm not perfect. I apologize for even making this thread. I just wanted to tell how I really felt. I possibly could have approached it differently.

So it's now confirmed that people have always had issues with me, including an admin. Gah...

Do you know what's really sad? Not that you're gay...but that board members here would suddenly say, "Oh, well, your attitude sucked anyway," when you're leaving. Because they could somehow never say it to you personally? How crude.

But at least you should take heart that no one here dislikes you because you're gay. I'm sure I'm stepping on people's toes here, but I think it's ok that you're gay and find it admirable that you aren't indulging yourself sexually in spite of it.

It's so easy to focus on the negatives; instead focus on the fact that no one is ostracizing you.

I do resent your thread title. You make us sound like an explicit gay hate board, when it's completely not the case.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:08 pm

I'm sorry, but this initial post reeked of probing... You want to challenge the rules of the forum, so you decided to turn anyone who disagreed with you into a bigot and accuse them of hatred. That is a despicable tactic, and maybe you should look at your own heart before you start saying things about everyone else here, after stunts like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Stephen » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:20 pm

Beau wrote:Lock this thread, please.

Sure. Btw Puguni check your PM's.
Stephen

Return to General