Nicknames

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:26 pm

That reminds me.. What does the "G" stand for in your name, TG ^^?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Furen » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:14 am

Tsukuyomi (post: 1417387) wrote:That reminds me.. What does the "G" stand for in your name, TG ^^?

Ok yeah true, I know what T is for but whats the G for?
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby goldenspines » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:25 am

Furen (post: 1417440) wrote:Ok yeah true, I know what T is for but whats the G for?

I know what it stands for because I'm smart like that. XD;
*isn't going to tell though O:*

Also, I remember another nickname someone gave me, Goldilocks. XD;
goldenspines

Postby Nate » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:15 am

Fanny wrote:Why was Nate used in this example? XD

Maybe because he knows how I am. Which is frightening. I TRY TO HIDE THE REAL ME SO MUCH ON HERE AND THEN PEOPLE FIGURE IT OUT ANYWAY. :l

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby GeneD » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:44 am

TheSubtleDoctor (post: 1416773) wrote:Has your SN ever been used as a verb?

i.e. "Oh, snap! Nate just got GeneD!"
Not untill know that I know of. :)

Fantasy Dreamer (post: 1417268) wrote:Why was Nate used in this example? XD
I'd like to know too...?
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:47 am

Fantasy Dreamer (post: 1417268) wrote:Why was Nate used in this example? XD
Cause he's mah boyfriend.

Actually, I happened to look up and there he was in the thread.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:49 am

For some reason.. I'm thinking <mod snip for safety> xD?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Nate » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:56 am

TheSubtleDoctor wrote:Cause he's mah boyfriend.

We were supposed to be keeping that a secret! D:<

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Furen » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:43 pm

Tsukuyomi (post: 1417482) wrote:For some reason.. I'm thinking <happy mod snip> xD?

I like that idea!
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby ADXC » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:54 pm

Tsukuyomi (post: 1417482) wrote:For some reason.. I'm thinking <modsnip> xD?

That kinda reminds me of Gilbert Godfrey.
ADXC

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:30 pm

Nate wrote:Maybe because he knows how I am. Which is frightening. I TRY TO HIDE THE REAL ME SO MUCH ON HERE AND THEN PEOPLE FIGURE IT OUT ANYWAY. :l

I lol'd when I first read the "Nate got GeneD" thing. What a bizarre coincidence.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:43 pm

Fantasy Dreamer wrote:Why was Nate used in this example? XD

My assumption was because "Gene" rhymes with "jean" (as in, the type of pants), and for Nate to be "jean'd" would cause just about anyone to say, "Oh snap! Nate just got jean'd!"

XDD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:02 pm

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]My nickname on-line is "Khaki" or "Socks" as I typically use the same SN throughout the internets.

Offline, my nick name is just regular, ordinary "Josh". However, I ABSOLUTELY hate it when people call me "Josh" when I meet them for the first time without asking me if it's okay first.[/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Sheenar » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:22 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1417621) wrote:My assumption was because "Gene" rhymes with "jean" (as in, the type of pants), and for Nate to be "jean'd" would cause just about anyone to say, "Oh snap! Nate just got jean'd!"

XDD

I've been here a long time, but I honestly don't get it. XD

For me, my screenname "Sheenar" is a real-life nickname. In high school, my friends and I were in Spanish class together and they made my name into an -AR verb. And conjugated it: Sheeno, Sheenas, Sheena, Sheenamos, Sheenan. XD

Other nicknames: Sheena Las Vegas, Steena (a mistake on my name's spelling on an insurance card), Sheena Warrior Princess, Sunshine, and lastly, though not an "official" nickname, I've had people call me "Pebbles" --confusing me with my service dog (now retired), apparently (I don't blame them for only remembering her name--she's just got that charisma.) :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Sheenar (post: 1417639) wrote:I've been here a long time, but I honestly don't get it. XD

XDD There is a running joke on CAA about Nate and his inability to find or wear pants at any given time. It was a shot-in-the-dark reference, but I figured some people might get it. XDD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby ich1990 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:30 pm

I thought the point of nicknames was that someone, one day, threw it at you and it stuck. You don't choose the nicknames, they choose you.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:38 pm

Furen (post: 1417440) wrote:Ok yeah true, I know what T is for but whats the G for?

goldenspines (post: 1417459) wrote:I know what it stands for because I'm smart like that. XD]
Actually, I know what it stands for too. Does this make me smart?? o.o
Radical Dreamer (post: 1417642) wrote:XDD There is a running joke on CAA about Nate and his inability to find or wear pants at any given time. It was a shot-in-the-dark reference, but I figured some people might get it. XDD

I got it! XD
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Furen » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:58 pm

oh, fu's a smary pants now huh? okay I'll accept the fact and move on... although it would be cool to have some conformation.
Furen

Postby Sheenar » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:26 am

Furen (post: 1417677) wrote:oh, fu's a smary pants now huh? okay I'll accept the fact and move on... although it would be cool to have some conformation.

Conformation? Like in a dog or horse show? My service dog in training's father competes in conformation.
Conformation = "the shape or structure of something, esp. an animal" --Oxford American Dictionary

I think you meant confirmation.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Furen » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:30 am

Sheenar (post: 1417720) wrote:Conformation? Like in a dog or horse show? My service dog in training's father competes in conformation.
Conformation = "the shape or structure of something, esp. an animal" --Oxford American Dictionary

I think you meant confirmation.

Oops typo, I'll fix that now, thanks.
Furen

Postby ADXC » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:05 am

Furen (post: 1417677) wrote:oh, fu's a smary pants now huh? okay I'll accept the fact and move on... although it would be cool to have some conformation.

You may also want to correct smary.
ADXC

Postby Rusty Claymore » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:49 pm

ich1990 (post: 1417644) wrote:I thought the point of nicknames was that someone, one day, threw it at you and it stuck. You don't choose the nicknames, they choose you.

Sometimes you never get nicknames that way. Or else they utalized a language you happen to dislike greatly.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Mister » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:13 pm

list of nick names for me:

Mister....
Mis? NO!

ok that's all T.T

Call me whatever you like! as long as it's not bad or perverse......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so6IQ4GYm2o&feature=related

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

Postby ADXC » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:11 pm

@ Mister-How about Señor?
ADXC

Postby Furen » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:32 pm

ADXC (post: 1417748) wrote:You may also want to correct smary.

Do I really have to say smarty pant's, everyone does that...
Furen

Postby ADXC » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:00 pm

But Smary isn't a real word.

Smary sounds like a combination of both starry and smarty. XD
ADXC

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:26 pm

ADXC wrote:But Smary isn't a real word.

Smary sounds like a combination of both starry and smarty. XD

"Smary, smary night . . ."
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Furen » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:32 pm

I think I'll come to enjoy this new made up word.
Furen

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:38 pm

What has happened to this thread... o.o
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Furen » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:53 pm

you're right Fu BACK ON TOPIC FUREN!!!

that aught to fix...
oh wait...
yeah back on topic

looks like Furn is the most common nn for me now... (Still like Ren best of all the NN's right now)
Furen

Previous Next

Return to General