Lady GaGa and her Illegal Anime Eyes

Talk about anything in here.

Postby chibiphonebooth » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:56 pm

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1407661) wrote:Heck yeah. I don't eat it anyway. That crap tastes terrible.

I might wear those contacts for a costume, but I can't imagine wearing them regularly. I don't even wear makeup of any sorts.

i will say one thing. wearing these lenses without makeup (at least for me) makes me look like i'm all hopped up on crazy amounts of drugs. XD

they are really supposed to be worn with makeup lol!

[IMG]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh312/ImaginationCake/circle%]

(regular eye) (eye with GEO nudy green)
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:58 pm

Really? In the picture you posted, I'd never have known those were contacts. They just look natural. Or is that because of the make up? XD Like I said, I know next to nothing about make up, which is kinda odd for a 20 year old girl, lol

EDIT: Oh, now this latest pic loads... XD They don't look too far out, though I can see they're off center.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby thisiskris89 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:36 pm

um, i wear glasses for far way...just thought i'd through that out there...my prescription got stronger...i think my eyes have gotten worse*cries*

dont be sad i no nothin bout make up either,never did care for it.
i float like a cloud and sting like a paper cut!:thumb:
thisiskris89

Postby Nate » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:38 pm

*nod* They likely have. Like everything else in the human body, eyesight deteriorates over time. That's why so many old people who had perfect 20/20 vision in their younger years need reading glasses when they get wrinkly. So those of us who start off with bad eyesight, it deteriorates every so often. I make it a habit to get my eyes checked every few years or so, that way you can determine when new glasses are necessary.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:42 pm

chibiphonebooth (post: 1407666) wrote:i will say one thing. wearing these lenses without makeup (at least for me) makes me look like i'm all hopped up on crazy amounts of drugs. XD

they are really supposed to be worn with makeup lol!

(regular eye) (eye with GEO nudy green)

OMG. I didn't notice the right eye at first, and just looked at the left eye. XD So I didn't realize you had one circle lens in and one out, and then I saw your right eye and was like "WHAT OMG WHOA." And then I LOL'd. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby chibiphonebooth » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:30 pm

LOL yah it looks weird like that. XD
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:21 am

That looks shooped. That's a shoop. I can tell by some of the pixels.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Winry » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:28 am

My eyesight is horrible. Got glasses when I was six wore them for 7 years then switched to contacts. Sorry, Nate, but Contacts >>> Glasses in my opinion.
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Phantom_Sorano 12:29 - Congrats Winry, you are the first CAA Chat Survivor.
Winry

Postby steenajack » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:58 am

Tsukuyomi (post: 1407634) wrote:I remember hearing from an online friend. Then, that one Asian girl they mentioned in the news video xD They reported that part wrong, btw >_> She wasn't trying to be Lady Gaga.. She was doing a Sailor Moon/cosplaying make up tut :P

Actually, the girl in that video was trying to imitate Lady Ga Ga's look. Here's the actual video:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MichellePhan#p/u/0/bHVOxhEpjp0

and here is the Sailor Moon one:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MichellePhan#p/search/0/2i5qkSxF60U

and, just for fun, here is here tutorial on anime eyes:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MichellePhan#p/search/0/_nJXK5EJEQA
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby Straylight » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:02 am

I think they look bad. Having said that, there are a lot of other cosmetic contact lenses around which do other things like make your eyes red, or make it look like you've got cat's eyes. Those lenses aren't illegal. As soon as some of these lenses get approved by regulatory agencies (e.g. FDA) there won't be an issue.
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby Ante Bellum » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:24 am

Yeah, my friend has a pair of red contacts, but they aren't large. Like mine, they're the size of normal contacts lens. She bought hers at Anime Detour, so it was zero-power. I doubt they'd let in illegal dealers, so I think they're safe enough. On a lot of online stores you'd need a prescription to get lens, even for zero-power.
Interesting thing is, 1800Contacts doesn't sell the theater-type contacts, like the cat eye lens. They said it's because teens get them and share them, which can cause/spread infections. At least, last I checked they said that. I went back on and couldn't find it, just a warning to not share contacts.
Ante Bellum

Postby Nate » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:50 pm

Winry wrote:Sorry, Nate, but Contacts >>> Glasses in my opinion.

It's fine. No law against being wrong.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Atria35 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:21 pm

steenajack (post: 1407985) wrote:and, just for fun, here is here tutorial on anime eyes:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MichellePhan#p/search/0/_nJXK5EJEQA

AH! I found this one on Youtube! Though the one posted on Youtube is.... slightly better quality. But it's also AWESOME!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i5qkSxF60U&playnext_from=TL&videos=qBF_FP-KtBE
Atria35

Postby GeneD » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:36 am

I struggled very long with regular contacts and still prefer my glasses, so it'd probably kill me to try to wear bigger ones.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby shooraijin » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:35 pm

Straylight (post: 1407986) wrote:I think they look bad. Having said that, there are a lot of other cosmetic contact lenses around which do other things like make your eyes red, or make it look like you've got cat's eyes. Those lenses aren't illegal. As soon as some of these lenses get approved by regulatory agencies (e.g. FDA) there won't be an issue.

Quite right. I'm not wild about them myself, and I think anything distorting the normal anatomy of the eye is asking for trouble. However, lots of people put unnecessary lenses in their eyes which are perfectly legal and regulated.

FTR, I use contacts, but I prefer to be in glasses, and on the weekends I'm usually in glasses. My eyes get fatigued in contacts.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby XIV_whisper » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:10 pm

...anime eyes? O.O
XIV_whisper

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:49 pm

I prefer glasses to contacts on girls, but I prefer contacts to these:Image or these Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Previous

Return to General