Good Christian video game

Talk about anything in here.

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:20 pm

I'm trying not to be too negative but I honestly doubt there'll ever be a good christian game unless one of you guys make it.

'Cause honestly, the message I've gotten from the christian games I've seen is: "Oh, the graphics, storyline, and gameplay don't really count. The message and christian elements are what count. As long as they're in we can slap a label on it and sell it."
CrimsonRyu17

Postby Gabriel 9.0 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:58 pm

CrimsonRyu17 wrote:I'm trying not to be too negative but I honestly doubt there'll ever be a good christian game unless one of you guys make it.

'Cause honestly, the message I've gotten from the christian games I've seen is: "Oh, the graphics, storyline, and gameplay don't really count. The message and christian elements are what count. As long as they're in we can slap a label on it and sell it."

Lol, yeah I noticed that myself., half of these Christian video games aren't even accurate to what the Bible teaches us. Which Is why I and others are putting in great effort to do something original and new to not just the video game idustry but the entire media industry as a whole. I have faith one day that it will become a reality blessed by God, afterall anything is possible with God.
Some of my favorite scriptures.

Psalm91
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Hebrews 4-4
1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

James 4
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Gabriel 9.0

Postby animaniac » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:12 pm

if youv heard of the game fear you know its meant to scare the living crap out of you you could make it like that do good deeds to avoid a demon that chases you......i cant think of much after that i have good basic ideas but i dont think thinks through
animaniac

Postby ich1990 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:36 pm

animaniac (post: 1293651) wrote:if youv heard of the game fear you know its meant to scare the living crap out of you you could make it like that do good deeds to avoid a demon that chases you......i cant think of much after that i have good basic ideas but i dont think thinks through

I haven't seen/played a lot of F.E.A.R. but it is pretty darn jumpy.

Just so you know, we here at CAA (and in the forum world in general) usually prefer that old threads are not "gravedug," or posted on again after they've been untouched for a year or more unless you have something really, really important to say.

This thread is old enough that additional suggestions probably wouldn't be very helpful to the original thread starter.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Shilohan ninja » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:13 pm

I have had a dream of some day making games that employ Christian values and a Christian worldview for a while now. It'll probably still be awhile before I start going to college for it, but in earning my degree in game design, I plan to give you gamers your wish. I see it as a kind of life goal for myself, besides becoming an overseas missionary. I still don't know for sure how that'll pan out yet, but God willing, I hope to change the way people look at 'Christian games'. Even I don't know what I'm going to come up with yet, but the wheeles are turning. It'll be somethin' good, whatever it is.
Shilohan ninja

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:25 pm

F.E.A.R. is pretty far from being even remotely Christian.

Oh and in b4 lock.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Tarnish » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:50 am

OMG ya ther shuld ttly be a christian video game where you can, like, shoot chritian lazrs from yor christian eyes a BLAST DEMONS BACK TO HELL AND LIKE CONVERT PEOPLE in missons like in gta only christian lol and it could be scry but not 2 scray like the demons could be scary and you coud like, pick up wepons made frm crosses and run around saying bible verses AND IT SHOULD BE LIKE PORTAL OMG THERE SHOLD BE A PORTAL GUN!!!! and have like a crsitian version of glados and it would be funny and awsm
Tarnish

Postby Robin Firedrake » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:51 am

I hate sarcasm when it isn't me that's being sarcastic.
Robin Firedrake

Previous

Return to General