Halloween

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Neane » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:07 pm

K. Ayato (post: 1508547) wrote:I'm kinda glad I live in an apartment complex. Last Halloween, not one kid knocked on our door asking for candy. It was a bit disappointing though, 'cause my husband and I bought a 1-pound bag just for that reason. Oh well.

At least you had candy!:thumb:
Neane

Postby rocklobster » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:09 pm

I also pick a horror film every year. Last year I picked the very first Evil Dead movie. Good ol' Bruce Campbell and his humungous chin. Groovy. I've also watched Rocky Horror a few times (yes, I'm well aware how filthy it is. It's a guilty pleasure. Besides, Meatloaf and Tim Curry are in it.)
This year I may not be able to do it though. But I just found out Hulu has a classic in the so bad it's good department I've been itching to see: Killer Klowns From Outer Space.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Neane » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:11 pm

I greatly enjoyed Killer Klowns From Outer Space.
Who knew that pies could melt you?
Neane

Postby Atria35 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:17 pm

That movie sounds amazing! *puts on list* I know they also have the original House on Haunted Hill for free viewing.
Atria35

Postby aliveinHim » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:32 pm

My siblings and I go to Chuck E. Cheese's. One year my family and I went to the beach. I was a fairy princess last year. This year I'm going to be Urahara.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:44 pm

Atria, if you have seen and liked Hot Fuzz, I'd suggest Brotherhood of the Wolf. Quite dark. It's a bit long, but it's interesting.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Neane » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:47 pm

What about Nosferatu?
Neane

Postby Atria35 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:49 pm

K. Ayato (post: 1508569) wrote:Atria, if you have seen and liked Hot Fuzz, I'd suggest Brotherhood of the Wolf. Quite dark. It's a bit long, but it's interesting.

If I can find it, I'll watch it!
Neane (post: 1508570) wrote:What about Nosferatu?

That sounds fabulous. They have it in the free movie archive- the one that has all the public domain movies. Nice!
Atria35

Postby Twister980 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:49 pm

mechana2015 (post: 1508538) wrote:Twister, this is the second and final warning for this thread. Do not ignore mod posts and do not make a discussion of the religious aspects of the holiday. If this continues this thread will be locked and further action may be taken.

Sorry Mechana.
Image Image "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Twister980

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:56 pm

Or Bram Stoker's Dracula. Creepy.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Neane » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:59 pm

What about the The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari? It's Super Creepy!
And I saw Bram Stoker's Dracula a while a go. It's a very good movie.
Neane

Postby rocklobster » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:09 pm

Isn't that the one with Keanu Reeves and Gary Oldman?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Neane » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:10 pm

rocklobster (post: 1508579) wrote:Isn't that the one with Keanu Reeves and Gary Oldman?

Yes. Why do you ask?
Neane

Postby Maledicte » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:13 pm

Halloween. How I refused to (and didn't get to, anyway) celebrate you in my childhood, but since high school I have been making up for lost time! A chance to wear my vampire fangs and/or costumes and be part of a crowd doing the same thing! And eat lots of candy when they go on sale.

Movies I'm considering to watch in the spirit of the season:

Hocus Pocus (ChristianKitsune will make me if it kills her XD VIRGIN!!)
Repo: The Genetic Opera
Bram Stoker's Dracula (Gary Oldman squee alarm going off in 3...2...1...)
Splice
Pitch Black
Daybreakers
Let The Right One In (I like it better than the remake, Let Me In)
The Crow (FIRE IT UP! FIRE IT UP!)
The Host
Interview with the Vampire
The Lost Boys
Pan's Labyrinth
Phantom of the Paradise
Black Swan
Van Helsing
Love At First Bite
mmmmmmmmaybe Restraint
and of course, The Nightmare Before Christmas!

Anyone dressing up? I'm planning on dressing up as Alice Cooper, maybe as a vampire. Not sure, haven't watched Suck yet.
Maledicte

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:20 pm

Go for the Cooper idea! :jump:

K. Ayato

Postby Neane » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:22 pm

I'm going to watch some Cult Classics this year. Maybe I will watch some Japanese/Korean Horror Movies.
Neane

Postby Furen » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:38 pm

I never decide what to do on that day...
it's either stay at home with a friend to entertain me
or just be home with my mom
Decisions decisions
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Lynna » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:18 pm

I can't watch horror movies to save my life, especially since I'm pretty sure watching them would do anything but save my life XD
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby DangoDaikazoku » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:52 pm

Our family has never really celebrated Halloween. I've never been Trick 'R Treating. I've dressed up a couple times, but I've never been a huge dress up girl. I always saw Halloween as that time when all those amazing movie come onto disney channel, such as Hocus Pocus, Little Vampire, and the Halloween Town Series. All those cheesy ones, because, like Lynna, I can't survive true horror movies. I've been dissapointed the last couple years because of Disney's attempts to upgrade to newer movies. They've also already played Halloween Town randomly over the summer, so that's not good (I'm an annual movie watcher, once a year is good enough thank you).

I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. I've had opportunities to go and Trick 'R Treat with friends and turned them down. Our church has a "harvest festival" every year, in which I got just as much candy, as well as getting to play games in the booths (who's up for winning a fish?). I've gone to plenty of Halloween parties. This year, though, I have the added bonus of knowing this amazing AMV. I've watched it way to much in the past four days.... :sweat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_zYrYkbrGY Gosh, Soul Eater is amazing.

Anyhow, now that I've thouroughly distracted myself, and written up a wall of text.... I might as well hit the post button and send this message on it's way. Yes for first post since the Procrastination Club died! XD Have a good October everyone!
Thank You For Your Time,
DangoDaikazoku
DangoDaikazoku

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:26 pm

Kids, I would not recommend Eraserhead. Horror films generally don't scare me but that one messed me up big time. It's very psychological; it's like a nightmare on film.

Anyways, Halloween is pretty fun. But since I don't have kids and all my friends do, I never get to do anything on Halloween anymore. Everyone's always too busy taking their kids trick or treating. But this year I live in an actual house in an actual neighborhood so I will at least get to put on some funky makeup and hand out candy (I hope)!
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Neane » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:08 pm

And that's why we should watch Nosferatu. Greatest Vampire Film ever made.
Neane

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:57 am

mechana2015 (post: 1508508) wrote:Yeah for retail this is the Holiday Season for the next 5 months. Nonstop themed displays for everything!

Worst of all, we received Halloween crap back in August and Christmas was on display in September. There's really only like 4 months collectively where you don't see any stupid holiday merchandise at all.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby christianfriend » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:04 pm

I like Halloween personally :] It's fun to dress up and go have a good time with friends! And all the other activities during the whole month of October, Like haunted Houses and corn mazes are great! There's something over here called "Scream at the Beach" And it has some of the best haunted houses in the north west :D I'm going to try and go this year.

Oh! And I'm either going to dress up at Batgirl, or my own version of "The Big Bad Wolf" :]
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby samurai10 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:19 pm

I don't know what to dress up as any more. XD I don't really care about Halloween, though I used to be a big fan of it back when I was a little kid. Besides, I'm usually at a church function that night, so we usually just leave a huge jar of candy on the front porch with a paper saying, "Happy Halloween!" XD

I watched Halloween the movie when I was eleven. By myself. O_O That freaked me out bigtime. I've also tried watching Saw and Constantine, but I was never able to get past 10 minutes for either without completely and totally freaking out. I'm not very good with horror movies, though if they're not that bad, I can manage. Like with The Lost Boys. That was pretty freaky, but I didn't have to stop the movie because I would have a seizure if I didn't. :P
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

"MOES! Sign up and sig down!"

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Postby Atria35 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:30 pm

samurai10 (post: 1508772) wrote:I watched Halloween the movie when I was eleven. By myself. O_O That freaked me out bigtime. I've also tried watching Saw and Constantine, but I was never able to get past 10 minutes for either without completely and totally freaking out. I'm not very good with horror movies, though if they're not that bad, I can manage. Like with The Lost Boys. That was pretty freaky, but I didn't have to stop the movie because I would have a seizure if I didn't. :P

I have a lot of trouble with slasher films like those, so I try to stick with more psychological and less blood- if any- like The Shining and The Excorcist.
Atria35

Postby Xeno » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:28 pm

Not to big on Halloween, not for any theological reason, just because I'm in my mid-20s now an my parents gave me the =/ face about trick or treating when I turned about 15. So I just feel like I'm a bit too old to be dressing up in a costume. If I do end up going to a party I'll probably be Doctor Leonard "Bones" McCoy from Star Trek; if I don't go anywhere, then Young Frankenstein will be on repeat all night long.
Xeno

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:06 pm

Since I live pretty far from whatever trick-or-treating goes on in my town, and I haven't dressed up since I did my library's costume parties years ago, I won't be doing anything exciting. My homeschooled siblings and I might rally to request the day off; and if I'm lucky, TCM will run Psycho, and I'll finally get to see it. :3

Maybe if I get into the spirit of things, I'll wear sweats, braid my hair, and call it Tsukimi Kurashita cosplay. XD

And of course, when the festivities have died down and things are on sale, I will mysteriously gain weight.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Psycho Molos » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:52 pm

[quote="ShiroiHikari (post: 1508662)"]Kids, I would not recommend Eraserhead. Horror films generally don't scare me but that one messed me up big time. It's very psychological]

Sounds like my kinda movie lol
[color="Cyan"]Oh MOES! It's Czadek peddling the Black Pill for the Merv! Dark Evolution[/color]

Ich hasst Mein lieben.....
Psycho Molos

Postby Vii » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:07 pm

I'm planning on trick or treating this year (or at least dressing up, it's my favorite part!).

I have a Ravenclaw uniform I made earlier this year for the release of HP7 that's pretty cool (I made the robe virtually from scratch ^^ It actually reaches my ankles and has a big hood! I made my own wand too), but I was thinking of going as Lan Fan from Fullmetal Alchemist. I made her mask over the summer (It turned out really well), and I think it would be easy to go to Goodwill and buy a giant black sweatshirt with a hood, sweatpants, and some gloves to modify. I have some tall black boots as well. I would just have to figure out how to make her chestplate (molding together and shaping layers of craft foam perhaps? I've already researched ways to make it but I'm still open to suggestions...).
Either of the costumes are warm so I won't get cold trick or treating. ^_^ I always have to plan for the cold.

So, yeah. That's my Halloween. =] I also might watch Harry Potter, or The Sixth Sense, or the Halloween episode of Ouran High School Host Club, or any episode of Fullmetal Alchemist with Shou Tucker in it, or Princess Tutu, or maybe I'll start watching Noein or Ghost Hound or...
Vii

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:36 am

I'm a huge fan of Halloween, and though I have been too old to trick or treat (not allowed: I totally would if my mom would let me, haha!) for quite some time, I still dress up. I come from a household of Movie Make-up fanatics though, so...

Plus, I am addicted to pumpkin carving. ^^

This year, I am going as Elphaba from the musical Wicked. :)
A_Yellow_Dress

Previous Next

Return to General