Things that were impossible when you were 5.

Talk about anything in here.

Postby UniqueAngelStar » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:40 pm

When I was 5, I wasn't a fan of Justin Bieber because he was probably way younger than I was and not popular.

Now, I'm not a fan of Justin Bieber and never will.
[Spoiler]
[SIZE="1"]But I like Aaron Carter when he was young as 10. I'll admit, his songs were catchy to me ^__^; heheheh[/SIZE][/spoiler]
ImageImage
[color="DarkOrchid"]@)[/color][color="DarkGreen"]}~`,~[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Proud member of[/color] MOES!
UniqueAngelStar

Postby ABlipinTime » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:03 pm

When I was 5, I didn't know it was actually possible to jump to the moon.

Yeah quantum mechanics.
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby Yuki-Anne » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:16 am

I wouldn't be able to talk face to face with my brother all the way across the Pacific Ocean.

Dude, I remember when I saw something on the news about video phones and how they weren't yet a viable technology but they would be within the next ten years or so, and I was like, "Man, we're one step closer to Star Trek!" XD I wasn't five at the time, but still... video phone and webcam technology... it's pretty amazing. Also, I couldn't just log onto facebook and see what all my friends are up to. If I wanted to know what they were up to, I'd have to do transpacific calls to EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM, which would cost so much money.

So right there... bam.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby samurai10 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:14 am

I couldn't do Algebra when I was five. I couldn't do it when I was nine either, but that's besides the point. :P
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

"MOES! Sign up and sig down!"

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Postby aliveinHim » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:09 am

I couldn't drive. I'm testing for my license in about 2 weeks.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby Sapphire225 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:26 am

Um...you guys, when he said things you couldn't do when your five, he means things you couldn't do when you were five because they did not exist. Such as wireless phones and wii consoles. :sweat:
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby TheMewster » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:13 am

I couldn't have texted, went on CAA, or played a Nintendo DS in the year I was five.
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby Winry » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:00 pm

In the year I was five, I couldn't have bought anything on Ebay or Amazon or had a CD player in my car.
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Phantom_Sorano 12:29 - Congrats Winry, you are the first CAA Chat Survivor.
Winry

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:55 pm

When I was 5, I couldn't have worked on the short story I'm currently writing. I hadn't thought of the plot then, and I didn't have all of the life experiences I've had since then to think of these symbolic messages. ^^
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby F.M Disciple » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:56 am

What could I not do in 1990 the year when I was five.
I could not...
go on the internet,
listen to my mp3 player,
watch a dvd,
pay $10.00 for a movie ticket;)
cell phones were around I believe but not as common as today.
"Its very possible that I could give everything and obtain nothing, But still I have to try."
-Edward Elric.

"If to be feelingly alive to the sufferings of my fellow-creatures is to be a fanatic, I am one of the most incurable fanatics ever permitted to be at large."
-William Wilberforce.
F.M Disciple

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:18 pm

here's some more stuff:
1. I was unable to play an NES (I did have a Colecovision though. With an excellent version of Donkey Kong!)
2. I was unable to watch Star Trek: TNG. I had to wait about seven more years.
3. I was unable to grow up reading Harry Potter. J.K. Rowling hadn't started writing these books yet.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:19 am

In 1988, I would not have been able to screen my calls effectively. They had answering machines back then but no caller ID (at least not to my knowledge).

In 1988, it would not have been financially feasible for me to listen to music on CD, much less have a CD player in my vehicle.

In 1988, if I was going to miss a TV show, I had to record it on VHS. If I missed that chance, I had to wait for a rerun. TV show collections on home video either didn't exist or were prohibitively expensive.

In 1988, we didn't have DVRs, so if you wanted to skip the commercials on a recording, you had to manually skip them yourself with a little something called the "pause" button on your VCR remote. Or if you were recording something while asleep or not at home, just fast-forward through 'em when you watch the tape later. Also make sure the tape is cued up (i.e. rewound to the beginning) and make sure the timer is set right, and it's on the correct channel, and that if you're recording over an old tape that you've put Scotch tape over the little removable tab that keeps someone from accidentally recording over things. And finally, hope that someone else in the house doesn't screw it all up.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Previous

Return to General