Getting Fit

Talk about anything in here.

Postby aliveinHim » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:56 pm

I don't do yoga for the reason it's about shutting down your mind and the whole eatern thought behind it. I do yoga-type stretches. A few summers ago, daddy and I were in our garage doing stetches and my neighbor asked if we were doing yoga. He said it's called stretching. I used to be really flexible. I could backbend, do a split, etc. Now, my hip joints are made of metal.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby Ally-Ann » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:49 pm

aliveinHim (post: 1464727) wrote:I don't do yoga for the reason it's about shutting down your mind and the whole eatern thought behind it.

That's why I don't do yoga. I don't mind the stretching part of it, but the part that really makes yoga yoga is shutting down your mind. Just my beliefs. Don't lecture me, and don't get off topic too much. I don't want this thread shutting down because of uncivil arguements.

I won't be able to exercise for a little while now since I have allergies. Especially in the morning. This morning, junk made it slightly difficult to breathe. So I'm ticked off. I wanted to play racquet ball today.:shady:
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby yukoxholic » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:13 pm

I run 4 miles in 45 minutes 7 days a week. It's awesome cardio for me as well as keeps me in fit shape! I try to watch what I consume (junk wise but I still eat some aka chocolate chip ice cream ^_^!) but everything is in moderation. I stick mostly to salads, fresh fruits and veggies, lean protein, complex carbs, and "good fats" found in fish, nuts, etc.

I'd like to incorporate some more yoga into my workout routine as I only do a few yoga poses for stretching after workouts. I'd also like to add in some light weight lifting but I don't want to hurt myself unless I am shown properly how to do it!

I love this thread because I'm such a fitness geek! XD

Also, to those trying to lose weight please be careful as well as mindful of yourselves and the choices you make. As some have already stated it's ok to eat some junk food but do not punish yourself for eating that cookie because you think you'll gain weight or you need to work off x amount of calories in order to achieve your goals, do not restrict your calories, do not COUNT your calories, etc. These types of behaviors/thinking can lead to eating disorders such as binging, anorexia, bulimia, or even over exercising (exercise bulimic.)

The idea is to be healthy not to be compulsive about it! Remember to have fun! You're all already beautiful just the way you are now! :)
yukoxholic

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:44 pm

Ally-Ann (post: 1464781) wrote:That's why I don't do yoga. I don't mind the stretching part of it, but the part that really makes yoga yoga is shutting down your mind. Just my beliefs. Don't lecture me, and don't get off topic too much. I don't want this thread shutting down because of uncivil arguements.

aliveinHim (post: 1464727) wrote:I don't do yoga for the reason it's about shutting down your mind and the whole eatern thought behind it.

┐(´~`;)┌ Okay.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Ally-Ann » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:10 pm

Anywho~~ I jogged again today. I jogged faster than I did last time and my heart rate was much higher. I'm happy. :)
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby aliveinHim » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:11 pm

Keep it up and you'll see results.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby Nate » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:29 pm

Let's just hope the results aren't the same results as Jim Fixx's.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Previous

Return to General