Marital Conflict

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Yuki-Anne » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:41 pm

Well, I wouldn't take that tack on marriage, really. Times were tough when I was a kid, and I saw a lot of fights, and some of them got pretty ugly, but as time has gone by, I have seen their marriage get better. I have watched my mom mature as a person and deal with the issues she wouldn't admit to having for the longest time. It's largely due to my father's patience and influence that my mother has been able to forgive men in general for what a couple of them did to her when she was young.

It's because of my dad that I believe good men exist, and I know what they look like, and it's because of my mom that I believe God exists and has the power to heal.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Nami » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:27 am

@Yuki: That's awesome! Its nice to have someone who is a good role-model. ^_^

FllMtl Novelist (post: 1458215) wrote:Hmm. Well when my parents argue it tends to be loud, because my Dad's voice carries well anyway, and then he tends to raise it. I've never seen Mom raise hers. No big tantrums. At the worst Dad will pound the table or something, and one time I heard that Mom slammed the refrigerator door.

I used to get scared half to death when Dad was "frustrated" and hide up in my room until things got better, but recently it's stopped terrifying me. Partly because I see my parents less as "Fu's Parents, The Chosen Ones" and more like regular people who get frustrated and angry just like I do. I still don't like it when there's a problem, though.

Also, I am saddened and somewhat shocked at some of the stories on here. :( Nami your story's pretty harsh too, I think.

Yeah, I came to the realization when I was 6 years old that my parents were far from "perfect." but I still wanted to believe my mom was. ^_^ I paid for that dearly later.

It's pretty harsh, I'm sure there are worse. But for me, it was bad. ^^; I was very angry all through my life and lost my temper almost all the time, because no one reached out to me. My whole family never tried to help us feel better and some tried to turn us against our parents. *sigh* Its was a mess, and it still is. But *shrugs* I have many horrible stories. But I'm really not into telling people about them, mostly because it feels pathetic (for me) but yeah. ^^ I'm happy to know there are good people out in the world.

It also fascinates me that even though a lot of us have been through hard times, we endured with God's love and by His Grace. Actually, you all are some really pleasant people! And I'm proud to be here and know you. ^^ if only a little~
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Davidizer13 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:24 am

Somehow, I don't remember my parents ever having a real fight, ever. Sure, they argue over some things and get annoyed with each other a bit, but they've never really raised their voices at each other, thank goodness. My brother and sister (and sometimes me) fight more and more intensely with each other than I've seen my parents fight. What's more, I don't really know anyone in my family who's gotten a divorce or whose marriage could be in trouble - I guess you could call it being blessed with good families. If I get married, I'll have to ask them how they do it, because I want that kind of relationship.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby samurai10 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:11 am

D: Aw, Nami! My parents can get into pretty bad fights, but neither ever almost killed each other.....

Which reminds me. My aunt and uncle used to fight A LOT. The subject of divorce has been brought up many many times. And it's kind of sad since my uncle helps with a lot of stuff around the house and my aunt only talks on the phone, and if my uncle refuses to help with something, my aunt threatens divorce. *facepalm* My mom had to step in like, twice. If not for my mom, they'd be divorced by now....

My aunt and uncle's relationship is worse than my parents relationship. But I still think neither threw anything....

My sister and my brother-in-law have been married for almost two years now. And as far as I know, they haven't gotten into any bad fights. Sure, they annoy each other once in a while, especially when it regards my bro-in-law's college and my niece, but they're really a very nice couple. Even though my mom would say something about that....>_>
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

"MOES! Sign up and sig down!"

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Previous

Return to General