Health and Fitness

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Nate » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:40 pm

Midknight74012 wrote:-2-3 whole tomatoes
-4 cucumbers
-3-4 green onion stems
-1 avocado

Whoa, it's everything I hate, all in one convenient place so I can throw it out even faster!

As for salads? I'll stick with the classic salad.

Today we salute you Mr. Giant Taco Salad Inventor
(Mr. Giant Taco Salad Inventor)
Ground beef, refried beans, guacamole, cheese, sour cream and if there's any room left, a few shreds of lettuce.
(I don't see no lettuce!)
A culinary invention that baffles the human mind, a twelve thousand calorie salad.
(Aye-carumba!)
Some may ask, is your taco salad healthy? Of course it is, it's a salad isn't it?
(You can eat that deep fried crunchy bowl!)

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Yuki-Anne » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:42 pm

Hahaha! I got a taco salad when I was in the states at Christmas and it was like, "Is there even any lettuce in here?" Totally worth it, though. XD
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:43 pm

That's funny, usually when I get tacos it's all lettuce and I'm like "where's all the meat?" XD

Oh wait, you said taco SALAD. Yeah. That's different. DERP
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Midknight74012 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:47 pm

Nate (post: 1451743) wrote:Whoa, it's everything I hate, all in one convenient place so I can throw it out even faster!

As for salads? I'll stick with the classic salad.

Today we salute you Mr. Giant Taco Salad Inventor
(Mr. Giant Taco Salad Inventor)
Ground beef, refried beans, guacamole, cheese, sour cream and if there's any room left, a few shreds of lettuce.
(I don't see no lettuce!)
A culinary invention that baffles the human mind, a twelve thousand calorie salad.
(Aye-carumba!)
Some may ask, is your taco salad healthy? Of course it is, it's a salad isn't it?
(You can eat that deep fried crunchy bowl!)

Your just a little ray of sunshine, aren't ya?

SHING!!
"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Psalms 82:3-4
Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless;
maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed.
Rescue the weak and needy;
deliver them from the hand of the wicked.
Midknight74012

Postby Yuki-Anne » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:47 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1451666) wrote:I feel that an argument about diet, health, and people going "The Bible says we should take care of ourselves" is about to spawn real soon... lol

Quoted for prescience.

Yup, there it is.

Isn't that passage about sex? Oh wait... yeah...
Yuki-Anne

Postby Nate » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:53 pm

Midknight74012 wrote:Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God?

I didn't know that not eating vegetables was the same as sinning sexually.

Alth--no wait, no, I will NOT go down that road on this site.

Nate

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:53 pm

Midknight74012 (post: 1451749) wrote:Your just a little ray of sunshine, aren't ya?

SHING!!
"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

I am giving glory back to God! I am sharing the yummy foods with Him! :D
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Midknight74012 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:00 pm

I really do wish you were more positive, Nate.
Psalms 82:3-4
Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless;
maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed.
Rescue the weak and needy;
deliver them from the hand of the wicked.
Midknight74012

Postby steenajack » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:10 pm

I like to run on treadmiles, do aerobics, dance around randomly. Then I try to do push ups, pull ups, and sit ups to maintain muscle tone. And I streach! I haven't been too good about my workouts though...I'm slowly getting back into them though.

For the most part, I try to eat healthy. I've been eating fruit in the morning and here and there throughout the day for snacks. (LOVES fruit). I try to remember to drink water though.

I'm also part of a site called beachbody! It helps me stay motivated. :)
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby Nate » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:17 pm

Midknight74012 wrote:I really do wish you were more positive, Nate.

I wasn't aware eating vegetables was a requirement for being positive. I think I can avoid veggies and be positive at the same time. :p

Nate

Postby Ante Bellum » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:31 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1451668) wrote:I'm vegan by the way, because if you're vegan than you get a bunch of special powers like telekinesis and stuff.

YOU HAVE VEGAN POWERS?!

Ah, well, anyways, I don't do much to keep healthy or in shape. I keep telling myself that I should go do more weightlifting but I live in a dorm, and when I'm at home I just want to rest.
Ante Bellum

Postby Furen » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:33 pm

I go to work, and drink water, *though this doesn't mean I don't drink pop, we just never have it* and walk home from school when I can, also my mother is great with keeping food healthy.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:38 pm

Nate (post: 1451751) wrote:I didn't know that not eating vegetables was the same as sinning sexually.

Alth--no wait, no, I will NOT go down that road on this site.

It might also mean that taking care of things that God gives us is a good thing to do, lol
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Nate » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:47 pm

Oh I don't deny that. I was just talking about the context of that particular verse he posted, which was "Don't sin sexually, because your body is a temple to God and he who sins sexually is sinning against the temple." XD So I was like what does this have to do with me not wanting to eat vegetables?

Nate

Postby kairo14 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:48 pm

Yuki-Anne (post: 1451675) wrote:I calorie count. It's a pain in the butt, but it works, and I can have my cake too. ^_^

when it come to losing weight I'm convinced counting calories is the best the thing. I saw a report of a man losing 30 pd. by eating only twinkies, but he eat no more twinkies than 1,900 calories.

I personally workout at home a few times a week with medium weights. But there is this wing-chung teacher I want to start taking when I can get a little more cash saved up. I also try to get in my recommend fiber, whole grain and veggies in.
As a writer I find that eating healthily and working out noticeably helps with concentration and mental strength.
ImageImage
[font="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]www.osheadavis.com / "MOES: Go, and scroll no more." [/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"]Dragonballz rocks, and, Jesus Saves / Naruto does multi-clone no jutsu,, but,, Jesus gives new-birth no jutsu[/SIZE][/font]
kairo14

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:21 pm

Nate (post: 1451785) wrote:Oh I don't deny that. I was just talking about the context of that particular verse he posted, which was "Don't sin sexually, because your body is a temple to God and he who sins sexually is sinning against the temple." XD So I was like what does this have to do with me not wanting to eat vegetables?

Oh Nate, what would we do without you, lol xD
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:14 pm

I've been eating mostly heart-healthy foods since I was at least in the 4th grade, because my dad had a heart attack around that time, so my family has been very big on heart health since then. XD Otherwise, yeah, eating fruits and vegetables is awesome, as is drinking enough water and not drinking as many sodas. XD Also, I took an aerobics class last semester and loved it; the extra exercise does wonders for your mental state as well as the amount of energy you have in a day. XD I also do some yoga here and there, and take the stairs to my apartment whenever I can. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby shooraijin » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:31 am

I tell my patients to eat better, while I have a hamburger.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Okami » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:03 am

I don't eat very much red meat. Since I came to college I've been eating much less red meats and a lot more chicken (I stay away from the fish, I'm not adventurous enough) and hamburgers and stuff are just like...meat-like product...so I only get real red meat maybe twice a year during the school year (Christmas has roast beef and sometime towards the end we have a cookout) and so when I go out to eat or am home I have to be very conscious of hamburgers and steaks...as much as I love them, they don't love me so much. :(
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:49 pm

Well, depending on where you are in the country, fish can be really nasty. I went to college in Missouri and most of the fish that wasn't way out of my price range was pretty nasty. I also ate sushi once in New Mexico and got a rash all up and down my arms. It was not fun at all. So when I'm inland, I just eat whatever meat is around.

When I'm in Japan, I'm all about the fish, though. And the shrimp. Seafood is awesome here, which is good because much of the time it's just as affordable as other meat, if not more so.
Yuki-Anne

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:00 pm

I like fish, but I don't cook it often because I'm pretty far inland, and dang that stuff is expensive. Also I'm not that great at cooking it anyway for lack of experience, so I pretty much only eat it when I go out.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:33 pm

Generally speaking, I eat what I like... which just so happens to contain a lot of relatively healthier foods. I like fruits and veggies and cannot imagine what it would be like to not enjoy them.

I have been slacking off on working out this past year, but I am addressing that by adding a general workout class to my school schedule.

ShiroiHikari (post: 1452026) wrote:I like fish, but I don't cook it often because I'm pretty far inland, and dang that stuff is expensive. Also I'm not that great at cooking it anyway for lack of experience, so I pretty much only eat it when I go out.

I thought that there were a lot of man made lakes where you live? I suppose that doesn't mean that they have any fish farms, but I would have expected it.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Warrior4Christ » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:33 pm

Cognitive Gear (post: 1452043) wrote:Generally speaking, I eat what I like... which just so happens to contain a lot of relatively healthier foods. I like fruits and veggies and cannot imagine what it would be like to not enjoy them.

I'm like that too. I just drink lots of water and eat whatever, which is quite likely to have a significant portion of veggies/fruit. It's not that much effort to do.

I should probably exercise more though...
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:02 pm

There are a lot of lakes here but I'm not sure about fish farms. You can get catfish here pretty easily but...eww.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Nate » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:14 pm

I want everyone to know I ate healthy today. When I had leftover pizza I dipped my crust into the buttery garlic dipping sauce I had. Garlic is a vegetable!

Nate

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:21 pm

Nate (post: 1452098) wrote:I want everyone to know I ate healthy today. When I had leftover pizza I dipped my crust into the buttery garlic dipping sauce I had. Garlic is a vegetable!

I can beat that. I made cookies and ate about a 1/3 of the dough. Wheat's good for you.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Nate » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:22 pm

I don't think there's any health benefits to eating a can of frosting though so I probably can't claim that as even a technical victory.

Nate

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:24 pm

"Eggs, milk, and wheat! That's nutrition!"
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Roberts » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:29 pm

I recently discovered that my progressively worsening health was due to my body having an extremely low tolerance for carbohydrates, so now I pretty much eat healthy by default.

To add to that, after my health dramatically improved from the above dietary changes, I decided to start an exercise routine, because low body fat with no muscles looks... disturbing. So anyways, I now work out for a bit over an hour a day, 6 days a week. It was absolute hell when I started (did not want) but I'm starting to get used to it, and even enjoying it to some degree (which is unheard of for me.)

I do envy you all for being able to eat whatever you feel like, though. I miss that.
Roberts

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:51 pm

Roberts (post: 1452103) wrote:I recently discovered that my progressively worsening health was due to my body having an extremely low tolerance for carbohydrates, so now I pretty much eat healthy by default.

To add to that, after my health dramatically improved from the above dietary changes, I decided to start an exercise routine, because low body fat with no muscles looks... disturbing. So anyways, I now work out for a bit over an hour a day, 6 days a week. It was absolute hell when I started (did not want) but I'm starting to get used to it, and even enjoying it to some degree (which is unheard of for me.)

I do envy you all for being able to eat whatever you feel like, though. I miss that.

A cast iron stomach is a double edged sword. If it tastes good, it's probably not good for you- but you get to eat it anyway. Which means you need to lose 30 pounds.
Shao Feng-Li

Previous Next

Return to General