Too many kittens

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun May 23, 2010 1:48 pm

ADXC wrote:we learned to keep out pets fixed!

And the fact that our pets will never be happy again! :lol:
[color="Red"]
[font="Book Antiqua"]Col. Roy Mustang
[/font][/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby Ante Bellum » Sun May 23, 2010 2:37 pm

I heard that some will actually replace what was taken out from the males...
Ante Bellum

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Sun May 23, 2010 3:45 pm

Ante Bellum (post: 1396040) wrote:I heard that some will actually replace what was taken out from the males...

ಠ___ಠ Wat.
CrimsonRyu17

Postby Nate » Sun May 23, 2010 4:38 pm

...what?

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Ante Bellum » Sun May 23, 2010 5:42 pm

You don't believe me? It really is hard to believe, I guess.
Ante Bellum

Postby Kaligraphic » Mon May 24, 2010 12:02 am

Cat prosthetic... yeah... that's for people who have extra money but skimped on the sense.

In any case, I think you should try to sell the kittens. Make a few bucks from them.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Sheenar » Mon May 24, 2010 12:16 pm

Are there any animal sanctuaries (not shelters) in your area? That is where my cat Cecil went. My cousin told me I could only take one of my two cats with me to the new apartment, so Cecil went the the local no-kill animal sanctuary. Do an Internet search for non-profit animal organizations in your area. Even if they can't take the cats themselves, they can often point you in the right direction/offer resources.

I would also strongly advise against any "free to good home" advertisements --they attract unsavory people such as brokers for laboratory animals --who will pose as loving pet owners--and sell the animals they obtain to laboratories. Also, people in general will usually take better care of something they paid money for (usually, but not always).

Avoid Petfinder.com --I posted an ad there for Cecil and only got responses from scam artists. Also use caution with Craigslist (though I know of people who have place animals successfully using it).

You can also try placing fliers in local feed stores/vet offices. That may get some response.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby PrincessZelda » Mon May 24, 2010 12:20 pm

Too many kittens = not possible.
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby wildpurplechild » Fri May 28, 2010 6:58 pm

Here's an idea I saw recently: Post kitten fliers around the local high schools.
Heads up, I don't go on this site much these days...
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Postby Mithrandir » Sat May 29, 2010 8:19 am

I've got it!

Approach a local store owner that has an issue with children walking around the store unattended. If you strike up a bargain with them, they can post a sign that says, "Unattended children will be given a free kitten," and post it above the box. Everybody wins!

Another option is to put up a sign that says, "Kittens! Juicy! Tender!" and wait for some very nice person to come and "rescue" them from you. It will then be *their* issue to get rid of the kittens. XD

How cynical are you feeling?
Mithrandir

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat May 29, 2010 12:26 pm

wildpurplechild wrote:Here's an idea I saw recently: Post kitten fliers around the local high schools.

A bit cruel, don't you think?

Even if you could get a marker to write on them, they couldn't hold very much information.
uc pseudonym

Postby Dante » Sat May 29, 2010 4:27 pm

Approach a local store owner that has an issue with children walking around the store unattended. If you strike up a bargain with them, they can post a sign that says, "Unattended children will be given a free kitten," and post it above the box. Everybody wins!

For some reason. This post is win.

EDIT: Also... about those kitten pictures? Here, I'll even trade, here are some picture of my- WAIT! I KNOW! I DECLARE A KITTEN WAR! Mwah ha ha ha! Avoid posting those pictures and Sally the cat will win this war for certain! Bwah ha ha ha!!!

Link:
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=55830
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Sheenar » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:53 am

Mithrandir (post: 1397375) wrote:I've got it!

One of the local vets has a sign that says, "Children left unattended will be given coffee and a free kitten."
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Wolf-man » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:04 am

Sheesh Nate! Why do you have so many cats? Well you have some fun and put a Gaia memory in them like Mikku.:grin:
Or you could just give them away. Whatever you like.
Wolf-man

Postby Ante Bellum » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:14 am

Pascal (post: 1397485) wrote:For some reason. This post is win.

EDIT: Also... about those kitten pictures? Here, I'll even trade, here are some picture of my- WAIT! I KNOW! I DECLARE A KITTEN WAR! Mwah ha ha ha! Avoid posting those pictures and Sally the cat will win this war for certain! Bwah ha ha ha!!!

Link:
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=55830

Ante is certain that Norbie and Ashes could also serve as a sort of kitty Switzerland, eh? Be lucky it's just between you two or Ante would give you a run for your money.
Ante Bellum

Postby wildpurplechild » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:36 am

Have you looked online or in local shelters or vets for muliple cat spay/neuter discounts?
I'm trying to deal with our cat populiton problem on my farm and I found out that it only costs $10 to fix farm cats at the local shelter. I know you don't have farm cats, but there is often a discount for multiple cats. Good luck!
Heads up, I don't go on this site much these days...
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Previous

Return to General