Biggest pet peeves

Talk about anything in here.

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:28 pm

My pet peeve is when people chomp their gum with their mouth open, so it gives an annoying sound.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby Ella Edric » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:43 pm

KeybladeWarrior (post: 1400917) wrote:My pet peeve is when people chomp their gum with their mouth open, so it gives an annoying sound.

Hate that so bad. xD
Ella Edric

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:14 pm

TGJesusfreak wrote:When people want you to do something and dont leave until they get what they want. I actually am kind of like this but have been trying not to be like this anymore XD.
So technically I'm my own peeve :/

Ditto about being like that myself. Sometimes I need to know when to shut up...

Also, I hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE with every fiber of my being (well maybe not quite that much) the phrase "Oh! I have a daughter..." as a sign of approval. There's this story my Dad would tell about a friend of his going into the army and doing supplies. It goes something like this:
(Dad's friend goes in to talk to the officer about enlisting)
Army Officer: What do you want to do in the Army, boy?
Dad's friend: I'd like to do supplies!
Officer looks surprised, and says: Oh! I have a daughter...

Naturally, this story cracks my Dad up, so I've heard it multiple times.

"Yes, I have a daughter but she's too helpless to pick a man out herself, and I like you, so why don't you just take her?"

[auctioneer voice]I have a daughter, nineteen, smart, cooks, let's start the bidding at 'Rich'. Do we have anybody rich here? Thank you sir, bidding starts at rich, have we got a millionaire? The man in the back bids millionaire, have we got a multimillionaire thank you sir we've got a multimillionaire have we got a billionaire the man with the hat's got a billion have we got a - now we've got a billionaire with all his teeth! Now we've got a billionaire with all his teeth and no bald spot now a tolerable-looking billionaire with brains! We've got a billionaire with brains I don't suppose we've got a - Oh we've got a tolerable-looking billionaire with brains and nice brown eyes! Do we have a higher bid? Going once -come on folks, she's a brunette- going twice - oh we've got a billionaire with brains, nice eyes and a sense of humor! Going once, going twice, SOLD! My daughter goes to the nice man with a billion, good looks, nice eyes, brains, and a sense of humor! ...Who happens to be 65. Thank you all for bidding!

I think I'll stop the real rant before it begins...
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Nate » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:50 pm

Fu wrote:"Yes, I have a daughter but she's too helpless to pick a man out herself, and I like you, so why don't you just take her?"

What's wrong with that? That's Biblical! Oh wait, except in the Bible it's "Why don't you just take her in exchange for ten sheeps and five goats?"

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:19 pm

Another peeve is when someone is so busy texting that they don't bother to watch where they are going.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:45 am

rocklobster (post: 1400082) wrote:Actually, given what I've heard is being taught in some public schools, I can't blame the parents for home-schooling. And that's all I want to say!

A few of my coworkers are my age. They went to highschool and I was homeschooled. We know about the same amount of stuff. Except they know more names of STDs and about 50 more terms for private parts.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Nate » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:08 pm

They're called STI's now, apparently.

Yeah I didn't know either. They're now "sexually transmitted infections" rather than diseases. Man I don't know, that's just what I heard.

Nate

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:14 pm

Which brings me to another of my pet peeves.

Political correctness.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Lilac#18 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:22 pm

[color="Plum"]When I'm telling someone something (not in a mean way) and he/she completely ignores me.[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby rocklobster » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:23 pm

When commercials are louder than the actual show. This is especially annoying on the net for me because our computer is in the living room so everyone can hear the ads because of this. And I get in trouble for something I can't fix! GRR! Why do they do this?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:04 pm

Nate (post: 1400987) wrote:What's wrong with that? That's Biblical! Oh wait, except in the Bible it's "Why don't you just take her in exchange for ten sheeps and five goats?"

Which book of the Bible? I don't remember finding that, though granted, I haven't read the whole thing...
I suppose if you've got a chronically dim daughter it would be a good idea, so she doesn't end up with some abusive guy (or it's not as likely, at least). But my Mom picked her own husband, and so did Mom's Mom. It's been the norm for a while now. (Granted, not for centuries, but...)
Come to think of it, my Dad's tried to convince me to see the merits of arranged marriages...

Another pet peeve of mine is my goats' ability to escape their pen. I've had them for more than a year now, and there was never a problem until this spring! One day, they got out and I had to put them back in 4 times! It's so frustrating, because usually they're fine, but when they decide to give me a hard time, they REALLY give me a hard time. I think I've fixed the problem now, though...

Also, my slow reading speed. When I enjoy a book, it takes me a long enough time to finish, but when it drags, it can drag for weeks. Naturally, all my reading siblings and my Mom read much faster than me. When a book drags for one of them, it drags for hours! IT'S SO AWFUL, ISN'T IT.

FllMtl Novelist

Postby Sheenar » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:05 pm

FllMtl Novelist (post: 1401200) wrote:
Another pet peeve of mine is my goats' ability to escape their pen. I've had them for more than a year now, and there was never a problem until this spring! One day, they got out and I had to put them back in 4 times! It's so frustrating, because usually they're fine, but when they decide to give me a hard time, they REALLY give me a hard time. I think I've fixed the problem now, though...

One of my profs raises goats for a hobby and talked to us about this same issue. He doesn't have it much now, but his goats got out pretty often at the beginning. He also talked about how traditional chainlink fencing doesn't work because the goats like to lean on it so it develops a bow to it.

Let's face it. Goats aren't like cattle. They're smart. Have you tried a different/more complex latching system on your gate?

One more of my pet peeves is when my cat steals my things. Just yesterday, my necklace was found in the middle of the living room floor. It was on top of my dresser in my bedroom. She also chews on the Kleenex coming out of the box, so it's all shredded-looking. Why does she go after my stuff when she has lots of toys herself?
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby ST. Attidude » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:09 am

TGJesusfreak (post: 1400874) wrote: Homeschooling also doesn't work if your parents lock you away from the world XD

I be fortunate then to have had meetings with fellow classmates from other homes XD

I guess another pet peeve of mine is when people who like to have the last word don't wanna hear your counter-insight on some issue...:/
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:37 pm

Sheenar (post: 1401226) wrote:Let's face it. Goats aren't like cattle. They're smart. Have you tried a different/more complex latching system on your gate?

They made holes in the actual fence. I'm pretty sure I've got the problem fixed now, though.

...I think I have now run out of pet peeves off the top of my head. That's good, right?

FllMtl Novelist

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:51 pm

OH I have another one.

When people say "I was mortified!" when they mean "I was terrified!" FYI, they were only mortified if they screamed like a girl or wet themselves in their fear. XDD

[Size="1"]Mortified means "embarrassed." XD[/size]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:31 am

I hate the word "ginormous." Absolutely hate it.

Also, when people spell "all right" as one word. It's two, darn it! TWO!
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:32 pm

Htom Sirveaux (post: 1401812) wrote:Also, when people spell "all right" as one word. It's two, darn it! TWO!

XD It's actually both, though all right is the more formal version. This reminds me, though, of people confusing everyday with every day, where there's actually a difference in the definition, depending on which way you spell it. XD I'm also reminded of alot and a lot, where the former is actually incorrect (and so annoying to see XD). XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:28 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:This reminds me, though, of people confusing everyday with every day, where there's actually a difference in the definition, depending on which way you spell it. XD I'm also reminded of alot and a lot, where the former is actually incorrect (and so annoying to see XD). XD

Oh yeah! And some people spell it "allot" which, like "everyday/every day" has a different meaning.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby firestorm » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:42 am

When you go in the chat when it only has one person and as soon as you get in they leave.

Everytime that happens I'm like "awww man" T_T
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Sheenar » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:37 am

When two people talk about someone else in another language RIGHT in front of them and laugh because they know that they don't understand the language enough to catch on. My Hispanic students did this all the time. It's not funny. It's rude to make fun of anyone. Period.

Also, being treated like a second-class citizen because of my disability. I am a human being. Yesterday, I went to Kroger and I was crossing the street to go into the store (walking in the crosswalk), when this car just kept going right in front of me. I motioned for the lady to please stop (she came within inches of hitting me) and she just put up her hand and kept going. Ugh. Thankfully, the store employees are always SO helpful and really do go out of their way to give me a hand. So it's usually just rude fellow consumers.
I miss having my service dog --I seemed to deal with less rude people then (and people usually assumed I was blind and opened the door more for me --many of the doors are heavy and hard to open, so this is truly helpful.) Less stigma associated with girl and dog vs. girl and walker. Unfortunately people are just plain hateful sometimes. All the stares and rude comments. All people are people and are deserving of respect. And it bothers me not only when I am not treated respectfully, but when I see people not treat others respectfully. If people actually followed one teaching of Jesus--the one in Matthew 7:12--then the world would be radically different. It just astonishes me sometimes the lack of love and harshness of the world and the bitterness of people.

Sorry for the mini-sermon. It just really gets to me to be treated that way. Continue on.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:47 am

Nate (post: 1401101) wrote:They're called STI's now, apparently.

Yeah I didn't know either. They're now "sexually transmitted infections" rather than diseases. Man I don't know, that's just what I heard.

That's the first time I've ever heard that. Are they making a difference between conditions that clear up after a while and ones that don't?
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Nate » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:18 am

I think a big reason they changed it is because they realized "Hey, someone might have herpes, but they don't show any signs of it, but they can still give it to someone else. So it isn't really a disease because it's not affecting the person, but they are infected."

Which makes enough sense I suppose.

Nate

Postby TGJesusfreak » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:05 pm

When people say "Oh the Calvary is coming!" When they actually meant Cavalry.
Calvary was where Jesus was crucified.
Cavalry is troops trained to fight on horseback (which is actually what they meant to say).
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby Atria35 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:33 pm

People who feel the irresistable urge to step outside during a thunderstorm. I mean, really? Is it so pretty and interesting that you must go out and put yourself at risk for a lightning strike?
Atria35

Postby Ante Bellum » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:41 pm

*raises hand*
I've stepped outside during a tornado warning...

Also, with the chat thing, I don't think they leave when you enter. I don't know what's up with it, but when that happens the person is usually long gone.
Ante Bellum

Postby Seto_Sora » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:20 pm

FllMtl Novelist (post: 1401200) wrote:Come to think of it, my Dad's tried to convince me to see the merits of arranged marriages...

What is wrong with arranged marriages? My betrothed and I like to think ours was arranged! ^_^

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Nate » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:57 pm

My friends and I went outside during a hurricane once.

It was pretty rad.

Nate

Postby Rusty Claymore » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:17 pm

When something perverse is labelled, "For mature audiences only." ...If the audience was mature they wouldn't be participating in such things. Just like "Adult language" is when a grown up can't control what's coming out of their mouth, or can't deal with situations without the addition of disturbing expletives.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby GeneD » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:57 am

People leaving the toilet lid up in my bathroom, when it was down when they got there.
When the bathroom door is closed when there's nobody inside.

Having lots of gift bags, but none that are the right size for the present.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby firestorm » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:02 am

Ante Bellum (post: 1403331) wrote:
Also, with the chat thing, I don't think they leave when you enter. I don't know what's up with it, but when that happens the person is usually long gone.

Ah so what is it like a glitch in the system? *goes looking for Mith* >OoO mith you there buddy? *turns the Mith signal on and shines it high in the skies of CAA*
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Previous Next

Return to General