Leaving CAA For A Bit? Coming Back? Post Here!

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Xeno » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:12 am

I know I took a rather large risk by revealing my change in faith on this site. I was aware that the result could be relatively catastrophic, and shockingly I received no PMs from anyone attacking me about my choosing to be an atheist. However, since I announced it in K. Ayato's thread I do have to say that I don't feel nearly as welcome on this site as I once did. It may be my own personal perception, it might be me wanting to be more open about opinions that I have that I'm not allowed to express due to site rules, or it could be legitimate unwelcomeness from some members towards people with my view of faith.

And I get it, this is the Christian Anime Alliance, not the Atheist Anime Alliance, or the Multi-Religious Anime Alliance, so really why should I be welcome here? I don't much care for anime in general, I only watch a handful of series, and now I don't adhere to Christianity, so there isn't anything here for me nor a reason for anyone here to want my opinion on any of these subjects. As Goldenspines pointed out, I can't give people advice on any faith related issues because I have no faith; I guess that invalidates the 14 years I spent as a Christian and I'll keep that in mind going forward, so the next time I'm involved in a conversation with someone having a crisis I'll keep silent.

A number of people over the last day have told me that they're my friend on here, and that's nice, but none of these people really know me aside from reading my posts on here. So while I appreciate the gesture, I'll have to say that no, we aren't friends; it takes a great deal to be my friend, and if the attitudes that I've seen exhibited by a number of users of this site, over a long period time, long before I made the decision to deconvert, were not hostile to non-believers or believers in other faiths then maybe I'd stick around to see if we could foster friendships, because a number of you who have never said anything bad or slighted me in any way whatsoever do seem like great young people…but this isn't the place for me anymore.

You may see me logged in occasionally from time to time lurking, but I will not be posting any longer.

So with that said, I wish you all well.

Xeno

Postby goldenspines » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:31 am

Just noting that I will not be online a lot for this weekend since I have an anime convention to staff. So if you have any RPGs to approve or any other pressing issues, please notify the nearest moderator! (I recommend Mech)

Please be kind to one another while I'm away! ^__^
goldenspines

Postby tronethiel7 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:12 pm

Xeno (post: 1599265) wrote:I know I took a rather large risk by revealing my change in faith on this site. I was aware that the result could be relatively catastrophic, and shockingly I received no PMs from anyone attacking me about my choosing to be an atheist. However, since I announced it in K. Ayato's thread I do have to say that I don't feel nearly as welcome on this site as I once did. It may be my own personal perception, it might be me wanting to be more open about opinions that I have that I'm not allowed to express due to site rules, or it could be legitimate unwelcomeness from some members towards people with my view of faith.

And I get it, this is the Christian Anime Alliance, not the Atheist Anime Alliance, or the Multi-Religious Anime Alliance, so really why should I be welcome here? I don't much care for anime in general, I only watch a handful of series, and now I don't adhere to Christianity, so there isn't anything here for me nor a reason for anyone here to want my opinion on any of these subjects. As Goldenspines pointed out, I can't give people advice on any faith related issues because I have no faith]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/XenoNoOni/2ccv4ac.gif[/img]

I think your antics and commentary will be missed. You definitely make me chuckle and challenge my thought process. You will be missed!
" And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.â€
tronethiel7

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:00 am

Hey everybody! So to everybody who read up on my posts about the issues I was having with my computer, I'm now officially back. Completely. :)

I know some of you all on here know about the issues we've been facing financially, which is why having one less computer in the house has been a real thorn in our side these past few months. Despite our financial situation, my mom was able to find an all-new, faster, and updated computer that was up for a very low cost for what it's worth (almost half price!). She'd also finally gotten her tax refund about a week before, so she could actually afford to buy it. So, it's as if God totally worked this out. :) It feels good to finally be back with you all!
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby AdriTan » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:06 pm

Xeno (post: 1599265) wrote:I know I took a rather large risk by revealing my change in faith on this site. I was aware that the result could be relatively catastrophic, and shockingly I received no PMs from anyone attacking me about my choosing to be an atheist. However, since I announced it in K. Ayato's thread I do have to say that I don't feel nearly as welcome on this site as I once did. It may be my own personal perception, it might be me wanting to be more open about opinions that I have that I'm not allowed to express due to site rules, or it could be legitimate unwelcomeness from some members towards people with my view of faith.

And I get it, this is the Christian Anime Alliance, not the Atheist Anime Alliance, or the Multi-Religious Anime Alliance, so really why should I be welcome here? I don't much care for anime in general, I only watch a handful of series, and now I don't adhere to Christianity, so there isn't anything here for me nor a reason for anyone here to want my opinion on any of these subjects. As Goldenspines pointed out, I can't give people advice on any faith related issues because I have no faith]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/XenoNoOni/2ccv4ac.gif[/img]

Xeno, I hope you know more then a few people will miss you on this site! Me included! I hope you enjoy stalking us... I mean lurking ;P
Love Momma Flower @}~~,~
AdriTan

Postby samurai10 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:32 pm

Aw, Xeno, that's too bad. You'll be missed. Your blunt honesty and sarcasm are things that, IMO, are needed around here.
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

"MOES! Sign up and sig down!"

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Postby Vilo159 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:48 pm

Farewell Xeno, you will be sorely missed. I wish you the best of luck in your journeys. May the wind be at your back, and your sword stay sharp!
Vilo159

Postby Crossfire » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:05 pm

Well, I'd be lying if I said I didn't see this coming. All the best to you, Xeno. I'll miss your posts for sure.
Crossfire

Postby samurai10 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:19 am

Welp, now it's my turn to leave.

I am super super super behind on school. And it's not getting any better. So I'll be leaving CAA, but I don't know for how long. Especially since I'm sincerely gonna try doing 10th grade in six months. (Heaven help me....)

I'll still post on the three RPs I'm in, but the GMs will have to poke me over email.

So... Farewell everyone.
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

"MOES! Sign up and sig down!"

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Postby Atria35 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:30 am

^ Good luck, Samurai! It'll be nose to the grindstone, but you can do it :D
Atria35

Postby SilverToast » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:45 am

I'll miss your posts Xeno. I always thought you gave nice sensible advice and had a good sense of humor. I'm sorry you felt less welcome here. I hope the best for you.
SilverToast

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:24 pm

Just a reminder for those on temporary break, make sure you have your email updated to one you currently use. You may have to reset your password when you return to the site!

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby goldenspines » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:07 pm

I have returned and such. o.o/
goldenspines

Postby K. Ayato » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:22 pm

Welcome back, goldy! :jump:
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Re: Leaving CAA For A Bit? Coming Back? Post Here!

Postby Xeno » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:31 pm

Not permanently back, just going to help out with finding bugs/glitches.
Xeno

Postby Atria35 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:50 pm

I have lots of holiday crafting and stuff to do, so I'll be on a lot more sporadically for... well, until after the New Year. Later!
Atria35

Postby GeneD » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:50 am

I'm leaving today on holiday in Europe and will be back around the 28th. May everyone have a wonderful Christmas.
GeneD

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:21 pm

Europe? Nice!

I'll be heading to America for the Christmas season. Between travel and holidays and wedding prep I don't think I'll have much time to post. Merry Christmas, everybody!
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby CrystalChalice » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:54 am

I'll be on holiday in Melbourne from this Saturday until the 4th. Just letting you guys know in case I can't be online then.
CrystalChalice

Postby Althaia » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:05 pm

hey guys guess who's back ^^
Althaia

Postby DaughterOfZion » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:43 pm

Welcome back. :D
DaughterOfZion

Postby Atria35 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:39 pm

Yeah, going on holiday starting tomorrow. And being online will not be a priority. Might be back around the first of the New Year.

Merry Christmas everybody!
Atria35

Postby impact777 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:56 am

Have nice holidays! (^_^)/
impact777

Postby Neane » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:58 am

I'll be gone until maybe January 25th (or longer), some major issues just happened in my best friend's life earlier this morning. So I will need to be away from the whole online stuff while I help him. It will take a while.

Bye!
Neane

Postby goldenspines » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:34 am

Hope everyone goes all right, Neane!
goldenspines

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:56 pm

Best of luck Neane.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Atria35 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:02 pm

Back officially! WOOOO! I'm so excited that I can have steady internet. I didn't have it for a few days, though I did check in once in a while.
Atria35

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:09 pm

Hey everybody, sorry that I sort've vanished for a little bit again. I'm still here, though. :)
mysngoeshere56

Postby Vilo159 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:45 pm

Well, I ended up vanishing for a long time when my school break started, so I haven't been around much, but I'm back now! Sorta!Q My activity wil probably still be sporadic for another week or so, but hopefully I'll be on more often after that. Good to be back, though!
Vilo159

Postby CrystalChalice » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:52 am

I'm back from Melbourne!
CrystalChalice

Previous Next

Return to General