Leaving CAA For A Bit? Coming Back? Post Here!

Talk about anything in here.

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:08 pm

Hey everybody, I'm sorry that I haven't been around much this past week or so. My computer has a virus that I can't seem to get rid of. I'm going to try to find my computer's Windows disc so I can reformat my whole hard drive and then get it back up to speed (I've already backed up what I want to keep). However, I'm not sure how long this will take, so I won't be on quite as much until it can happen.

I can still use my mom's computer and the laptop, but I don't have as much access to them and I usually only get on them when I need to submit an assignment for school. I'll still stop by when I can, though!
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Wolfsong » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:13 pm

I'm back! and extremely happy to be. I missed this place.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Sparx00 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:47 pm

Sparx was here.
You wish you could shred like me.
Sparx00

Postby TopazRaven » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:48 am

I love how I keep saying I'm back and then I disappear again. I'm so consistent. Anyway though, thank you again for the welcome back everyone!
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby armeck » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:33 pm

TopazRaven (post: 1593307) wrote:I love how I keep saying I'm back and then I disappear again. I'm so consistent. Anyway though, thank you again for the welcome back everyone!

you should stay here
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby TopazRaven » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:20 pm

I'm trying. xD I get distracted too often when I'm online it seems.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

TopazRaven

Postby armeck » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:09 am

when using the internet I almost never have less 4 tabs open. often times its 6 or 7.... all the multi tasking :p
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby TopazRaven » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:08 am

Multi-tasking has never been my strong suit I'm afraid. :XD:

TopazRaven

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:22 am

So... It's been a while. Hello, CAA.

I don't know how long I'll be around for or if I will even post anything, but I figured I'd stop by.
"Contract?"
A_Yellow_Dress

Postby ADXC » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:36 pm

*Edit* <_< Wrong thread
ADXC

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:35 pm

Hey everybody, so my computer is MOSTLY fixed now, but there are still a few things that need to be done before it's completely usable again. I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm still around. I miss everybody on here and I hope to be on more often again soon. :)
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:16 pm

Hi, guys.

Though the anime forum people will likely have noticed my unforetold absence during the last two months, the majority of the CAA population will likely not know me. That is fine; if you don't know me, then there's no obligation to continue reading this.

On September 19, my family and I moved to a larger city so that I could take a better job. It has been absolutely amazing: the city is a great place to live (so much for my kids to do) and the people I work with, in addition to the work itself, are fantastic. This is the sort of job that deserves all of my time, attention and energy. I give more of myself emotionally to my current job than my old one; I even find myself thinking a lot about it when I'm not actually working, which is something I have never experienced with a job before.

I was able to get back into anime and delve deeply into its history because my last job did not demand nearly as much of my time or energy. Even while I was at work, I had huge swaths of free time to watch animu. This is, unfortunately, no longer the case. Between work, family life, new friends and one out-of-commission PC, I have had little to no time for anime. This, of course, entails me having little to no time for anime-fan activities...like posting on CAA.

CAA has been out of my life, but it has not been forgotten. I wanted to post something in this thread because I feel that I owe as much to this community for all the good it has done me. In 2009, my first daughter was stillborn. This unexpected tragedy threw me (not to mention my marriage) into the most difficult period of my life. I was very broken inside, and it took me a long time to come to the place I currently am in (still healing, but very healthy), and CAA had something to do with that. Sure, it's just an internet forum, and, sure, nobody here directly guided me through my dark night of the soul. However, I do not think it is right to diminish the contribution to healing made by community, conversation and distracted enjoyment. CAA offered me all of these things. Plus, I made a few friends that I will keep in contact with even after CAA goes up in iSmoke.

So, thanks CAA. You were a big part of my life (and not just my internet life) for three years. Hopefully this is not goodbye forever; I will pop in when/if I can. I will check my MAL account when/if I can, as well. When I finish school next year (yup, still going to grad school on top of this demanding job), perhaps my newly free(er) weekends will push me back to anime and, in turn, this great forum. But, the upshot of all of this is that, for now, I will be an infrequent guest at best and gone, gone, gone at worst. I hope the former holds true.

Till then: lay your heart down, onto the sea of the stars.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Atria35 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:34 pm

It will be strange to not see you on the boards as often! Many good wishes for the future!
Atria35

Postby Makachop^^128 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:35 pm

I hope we see you soon!
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby Kaori » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:20 am

You'll be missed around here, but it's good to hear there are so many positive changes in your life and work. I wish you the best.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby metolosophy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:59 am

Back after two weeks. Simply put: I was in a car accident, but I'll be back on the site again.
Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise.
Better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

metolosophy

Postby Makachop^^128 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:21 pm

O-O are you okay now?
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

Makachop^^128

Postby sarahjoy78 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:38 pm

I'm going to be gone for a while, but I will be back soon everyone! :D
[SIZE="3"]If we gotta start somewhere why not here?
If we gotta start sometime why not now?[/SIZE]
sarahjoy78

Postby metolosophy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:39 pm

Makachop^^128 (post: 1596117) wrote:O-O are you okay now?

I broke a few bones and received a concussion with amnesia included, but I've recovered enough to go back to school and do normal stuff. :-^o^-:

metolosophy

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:45 pm

Good to have you back Meto. o_o/
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Makachop^^128 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:02 pm

metolosophy (post: 1596120) wrote:I broke a few bones and received a concussion with amnesia included, but I've recovered enough to go back to school and do normal stuff. :-^o^-:

O_O thats intense...I hope you get better!

Makachop^^128

Postby SilverToast » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:46 pm

Welcome back Meto! I hope you recover fully.
SilverToast

Postby Broly Ultimatrix » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:07 pm

Welcom back Meto, Imma bake you an imaginary Chocolate cake just how you like it hope things go better for you :)
/summon Alucard on those who need a hug
shinpaku alliance: Metolosophy, Ace33Wing, Diamond Dragon, Ally-Ann and Broly Ultimatrix
http://www.bronyland.com/pony-personality-test/?q=NDg2MHw1MTgwMzM
Broly Ultimatrix

Postby metolosophy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:59 pm

Grazie, everyone- I love you guys~! ^L^

metolosophy

Postby eightluvver888 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:47 pm

metolosophy (post: 1596120) wrote:I broke a few bones and received a concussion with amnesia included, but I've recovered enough to go back to school and do normal stuff. :-^o^-:

Oh man... I hope you recover fully soon, and welcome back!
[SIZE="3"][/SIZE][font="Garamond"]Oh no, he's already fallen off one building today!
[SIZE="1"]MAL[/SIZE][/font]
eightluvver888

Postby Nate » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:24 pm

metolosophy wrote:I broke a few bones and received a concussion with amnesia included

Note to self: get someone into a car wreck so they get amnesia and then make them think that I'm their long lost lover or relative and get into their will.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

I'm back :)

Postby Silent Seraph » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:15 pm

Hey guys I'm baaaacccck and happy to be back at that. :rock:
I made the decision to use my time for improving myself both spiritually and athletically a while back which is why I stopped visiting CAA for a time. Now that I've got a more free schedule, I feel its time to come aboard again.

See ya

SS
Life verse. Corinthians 9:27 [color="Cyan"]No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.[/color]

[color="Cyan"]If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident.
Hei (Darker Than Black)[/color]

God. Family. Athletics.

[color="Cyan"][font="Arial Black"]M.O.E.S.-[/font][/color]Safe from the Scroll

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="Lime"]}~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators and Administrators.
Silent Seraph

Postby sarahjoy78 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:33 pm

Silent Seraph (post: 1596579) wrote:Hey guys I'm baaaacccck and happy to be back at that. :rock:
I made the decision to use my time for improving myself both spiritually and athletically a while back which is why I stopped visiting CAA for a time. Now that I've got a more free schedule, I feel its time to come aboard again.

See ya

SS

Welcome back! :D
[SIZE="3"]If we gotta start somewhere why not here?
If we gotta start sometime why not now?[/SIZE]
sarahjoy78

Postby Makachop^^128 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:38 pm

Welcome back ^.^

Makachop^^128

Postby Neane » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:51 pm

I will be leaving for personal reasons. Hope to see you all before December 21 if the Lord wills.
Neane

Previous Next

Return to General