CAA art school - introduction discussion

Talk about anything in here.

Postby soul alive » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:32 am

That would be great, MyrrhLynn. Thanks.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Jingo Jaden » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:32 am

If anyone got any questions about my photoshop works *includeing the tutorial* then feel free to ask :)
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Photosoph » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:56 pm

I'll ask if I have any trouble with it. ^_^ Thanks!
Also, I'd love to see some more tutorials from you, Jaden; on how you do other cool effects like making armor and weapons which have a texture that really looks like metal. ^_^ As for me, I'll have to see if I can squeeze in some time between writing and various drawing projects to make another tutorial too. ;)
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby soul alive » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:06 pm

Alright - I volunteered myself for my cell-shading tutorial for April. Still need someone for the second April slot.

I'll be sending around PM's to see if anyone has tutorials in-process, or done, since many of you might not check this thread for updates, and I'd like to fill as much of the schedule in as possible.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby josh_manga » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:35 pm

Just following up on my question in the other forum.

Is someone planning a tutorial for coloring work with Photoshop? I figured out a way to easily (for me) color scanned images or work done with a stylus. It's not incredibly refined, but i think it may be a good basic technique to use. Just switching the scanned image to "multiply", making the white paper have no affect on the lower layers, while the black sketch lines are as dark as they can be, so they don't change as you color in under the sketched layer. Basically turns your sketch into a coloring book.

If you think this is useful, let me know when and how to post it and I will, I can provide plenty of examples too, or a step by step process.

God bless.
josh.
josh_manga

Postby soul alive » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:46 pm

Josh - that would be nice. Time-wise, the earliest open slot is the first week of June. If you know any other tricks to using Photoshop or for scanning drawings, that might be good, to give it a bit more length, but if you just want to do one on quick and easy lineart coloring, that would be fine too. Let me know.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby josh_manga » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:04 pm

I could maybe do a tutorial on using layers and the stylus for creating and perfecting rough sketches. That would be longer, but somwhat cumbersome, I've not done it often myself, and find that pensil and ink work better, except for the save and undo options that the computer has.

June, ok, that gives me some time to work up an outline, should I send the pictures and text to you?
josh_manga

Postby soul alive » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:03 pm

That would be fine - just PM them to me when you get them done. I'll mark your name down on the main list. I won't fill in a specific time slot until you know for sure you'll be done. Thanks.

--

I'm finishing up my tutorial and it should be up within a day or so.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby Jingo Jaden » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:48 am

Looking forward to it ^^
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby soul alive » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:34 pm

Alright! The cel-shading tutorial is up:
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=41729
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby Puguni » Sat May 05, 2007 9:28 am

Update links? Please? C:
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby soul alive » Sat May 05, 2007 12:23 pm

I'm sorry! School has pwn'd my free-time. I'll get the updates posted ASAP.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby soul alive » Mon May 07, 2007 3:13 am

Sorry for the double post.

I got the links updated on the first page.

Shao Feng-Li finished her tutorial on cloth folds - go check it out: http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=42271

I'm sorry that the second April session fell through, I didn't get a hold of White Raven in time, my fault. Hopefully, we'll be able to see her tutorial at another time, soon.

ChristianKitsune has also been so kind as to put up the tutorials over at the CAA deviantArt club:http://christiananime.deviantart.com
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby soul alive » Fri May 18, 2007 2:22 am

I really need some people for June and July tutorials! If your tutorial is done or close to being done, please let me know ASAP, so I can get slots fillet. Thanks!

(flees for triple posting)

:edit:
And Esoteric has the second May tutorial up, on backgrounds: http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=42519
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby Sammy Boy » Thu May 31, 2007 7:02 am

Hello, I intend to have my "Beginner's tutorial to drawing basic robots" done by early July, if not before.

I have around five sketches left to draw, trying to squeeze them out within two weeks as I need to scan in all the sketches, build the web pages and add the text.

My final is on the 21st of June though, so things are going to get dicey. :)
Sammy Boy

Postby soul alive » Thu May 31, 2007 9:46 am

That would be great, Magnus. Don't rush yourself if you have other commitments, though. We'll look forward to seeing your tutorial.

In other news:
MyrrhLynn will be doing a tutorial on wallpaper basics that will go up sometime this month.

Since I've been too busy this month to get a hold of everyone again, I'll just have MyrrhLynn's tut this month, and try to get back to doing two a month in July. Thanks!
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby soul alive » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:58 pm

Yup, ChristianKitsune's been putting them up. I'll try to get a hold of her to see if she could put some of the ones that haven't gotten up yet, up.

And, a bit ahead of schedule, but still well done, SnoringFrog has a tutorial for doing a water effect with GIMP: http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=43333
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:28 pm

I might have mine done by end of june...! I have learned some new things since my last tutorial so I am actually Redoing it ALMOST completely!...

I am making headway though.... I should have it done mid july at latest!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby soul alive » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:41 pm

That's great, let me know once you have a more solid completion date figured out.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby Sammy Boy » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:21 am

Hey everyone, here's the "beginner's guide to drawing mechs" tutorial I did for July:

http://wokjai.mybesthost.com/art_tutorial_drawing_mechs/drawing_mechs.html

(links to the individual tutorial pages at the bottom of the page)

Please note that I've left out the bits for drawing armor, accessories, and weapons due to time constraints from other commitments.

I may add them in some day when I find the time.

Any broken links or problems on those pages, please let me know.

Thanks. :)
Sammy Boy

Postby soul alive » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:50 pm

Awesome tutorial, Magnus. If you want, go ahead and post an individual thread in the Tutorials forum for more in-depth questions.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby Sammy Boy » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:40 am

I might do that when I make the pages more accessible by cross-linking them.

For now, the cheap front page will have to do. :)
Sammy Boy

Postby soul alive » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:41 am

Alrighty then!
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby MyrrhLynn » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:26 am

*bump* The first August session tutorial is up in the Tutorials section of the forum. It's about basic image selection (mostly for wallpaper designers). Let me know if you have any questions!

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=44116

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby firestorm » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:13 pm

I know this is a dead thread and all but it is very useful tool for those looking to get into drawing and manga so I was wondering if any of you wonderful moderators can sticky this so others won't have to go search for it like I did.

Also i would love to donate my time to add a tutorial up once I'm a bit better at coloring in photoshop. Am tempted to show how to color using illustrator but my skills with the gradient mesh tool aren't as up to par as I hope to be when I actually start working on it.
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Previous

Return to General