Watcha doin' for Halloween?

Talk about anything in here.

Watcha doin' for Halloween?

Postby Nekomimi » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:42 am

I'll be at my church group's Murder Mystery party on Saturday nite, & maybe doing the Waikiki jaunt w/ my anime group Sunday nite.

How about you?
Nekomimi

Postby Nate » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:41 am

The same thing I do every night.

Sit in my room on the computer.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Atria35 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:18 am

A Murder Mystery party? That sounds awesome! XD

My friend's sister moved herself and her son (my friend's nephew) back south on short notice without informing my friend, so because she already spent money she can't really afford on costume pieces, next week she and I are going costume shopping for me and we will be going trick-or-treating together- even if we are college students!
Atria35

Postby TWWK » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:25 am

Our church has a fall festival thingy for the neighborhood - I'm taking my toddler boy (Peter Pan) and baby girl (Tinkerbell)! Then giving away candy. :P
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby Yuki-Anne » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:45 am

I don't believe in celebrating the demonic spirits.

Kidding. But I'm still not doing anything, because I don't have anybody to do it with. :/
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Ante Bellum » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:06 am

Dressing up for school the Friday before and...nothing. Maybe video games. Or working on projects.
Ante Bellum

Postby Nami » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:16 am

My sister and I are spookin' out our house, giving away candy and dressing up (I need my pirate shirt!!)
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby armeck » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:20 am

i was gonna dress up punk, but since halloween is on sunday i don't think i'll be doing anything
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:23 am

Going to church and ignoring trick-or-treaters and Halloween altogether.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:17 am

Going to a dance party and then an after-party after that! Wootwoot. :D :D
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Edward » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:57 am

My church thinks Halloween is un-Christian, so we have a hayride and outdoor cookout thing. I was thinking of going as the Red Death (the one from Poe's short story, not the Phantom of the Opera one) for my Boy Scout troop's Halloween party.
Edward

Postby Okami » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:16 am

Well, the Thursday and Friday beforehand I have two major midterms, so chances are I'll just be taking the weekend to chill out and hang around and do nothing.
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:22 am

I'm going to do the same thing that I do every night, try to take over the world!

And watch the Walking Dead on AMC as well.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Rusty Claymore » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:10 am

I'll be riggin my driveway with tra- ... uh, I mean, sitting their with a bool of candy in case anyone comes by... yeah...
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:16 am

I'll probably be doing jack diddly AGAIN this year...*sigh* I love Halloween but I just never get a chance to do anything. Maybe I'll just put on some weird makeup, eat some candy, watch scary movies, and call it a night.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Lynna » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:12 pm

I'm going to dress up as a Ninja XD My mom also suggested I stop by a local Japanese family and say Konbanwa... They'll probably laugh at my lame costume-making skills though
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Nate » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:15 pm

Out of curiosity, what's everyone's laws on trick or treating? I was super bummed as a kid because where I live, you're not allowed to trick or treat if you're 13 and up. :\

Nate

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:18 pm

I don't know if there are any age restriction laws here or not. Nevertheless, I think it's stupid.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Cloud500 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:42 pm

I didn't know there were age restrictions for trick or treating. I was 17 the last time I went trick or treating and no one turned me away. I was probably asked, "Aren't you a little old for this?" or something like that, though. But that was it.
Cloud500

Postby bigsleepj » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:42 pm

Deconstruct James Joyce. The horror. The horror.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Cognitive Gear » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:53 pm

On Friday I will be going to some sort of party, and then on the actual day I will be watching The Walking Dead.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Atria35 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:32 pm

Nate (post: 1432576) wrote:Out of curiosity, what's everyone's laws on trick or treating? I was super bummed as a kid because where I live, you're not allowed to trick or treat if you're 13 and up. :\

Really?! Wow. I don't know since I moved to a new town this August. I'll have to look them up.
Atria35

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:00 pm

I'll probably stay home and pass out candy.. Keep some for myself too if we don't get them all passed out (lol) :3
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Blacklight » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:11 pm

My Youth Group pastor talked about the group going to a haunted house that someone (who hasn't shown up for about a month, because he was helping build the haunted house) was going to be in for Halloween, so we could try and find him and ambush him if possible.

I don't know if it'll happen.

If not, I'll do something else.
[color="Blue"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color]
[font="Book Antiqua"][color="DeepSkyBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color][/font]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[color="Pink"]chatbot 03:36 - Blacklight asks, are you sane?
My answer: It's hard to say, really.[/color]
Blacklight

Postby Beau Soir » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:50 pm

Well, it's my best friend's birthday, but even she doesn't know what we're doing yet... but something awesome, I hope! Probably hanging out at her house or going out to eat, because I don't like Halloween...

And then I'm coming home so I can start writing at 12 AM for NaNoWriMo. :D <3

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
--James Arthur Baldwin

Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

(Proverbs 31:30)

Beau Soir

Postby Dante » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:56 pm

" wrote:Out of curiosity, what's everyone's laws on trick or treating? I was super bummed as a kid because where I live, you're not allowed to trick or treat if you're 13 and up. :\

You sir, live in a state with very very bored senators... bored and evil senators. This is proof that young people should be allowed to vote. Alternatively, these senators should be forced to sit in a room full of bored 13 year olds who want to go trick or treating.

But I mean, what are they going to do if they catch you? Is it a misdemeanor? How do they even enforce it on HOLLOWEEN? That would almost be worth getting arrested for, just to write down as an icebreaker on future job applications. "Yes, I have a criminal record. I was arrested for trick or treating at 13 years of age, in violation of state law. However, I was released on early parole, as I agreed to give the police officer all of my candy."

Actually, I haven't celebrated Halloween in a long time. I've somehow become less conservative in my values over the years however and figure I might spend time enjoying it this year (In years past I thought it was an evil - now I realize that like every other holiday, it's just an agricultural festival). I doubt I'll go trick or treating, but I might see if something fun is happening for younger people my age (do I even still qualify as a "young person"? T_T)
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Nate » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:24 pm

Pascal wrote:However, I was released on early parole, as I agreed to give the police officer all of my candy."

Pfffffffffffffft oh man I think you figured it out.

They go out and catch kids too old to be trick or treating and then they're like "This is a crime you know...but I'll let you off the hook if you give me all the candy you've gotten."

BAM, free candy!
it's my best friend's birthday

She was born on Halloween? That's AWESOME! I wonder if she could have gotten extra candy if she'd said it was her birthday when she went trick or treating...

Nate

Postby Gala » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:31 pm

I'm dressing my daughter up (it's her first halloween) and taking her to a local church for their halloween/fall fest
Always find time in your day to rejoice for something the Lord has done for you... even if it is just the miracle of getting up every morning.
Gala

Postby Tamachan319 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:35 pm

I'll be going trick-or-treating with some friends after a music clinic. I don't know what I'll be yet... We would probably not be doing this (being probably too old for this XD), but a good number of my friends have never been trick-or-treating.
In my area, you actually have to tell a joke to get candy. You can't just walk up and ask for candy. "Trick-or-treat!" + joke= candy!
So I have to think up a costume and a joke.
[font="Comic Sans MS"]"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me."
-C. S. Lewis[/font]
"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."
According to EllaEdric, my real name is.... "TAMAMAMAMAAMMAAM".

[font="Courier New"]
I love my flute![/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tamachan319

Location: Someplace, somewhere. I'm specific about these things, you see.

Postby Nate » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:48 pm

Tamachan319 wrote:So I have to think up a costume and a joke.

Costume: white sheet, cut out eyeholes. GHOST!

Joke: What's my favorite fruit? BOO-BERRY!

There you go. Joke and costume, very little effort, lots of candy. This is the way!

Nate

Next

Return to General