Currently:
Cannon rebel xt with a sigma 28-300 mm lens

also with a promastah digi flash...

and mah film camera,
a nikon N55 with body lens (28-80 mm)
and 2 holga cameras
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Red"]its[/color] [color="Lime"]cuz[/color] [color="Yellow"]i[/color]
[color="Yellow"] love [/color][color="Magenta"]you[/color][color="Red"] that[/color][color="Cyan"]i[/color]
[color="Yellow"]follow[/color] [color="Lime"]you[/color]
O o
/¯________________________
| I'MA FIRIN' MAH LAZOR!!! BLAAAAGH!!!
\_¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
nicktk1

Postby bakura_fan » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:34 am

I just got (like last week) a Kodak Easy share M10...something. it's the 10 megapixel HD camera. My parents bought it as a combined early b-day gift for my husband and I.
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:38 am

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]I currently use a Canon Powershot A470 in blue. It takes beautiful pictures!

Here's a picture of it--please ignore the nut in the purple shirt behind it. I don't know how he got there: http://khakibluesocks.deviantart.com/art/Me-Y-Halo-Thar-116764227[/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby PrincessZelda » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:14 pm

As of right now, I have a Canon Powershot SD630

Not my ideal camera, but it's a really nice point and click camera. It takes pretty good pictures for what it is.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c161/Psychokitty27/Picture156-1.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c161/Psychokitty27/Love.jpg

I borrowed a camera from my school last semester, and now I'm like "I need a better camera... D:" and forget that the one I have actually works fairly well XD

I really would like a Canon Rebel, though.
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:31 pm

Canon PowerShot A590 IS. No special lenses or anything. I'm learning how to use the manual mode so I can take better shots. :B
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Benn » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:09 pm

Canon EOS 40D
Canon PowerShot G9
Olympus 1030SW
Canon Rebel (film version)
Brownie
Holga

I was a photo major in college XD
Benn

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:17 pm

What I use now, since I've gone all digital.

Canon EOS 40D digital SLR
Canon EOS 20D digital SLR
Sigma 28-300mm F3.5-6.3 DG Macro lens
Sigma APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG macro HSM lens
Tamron AF17-50mm F/2.8 Di-II LD Aspherical lens
Canon PowerShot A590 (I only use this for anime cons or small events, that I don't bring my good cameras)

What I still have but don't use are two Minolta Maxxum XTsi's cameras with two Tamrom 28-70mm lens.

PrincessZelda wrote:I really would like a Canon Rebel, though.

There is no better time, then now to get one. Its just been reported a few days ago that Canon will put out a new Digital Rebel, it will be name Canon EOS 500D : AKA Digital Rebel T1i.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby ilikegir33 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:13 pm

I use a Canon Powershot A590, but I really want a Nikon D40 if I get the chance. I assume camcorders count, so in addition: I've got an old Sony Hi-8 Handycam and a Panasonic VDR-D50, as well as a Canon GL2 for special purposes.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:43 pm

I want to throw this out there for people that maybe looking at the Nikon D40, D60 and D80 and nothing wrong with them or anything. Just a little unknown fact.

You may want to look into Sony cameras as well. Just about all of the Nikon digital cameras that had the CCD and CMOS sensor chip were made by Sony. Only the Nikon pro digital cameras and the D700 sensor wasn't made by Sony.

I think Nikon is moving away from having Sony make their sensor chips. From the looks of it, since Nikon is moving away from the CCD chip and going with the CMOS chip, Nikon maybe building their sensors like Canon makes theirs own sensors now.

Back a few years ago, Sony was known for making very good sensors, but kind of sorry camera bodies until they bought out Konica Minolta, so they would use their camera bodies as a blue print. Since that time, they have been putting out digital cameras that they have got very good reviews like Nikon and Canon digital cameras get.

Just remember to get a good lens for your camera. You can have the best camera in the world and if you don't have a good len or lens, its not going to do you much good.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color] [/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:55 pm

Kodak Easy Share 4 mega pixel thing... A bit old now. I dunno anything about cameras.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:03 pm

Roy Mustang (post: 1301397) wrote:What I use now, since I've gone all digital.

Canon EOS 20D digital SLR
Sigma 28-300mm F3.5-6.3 DG Macro len
Sigma APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG macro HSM len
Tamron AF17-50mm F/2.8 Di-II LD Aspherical len
Canon PowerShot A590 (I only use this for anime cons or small events, that I don't bring my good cameras)[/color][/font]

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]Roy is to cameras like Kino (From "Kino's Journey") is to knives. :lol: I'm a nerd...

Anyway, I forgot to mention, I have a Pentax K1000 SLR Camera that I really need to practice with--especially with Shutter Speed. I just need to get more film for it. I also have 2 Polaroid cameras with no film that I haven't used for years--crying shame Polaroid is going out of business, from what I heard...so much for Instant Gratification...
[/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby soul alive » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:00 am

My current camera is a Canon Powershot S3IS.
I have a love-hate relationship with it... it has fantastic zoom, but the photos are super grainy for as high as the megapixels are. My old little Fujifilm took much higher quality pictures, and at a lower megapixel count. *sigh* ah well, it works fine for now.
Humorously enough, I bought it in Finland (because I broke my Fujifilm, and absolutely had to have a new camera for my school trip) and it has Swedish as the secondary language.

I also have a seriously old-school Vivitar SLR that I adore, but is gathering dust because the winding mechanism keeps crapping out.

Oh, and M-mode is love, conquer it Shiroi, it's more than worth it.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:37 am

Hmm, I have mix feelings about the M mode.

Where you have control of the aperture and shutter speed, you don't have control over the exposure bracketing. It will set itself, by what you have set as your aperture and shutter speed. I like to have control of my exposure all the times.

I don't know on a the point and shoot cameras, but if I use mine, I have to point and hold the button down a few times for it to give me the exposure that I want, which is not good for the kind of photography that I do. I have to set fast and be ready.

I end up using the TV and AV modes,

TV mode is the shutter speed that you can control as well as the exposure and the camera will set the aperture/F stop for you.

AV mode is the aperture/F stop that you can control as well as the exposure and the camera will set the shutter speed for you.

I use those two, but mostly the shutter speed mode. I will use the aperture mode, when I'm shooting like an open field or say I want a few buildings in the background to show up very well.

I only use M mode for night time stuff and set it to Bulb mode, and set my aperture/F stop. Which is the only reason why I use and love the M mode for that reason.

Roy Mustang

Postby soul alive » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:35 pm

huh. Just goes to show that I really ought to mess around with learning more settings... :D

Either way, learning how to use your camera to the full extent of it's abilities is never a bad plan.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:06 pm

Isn't ISO kind of like exposure?
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:20 pm

ISO is actually film rating carried over to digital from film photography. In film it's generally a measure of general sensitivity to light. Higher is typically more sensitive to light, but will feature more grain due the the function of the chemicals in the film. In digital cameras it seems to be a setting for the CMOS or whatever image capture sensor is in the camera, determining how sensitive it is to light. In higher end cameras this also tends to manifest graininess and in lower end digital cameras, more artifacts in the image.

I use a Sony DSC P-150 at the moment. It's still doing it's job pretty well.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:40 pm

Right.

When I have seen people use the M mode, they will bump up the ISO anywhere to ISO 800, to make the exposure bracketing set a EV 0, which is the middle. It works, but you will end up with more grain. That is one way to balance the exposure bracketing, but not the best way.

The only other way to have the exposure bracketing set close to 0 and this maybe only for non point and shoot cameras is to hold the shutter button down half way and look where the exposure bracketing is and then let go of it and hold it down again. It will reset itself sometimes lower or higher.

But this is why I don't like the fact that you can't control the exposure bracketing, because there are times that you may need bump it up, when you have low light or bump it down, when you have too much light.

Most of the time, I keep my ISO at 100 or 200. But if it a very cloudy and I don't have a lot of light, I will bump it up to ISO 400 but no more then that.

The good thing about the Canon 40D is, they have an ISO setting of 100, 125, 160, 200, 250, 320, 400 and on up to 800 and 1600.

I keep mine from anywhere from ISO 100 to ISO 400.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang [/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:51 pm

I really wish I had ISO 1600 on my camera... I've missed a lot of cool pictures because I was in an indoor location and couldn't get a fast enough shutter speed for the f-stop I was at to keep a clean picture or capture the action that was going on.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby nicktk1 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:03 pm

Roy Mustang (post: 1301397) wrote:What I use now, since I've gone all digital.

Canon EOS 20D digital SL

GEEZE SLR MUCH lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Yellow"] love [/color][color="Magenta"]you[/color][color="Red"] that[/color][color="Cyan"]i[/color]
O o
nicktk1

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:17 pm

I plan on getting another Canon EOS 40D sometime this year.

I just don't like to have one camera and have to change lens for it.

So, I get one for each lens.

I don't use the Sigma 28-300mm lens that much anymore anyway. I plan on selling it, with my 20D anyway.

Roy Mustang

Postby nicktk1 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:53 pm

i wanna get a nikon d90
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
O o
nicktk1

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:59 pm

If I didn't have the Canon Lens already, I would love to have the Nikon D700.

But I just wait and see what comes out next as the next full frame DSLR and go from there.

Roy Mustang

Postby Benn » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:12 pm

Roy Mustang (post: 1301711) wrote:If I didn't have the Canon Lens already, I would love to have the Nikon D700.

But I just wait and see what comes out next as a full frame DSLR and go from there.

5D Mark II FTW.. there's some amazing stuff being made with it.

sadly there was a rumor that last week there'd be a dslr announced to bridge the gap between the 5D MarkII and the 50D... but it turned out to be just a rumor and Canon announced the T1i. Such a let down. :(
Benn

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:25 pm

Benn wrote:5D Mark II FTW.. there's some amazing stuff being made with it.

sadly there was a rumor that last week there'd be a dslr announced to bridge the gap between the 5D MarkII and the 50D... but it turned out to be just a rumor and Canon announced the T1i. Such a let down. :(

What I meant was the next new full frame camera. At one point, I look at the 5D and then waited to see what the 5D MarkII and its not the camera for me. One of the biggest thing that I didn't like about the 5D MarkII was the 3.9 frames per sec, when the 40D is 6.5 frames per sec.

So, I went with the 40D for now. Seeing and reading about the D700, it makes the 5D MarkII a let down.

[color="Red"][font="Book Antiqua"]Col. Roy Mustang [/font][/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby Warrior4Christ » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:20 am

Roy Mustang (post: 1301674) wrote:Right.

When I have seen people use the M mode, they will bump up the ISO anywhere to ISO 800, to make the exposure bracketing set a EV 0, which is the middle. It works, but you will end up with more grain. That is one way to balance the exposure bracketing, but not the best way.

The only other way to have the exposure bracketing set close to 0 and this maybe only for non point and shoot cameras is to hold the shutter button down half way and look where the exposure bracketing is and then let go of it and hold it down again. It will reset itself sometimes lower or higher.

But this is why I don't like the fact that you can't control the exposure bracketing, because there are times that you may need bump it up, when you have low light or bump it down, when you have too much light.

Most of the time, I keep my ISO at 100 or 200. But if it a very cloudy and I don't have a lot of light, I will bump it up to ISO 400 but no more then that.

The good thing about the Canon 40D is, they have an ISO setting of 100, 125, 160, 200, 250, 320, 400 and on up to 800 and 1600.

I keep mine from anywhere from ISO 100 to ISO 400.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang [/color][/font]

My first and only digital camera is a Nikon D60 with 18-55mm and 55-200mm (both VR, standard kit lenses).

For night photos and indoor, I can't limit myself to just ISO 400... I don't like going to ISO 1600 because of the graininess, but I just have to. I'm hopefully getting a 35mm f/1.8 lens soon, which should help with that. :D
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:35 pm

Warrior4Christ wrote:For night photos and indoor, I can't limit myself to just ISO 400... I don't like going to ISO 1600 because of the graininess, but I just have to. I'm hopefully getting a 35mm f/1.8 lens soon, which should help with that. :D

What settings are you using for night photos and are you using a tripod?

[font="Book Antiqua"][font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Warrior4Christ » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:22 am

Roy Mustang (post: 1302454) wrote:What settings are you using for night photos and are you using a tripod?

[font="Book Antiqua"][font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font][/font]

I use aperture priority with the largest aperture. I only occasionally use a tripod, and if I do, I usually use ISO 400 or less.
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby nicktk1 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:13 am

Warrior4Christ (post: 1302525) wrote:I use aperture priority with the largest aperture. I only occasionally use a tripod, and if I do, I usually use ISO 400 or less.

did u try and use time priority?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
O o
nicktk1

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:43 am

Warrior4Christ wrote:I use aperture priority with the largest aperture. I only occasionally use a tripod, and if I do, I usually use ISO 400 or less.

Okay, now I know why you have to use a higher ISO for night photos.

Even if you get a lens that is a f/1.8 or f2.8, this will not do much for change the ISO for night photos. Indoor stuff, it will, but you are going to need a tripod for night photos.

The aperture priority mode does work well with night time shots. I have switch between it and bulb mode, but mostly bulb mode. So your fine there if you want to keep using the aperture priority.

Another rule for night time photography is,

If you are in an area with a lot of light around you or in the picture, you shouldn't set your aperture no higher then F/8.

If you are around an area that has very little light around you, you should have it set at F/4 or F/5.6.

If you get a tripod, then you will be fine to set the ISO at 200. All the night time photos that I have posted were taken at ISO 100 and it was with the Sigma 28-300mm F3.5-6.3 lens and its not built for low night. I haven't had the Tamron AF17-50mm F/2.8 lens that long, but I don't see too much of a change, other then things do look clear into night time photos then what the Sigma lens had.

Roy Mustang

Postby nicktk1 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:10 pm

Can i see some of your photos? i attached some of mine
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
O o
nicktk1

Next

Return to General