1000 posts in a month? Over ambitious much?

Talk about anything in here.

1000 posts in a month? Over ambitious much?

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:38 pm

technically its not 1000, more like 642. But I've been wanting to break 1000 posts for a while. Considering how long I've been here, its a big embarassing. I know, I'm not the most active member, but I want to change that. I do like this site and the members (that I know), so I'd like to be more active. My problem is, I usually just browse the forums and don't post anything.

Maybe this should be in goof off instead of General? Oh well, wish me luck! And if I can't get it in a month, I'm going for it in two months!!
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby animewarrior » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:45 pm

Wishing you luck but also think this goal is a bit unnattainable...
but then again I have MORE posts in the Goof Off then I do in the rest of the site so....
what do I know? O_o *shrugs*
GOOD LUCK!!!
~ The fainter the heartbeat the stronger the soul~

*They're just an incomplete group of people wishing to be whole; and to that end, they're desperately searching for something.* - Namine (Kingdom Hearts 2)
animewarrior

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:51 pm

You're right, I probably won't be able to make it, but if I'm not trying, then theres no way my post count will increase in any significant amount of time! So, try I must, and fail I will, but at least I tried! :)

And thanks!
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby RobinSena » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:03 pm

Just make sure that your posts have enough substance. :P
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:27 pm

Already have that planned... The posts may be short, but they will stay on topic if I'm merely posting to agree with someone else's comment!! Don't want to annoy anyone here, after all. ;)

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Kkun » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:33 pm

Come to Jam Session and make a thread saying something inflammatory.

You will both build your post count quickly and also be defending yourself for the next two months.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:03 pm

Kkun (post: 1287771) wrote:Come to Jam Session and make a thread saying something inflammatory.

You will both build your post count quickly and also be defending yourself for the next two months.

Yes, like this:

"I think Saves the Day is the worst band ever."

Try it sometime!

[SIZE="1"]Note: I do not think Saves the Day is the worst band ever, nor do I condone the act of stating something inflammatory just for the sake of setting Jamie off on a tirade (sorry Jamie LOLOL). XD Please post responsibly and remember that none of your posts count in Goof Off. XD[/SIZE]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:42 pm

Kkun (post: 1287771) wrote:Come to Jam Session and make a thread saying something inflammatory.

XD

Rest assured, RD, I'd never post anything like that! I plan to be responsible and I'm not setting out to make anyone mad or annoy them. I just want to up my post count as much as I can within this next month (or two).

And yes, I am sorely aware that goof off doesn't count, otherwise I'd already have at least 1000 posts. XD

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:00 pm

"Overambitious"? Not really. Is a post count on an Internet forum terribly ambitious?

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Kaligraphic » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:23 pm

1000 posts isn't hard, but I'm still working on breaking 10 good posts. That's the hard one.

:P
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:41 pm

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1287777) wrote:"Overambitious"? Not really. Is a post count on an Internet forum terribly ambitious?

.rai//

XD I suppose not, but considering how many posts I have to make in such a short time and how little/infrequently I've posted in the past... maybe.

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Destroyer2000 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:48 pm

Well, a month is roughly thirty days, right? So 1000/30 =33.3 posts per day.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:07 pm

You make it sound so easy... I don't know how many posts I've made tonight, but I dunno if I could do 33 a day. XD Anyway, since its kinda in the middle of the month, I have until March 10th (otherwise it wouldn't be a whole month). So well see what happens.

Post 370

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Destroyer2000 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:12 pm

Well, you want to BREAK 1000, not make it. Therefore, 1000 - 370 = 630. 630/30 = 21 posts per day.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby Kkun » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1287774) wrote:Yes, like this:

"I think Saves the Day is the worst band ever."

Try it sometime!

[SIZE="1"]Note: I do not think Saves the Day is the worst band ever, nor do I condone the act of stating something inflammatory just for the sake of setting Jamie off on a tirade (sorry Jamie LOLOL). XD Please post responsibly and remember that none of your posts count in Goof Off. XD[/SIZE]

That is FAR from inflammatory. F--.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Peanut » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:26 pm

I know the feeling...what makes it worse is that I technically should have over 1000 posts if Goof Off and Of Nations counted towards post count...meh, I'll get it eventually...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:31 pm

Destroyer2000 (post: 1287812) wrote:Well, you want to BREAK 1000, not make it. Therefore, 1000 - 370 = 630. 630/30 = 21 posts per day.

21 sounds do-able, right? I mean, I've posted about 20 posts tonight, so @_@ ugh...

I will achieve success!!! At least I'm trying? XD

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:38 pm

Yay, you're on your way to bump up your post count \o.o/ I wasn't really able to bump up my post count until I got my own computer ^^ After that, it was pretty easy :) I even forgot to pay attention to when I hit 1000, 2000, and 3000 XDDD; I was like,"Ooh, I hit 3,000.. but where :o?" :lol:
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby F.M Disciple » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:48 am

I'm trying to do something similar, it's way smaller than your goal.
I'm just trying to up my post count to 100.

What you'll have to do sometimes to make the post count is start new threads. I mean the forums have only so many threads. Coming up with a topic for a thread could be more difficult than making a realivent post.

But It can be done. I wish you success in your endeavour. :thumb:

And pardon the pun. "Keep me posted."
"Its very possible that I could give everything and obtain nothing, But still I have to try."
-Edward Elric.

"If to be feelingly alive to the sufferings of my fellow-creatures is to be a fanatic, I am one of the most incurable fanatics ever permitted to be at large."
-William Wilberforce.
F.M Disciple

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:03 am

Heh, good luck with that.

My posts per have has actually dropped. Also, I am not posting just for the sake of getting to 5000 posts.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby LadyRushia » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:13 am

I want to get over 9,000 posts someday.

I was pretty happy when I broke 1,000, but I didn't announce it or anything, XD. Anyway, good luck with you post count!
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:14 am

I guess it could sound like the only reason I'm posting is to up my count... well, where as I do want to do so, I really just want to post on this forum more and be more active. This is a way of doings so, so no random stuff (unelss its in goof off, which doesn't count).

That only makes my goal harder... thanks guys. 376!

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:20 am

I'm not sure how long it took me to break 1,000 once I became more active :-? I didn't even notice until I was a couple few post in anyways ^__^;

Hmmm, what are some of the things your into :)? Those might make for good thread starters :)
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Lochaber Axe » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:39 am

Beh... you whippersnappers and you're 1,000+ posts. In my day we're happy if we got a good 200 in 10 years... uphill, downhill, and across the county line! Ifn' I had a mind for it... deh... what was I sayin' again?

GET OFF MY LAWN OR'N I'LL GET MY SHOTGUN!
Lochaber Axe

Postby That Dude » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:33 pm

Just remember Fantasy Dreamer, the Goof Off thread doesn't count.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:20 pm

Tsukuyomi (post: 1287920) wrote:I'm not sure how long it took me to break 1,000 once I became more active :-? I didn't even notice until I was a couple few post in anyways ^__^]

Yeah, good idea. I'll probably have to result in making my own threads if I even hope to accomplish it. The hard part is, starting a topic that others will converse about for a while.

Lochaber Axe (post: 1287929) wrote:Beh... you whippersnappers and you're 1,000+ posts. In my day we're happy if we got a good 200 in 10 years... uphill, downhill, and across the county line! Ifn' I had a mind for it... deh... what was I sayin' again?

GET OFF MY LAWN OR'N I'LL GET MY SHOTGUN!

XD rofl

That Dude (post: 1287944) wrote:Just remember Fantasy Dreamer, the Goof Off thread doesn't count.

Yes, thanks. I've already been warned of this, and I already knew! Thanks anyway. I'm sorely aware that goof off doesn't count (its the reason my post count isn't higher XD )

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby ich1990 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:52 pm

Kaligraphic (post: 1287782) wrote:1000 posts isn't hard, but I'm still working on breaking 10 good posts. That's the hard one.

:P

Agreed.

If you want to boost your post count, I recommend the "What are you listening to now?" thread. It currently has over 609 pages of nearly discussion free posts.

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?p=1287977#post1287977

Also, don't forget to stop by the "Birthdays!" thread and offer whoever happens to be currently having a birthday [s]condolences[/s] congratulations. That way, you can win friends, influence people, and increase your post count, all at the same time.

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=1777&page=246

Finally, greeting the new members over at the "Who's Who" section of the forums is a great way to earn a few posts while contributing to the overall friendliness of the site. Just make sure to use different greetings every once in a while.

http://www.christiananime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Grave digging also works well.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:49 pm

ich1990 (post: 1287993) wrote:Grave digging also works well.

This is false. Do not grave dig. If we catch you grave digging we will send Steve to your house to eat your children and pets.

Seriously though don't grave dig. 8( We don't like it.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:10 pm

I had the same ambition myself when I first joined....

Goof Off is a good place....also check on Prayer Requests (cuz you help more than just yourself) and things like " What are you Reading? or What are you listening to?"

Your goal is obtainable; you only have to devote a bit of time to achieve it. Good luck!
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby RobinSena » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:21 pm

Phantom_Sorano (post: 1287998) wrote:Goof Off is a good place...

Um, no? Goof Off posts don't go towards your post count.
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Next

Return to General