Michael Lance presents:One thousand and one ways to make an RPG awesome

Talk about anything in here.

Michael Lance presents:One thousand and one ways to make an RPG awesome

Postby Michael Lance » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:46 pm

Hello, fellow Role-Players! I, Michael Lance, have deemed it necessary to post this thread, as I have noticed that most RPG threads are now being archived and forgotten. An outrage, I say! Role-Players and their epic legends deserve more attention and respect! Therfore, I have posted this thread in an attempt to liberate my fellow Pokemon Trainers, Resistance Fighters, Heroes, Villains, and Damsels-In-Distress.

Join the resistance! Help me empower the thinkers and dreamers with tactics for creating the best storylines, the best characters, and the best gameplay an RP'er could ever ask for!

Any and all advice is accepted - not just the moderators! Make your voice heard, all ye unlikely heroes!! :rock:
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

spell it right, or don't spell it at all.

@)}~`,~

Thank you, for all you do for us.

that awkward moment when you go to see who's online, and someone else is already looking at the members list...
Michael Lance

Postby Crossfire » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:46 pm

Ninjas.

Ninjas make everything awesome.
Crossfire

Postby Michael Lance » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:43 pm

"YOUTH!!"

(jk) XD
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

@)}~`,~

that awkward moment when you go to see who's online, and someone else is already looking at the members list...
Michael Lance

Postby rocklobster » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:44 pm

Keeping up your fellow players on storylines and letting them have input can give them incentive to stick around. It's worked for me so far.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Michael Lance » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:59 pm

rocklobster (post: 1512478) wrote:Keeping up your fellow players on storylines and letting them have input can give them incentive to stick around. It's worked for me so far.

True, true... knowing what they want and giving it to them can be another good reason, as well.
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

@)}~`,~

Michael Lance

Postby Atria35 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:06 pm

I prefer them to be on boards that are specifically for RP'ing, like Proboards. Group RPs are nice, but if you have one person that disappears for a prolonged time, it's frustrating and can screw up the storyline. With a specific board, you can have one-on-one rp's or have everyone on the board join in.
Atria35

Postby Jingo Jaden » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:26 pm

Wrong forums. This probably belongs in the out of character or writing section.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:44 pm

Jaden is right. And the mods didn't archive the rp section to hurt anyone's feelings. Therare plenty of long-dead roleplays that have been sitting around since the beginning of CAA.

This thread is hereby closed. You may post a thread in the RP ideas area about how to start new and interesting roleplays. But to outrightly call out the decisions of the staff when we had no malice in mind, is sort of uncalled for.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Return to General