Tokyopop! Is It Trying To Come Back?

Talk about anything in here.

Tokyopop! Is It Trying To Come Back?

Postby ashfire » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:20 pm

I have a connection on Facebook for Tokyopop. Recently Stu Levy CEO of Tokyopop asked on Facebook if anyone would be interested if Volume 3 of Hetalia Axis Powers should be printed. Most including myself said yes if they could also print the final books of other titles that were due to finish or books that just started. I had 16 of their titles that I was reading or just started reading.
I don't know if Levy is looking for other responses from other sources to his question and how to get ahold of them.
One thing asked on a comic website could this be a means for publishers to know what to print than mass printing.
ashfire

Postby raider~joseph » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:47 pm

That would be cool.
The orbital friendship cannon is gone. But its LEGACY LIVES ON IN US!
FOR PONY, FOR STUFF, FOR LUNA!

"I can has roleplaying!"
raider~joseph

Postby Alreadyish » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:53 pm

It's a trap! ;A; Stu just wants more money since he misses the manga money that was coming in. >___< I for one will not give Stu anymore of my lunch money for his missed up way of CEO-ing something I and many other loved. D: Go back to "movie making" Stu, you seem to love that more then manga after all. ;__; *Sobs*
[color="Plum"]❤[/color]
Alreadyish

Postby Atria35 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:11 pm

Tokyopop is gone. Like, permanently. Licenses are gone and everything. So I don't know what this guy is trying to pull, but...
Atria35

Postby TheMewster » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:16 pm

That... may be a fake profile. I wouldn't trust it.
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby TWWK » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:07 pm

No, more like Stu Levy making money where he can. In fact, B&N is about to place all Tokyopop manga on clearance.
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:03 pm

Atria35 (post: 1504638) wrote:Tokyopop is gone. Like, permanently. Licenses are gone and everything. So I don't know what this guy is trying to pull, but...

Yeah, didn't Tokyopop post a note on Facebook saying that all licensed have been returned to their original holders? In other words, all series licenses go back to the mangaka who originally created the series, and it's up to every individual mangaka as to which company re-licenses his/her titles (if they're re-licensed at all).
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Return to General