Axe Cop

Talk about anything in here.

Axe Cop

Postby Sparx00 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:31 pm

While I was reading my newest issue of Nintendo Power this morning, I came across this short little article about heroes that should be in their own video games. It was this article that introduced me to this crazy web comic known as "Axe Cop."

Axe Cop is written by a 5 year old boy, and illustrated by his 29 year old brother. I became incredibly intrigued by the name of the comic alone. So naturally, curiosity getting the better of me, I checked the comic out. Shortly after reading the first few pages, I found myself quite literally, Laughing Out Loud.

It was right then when I thought to myself... "I freaking LOVE this comic."

Dinosaurs, giant robots, man eating snowmen, Bad Santa, and evil aliens are only a handful of the bad guys you will read about as you join Axe Cop on his mission to keep the world save from danger.

For those of you who are interested, you can view it HERE.

Give it a look, I'm pretty sure you won't regret it. ;)
You wish you could shred like me.
Sparx00

Postby Wallachia » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:13 pm

Oh man, I forgot about this series. I need to re-bookmark it.

It's wonderful.

Wallachia

Postby Rewin » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:52 pm

Sparx00 (post: 1489276) wrote:Axe Cop is written by a 5 year old boy, and illustrated by his 29 year old brother.

Wow, 24 years between kids. Somehow that just doesn't seem right :shake:
Mmmmmm, bacon.....
Rewin

Postby Nate » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:26 pm

Sounds better than less than a year between kids.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby c.t.,girl » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:27 pm

haha my brothers are 20 yrs older than me.

also, i am rebookmarking this as well! XD
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby Darth_Kirby » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:40 pm

Rewin (post: 1489343) wrote:Wow, 24 years between kids. Somehow that just doesn't seem right :shake:

lol what about those families that have 12 kids? I highly doubt that the first and last kid would be percisely 12 years apart.
Join the Darth side... No really! Join! The pension plan is great and they match all your 401K's!! XD

[color="Cyan"]True freedom is the ability to do what you know is right without fear of persecution.[/color]

[color="Lime"]I finally understand that justice is not born out of the desire for revenge or hatred, but it is born out of love for one’s fellow man.[/color]

Darth_Kirby (post: 1481540) wrote:Ah, the beast of terminology... how many more arguments will you start... XP
Darth_Kirby

Postby Nate » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:12 am

I like Axe Cop sorta but it's the kind of thing for me that's only really funny for a bit. I still think the first few are funny, but I just don't care about it anymore and can't bring myself to read more of it. I don't know.

Maybe it's that the first few comics were just dumb stories that weren't supposed to be comics or have overarching plots, but now they're trying too hard as it were. That's how I feel anyway. I didn't like the Dr. McNinja crossover for precisely that reason. I wanted to like it and I wanted it to be awesome, but Dr. McNinja has actual serious moments and good writing in it, and that kind of style just didn't fit well with Axe Cop's "Throw reason and logic to the wind and just do anything."

But since I'm probably in the minority here, I'll just quietly slink away.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:12 am

I don't think it's necessarily that small of a minority. I enjoyed what I read of Axe Cop but haven't gone back in quite some time. The reason is probably the same as why I normally read things written by adults and entertainment isn't produced entirely by five-year-olds.

As "crazy" as children's stories are, they start to feel the same after a while. Whims and elements are thrown together into a mix that really isn't very interesting. Seeing this sort of thing illustrated semi-seriously was a nice gimmick, but for me at least it wore out fairly quickly.
uc pseudonym

Postby Atria35 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:31 am

I find it mildly amusing. It's definitely something I would read when I was in the mood for out-there stories, but most of the time, I'm not.
Atria35

Postby MomentOfInertia » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:18 pm

I keep meaning to read it, I liked what I saw in the Dr. McNinja crossover, but heven't gotten around to following up on it.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Return to General