Touhou Plushie: To Buy Or Not to Buy.

Talk about anything in here.

Touhou Plushie: To Buy Or Not to Buy.

Postby Yamamaya » Sat May 07, 2011 8:06 pm

You all are probably not aware of this, but I have mixed feelings when it comes to anime and video game related merchandice. I may go on a buying spree and purchase a whole crapload of them, but I tend to show restraint.

Currently I have my eye set on a few Touhou plushies. I want to buy at least one, but they are pretty freaking expensive and I tend to be careful with my cash. I tend to compare the amount of money that I could spend elsewhere on something more enjoyable.

So, should I purchase one or not? I definitely want at least one. And I don't intend to just let it sit in my room. I want to use it for a series of video game/movie reviews I plan to make. So to buy or not to buy. That is the question.

On that note, what other related goods do you have a soft spot for despite how expensive they are?

Edit: I'm honestly just thinking of setting aside a certain amount of spending money for crap like this so I never go over the amount I want to spend :P
Yamamaya

Postby Atria35 » Sat May 07, 2011 8:14 pm

I have no idea whether you should purchase it, sorry! I would never, since I know it would be a dustcatcher in my apartment >.>"

I have a fondness for messenger bags and posters, myself. I desperately want a messenger bag, and would use it, but I can never find it in myself to actually purchase one. Posters, on the other hand.... At this point, I have quite a few, and would love to put them up. Except, since I have a studio, it means any and all visitors will see them. Why that's a big deal when I have my anime and manga out for any and all to see, I don't know. But posters.... those seem like a different matter.
Atria35

Postby Yamamaya » Sat May 07, 2011 8:38 pm

Atria35 (post: 1477441) wrote:I have no idea whether you should purchase it, sorry! I would never, since I know it would be a dustcatcher in my apartment >.>"

I have a fondness for messenger bags and posters, myself. I desperately want a messenger bag, and would use it, but I can never find it in myself to actually purchase one. Posters, on the other hand.... At this point, I have quite a few, and would love to put them up. Except, since I have a studio, it means any and all visitors will see them. Why that's a big deal when I have my anime and manga out for any and all to see, I don't know. But posters.... those seem like a different matter.

Ah well I suppose that's one way of looking at it.

I love posters so freaking much. I have seven of them in my room. Only three of them are anime related. I might take a few of them down since they can so easily be seen.

Except for my Rei Evangelion poster, since I consider that one to be a fine work of art.
Yamamaya

Postby Sabana-San » Sat May 07, 2011 8:40 pm

it sounds so cute! i would buy it if I were me but if I were you I wouldn't. It's a good idea to wait and, like you said, save for a time like this. And as to the question of whether I go on buying sprees...Yes. Get me into an office supply store or even an aisle and I can NOT stop choosing things to buy! And then I spend two hours in there trying to pick out which things I want most because I can't buy it all. xD
"If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you."
— A.A. Milne
Sabana-San

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat May 07, 2011 8:43 pm

Pff, I don't even care if people know I'm into anime. I'm already socially marginalized as it is so screw it.

As for spending a lot of money on trinkets, well, I'd consider it pretty carefully first. Like, if you don't have a lot of money to blow, maybe save it for stuff you can get more use out of. But then, I tend to suffer from pretty strong buyer's remorse.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Atria35 » Sat May 07, 2011 8:45 pm

Yamamaya (post: 1477448) wrote:I love posters so freaking much. I have seven of them in my room. Only three of them are anime related. I might take a few of them down since they can so easily be seen.

Except for my Rei Evangelion poster, since I consider that one to be a fine work of art.

I am such a nut for anime posters. My pride and joy is my Ah! My Goddess one of Belldandy- it's so pretty! More than half my posters/pictures are anime-related, and some are a little more risque, which makes having them up.... questionable, in a studio apartment. But I want to so badly.
Atria35

Postby Yamamaya » Sat May 07, 2011 9:02 pm

ShiroiHikari (post: 1477452) wrote:Pff, I don't even care if people know I'm into anime. I'm already socially marginalized as it is so screw it.

As for spending a lot of money on trinkets, well, I'd consider it pretty carefully first. Like, if you don't have a lot of money to blow, maybe save it for stuff you can get more use out of. But then, I tend to suffer from pretty strong buyer's remorse.

Well it's not too expensive for one of them. About 13-35 for one(that includes shipping) I probably just want one anyway....All the cheaper ones got eaten up already. :( I do plan to sell some of my old video games either on a website or to a retailer. Maybe I'll break even eh?

Atria35 (post: 1477455) wrote:I am such a nut for anime posters. My pride and joy is my Ah! My Goddess one of Belldandy- it's so pretty! More than half my posters/pictures are anime-related, and some are a little more risque, which makes having them up.... questionable, in a studio apartment. But I want to so badly.

Atria having risque posters eh? I find this awesome. Yep anime posters are pretty awesome. One person who didn't even like anime liked my Rei poster.
Yamamaya

Postby blkmage » Sat May 07, 2011 9:05 pm

Not a huge fan of posters, since I move a lot and will continue to do so for the near future. I would totally be into gunpla, but it's way too much time and effort. Pretty much the only figures I'm willing to collect are Nendoroids.

I would totally get plushes, but I don't think I've seen any that I've wanted enough to get. But yeah, anime goods are relatively expensive and I wouldn't count on them getting any cheaper.
blkmage

Return to General