Excitement

Talk about anything in here.

Excitement

Postby CrystalChalice » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:42 am

This is kind of a weird question, but has anyone ever gotten sick because he or she got excited over something? This happened to me many times in the past, last week being the most recent due to my graduation.
Whatever the season in life, the RIGHT attitude makes all the difference.

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2

"Though our paths may have diverged, you must continue to live out your life with all your might; you must never consider your own life to be something insignificant, and you must never forget about the friends whom you loved for as long as you live."
The Third Rule of Fairy Tail

"Mistakes are not shackles that halt one from stepping forward. Rather, they are that which sustain and grow one's heart.
Mavis Vermilion, Fairy Tail

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.
Avatar Aang, The Legend of Korra
CrystalChalice

Postby Atria35 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:54 am

Yes. Excitement over something causes stress (yeah, that sounds very strange, but it's true!). And when I stress over something, I can easily make myself sick.
Atria35

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:54 am

Hmm... no, I can't say I have. Don't you think it may have more to do with you working so hard during the year and your body only coming to terms with all the stress on it as you slowed down?
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby CrystalChalice » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:11 am

Warrior 4 Jesus (post: 1468086) wrote:Hmm... no, I can't say I have. Don't you think it may have more to do with you working so hard during the year and your body only coming to terms with all the stress on it as you slowed down?

That's probably the reason for the recent sickness, but the other cases happened on the times when my family and I were preparing for our vacation trips.
Whatever the season in life, the RIGHT attitude makes all the difference.

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2

"Though our paths may have diverged, you must continue to live out your life with all your might; you must never consider your own life to be something insignificant, and you must never forget about the friends whom you loved for as long as you live."
The Third Rule of Fairy Tail

"Mistakes are not shackles that halt one from stepping forward. Rather, they are that which sustain and grow one's heart.
Mavis Vermilion, Fairy Tail

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.
Avatar Aang, The Legend of Korra
CrystalChalice

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:21 am

Happens to me all the time. Mentally, I may be fine and dandy, but when stressors are present, whether positive or negative, they have an effect on my tummy. Not fun.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Nanao » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:32 am

Yes, like Atria said it causes stress. The trick is coming up with good techniques for coping with the stress. I actually almost passed out twice during my big martial arts graduation, which was one of the most amazing times of my life ^_^;;
[color="RoyalBlue"]My help comes from the Lord, maker of heaven and earth.[/color] Psalm 121:2
[color="Pink"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
Nanao

Postby shooraijin » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:24 pm

Not at all unusual. Getting worked up is getting worked up, whether it's over something you really want or really don't want.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Midori » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:33 pm

I sometimes feel that way anticipating people's replies to my posts. Which is one reason I historically haven't posted much.
Midori

Postby Dante » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:35 pm

I've gotten sick from emotions before - which was really nasty when my depression killed off my emotional feelings. When I first went to college for instance, I would get sick every time I went to see my parents or come back to live alone. Apparently it was causing me huge amounts of stress and anticipation, but I couldn't even feel it because my emotions were dulled XD. As my emotions return back now however, I've started to get a better handle on these things, learning to calm myself down so I don't have a self-sustaining cycle of pain (and sensing when I'm taking it too far):

strong emotions cause pain > pain causes strong emotions > go back to stage 1 :(

And even back in college, I would stop the cycle dead by just popping a sleeping pill - that would normally clear out my emotional memory back, so I'd go to bed with chills and stomach pains only to wake up feeling perfectly healthy.
Dante

Postby Furen » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:32 pm

Physically ill, maybe once...
But all the time from mental sickness.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Return to General