Kuroshitsuji Pentagram?

Talk about anything in here.

Kuroshitsuji Pentagram?

Postby Ichigo no Hime » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:35 pm

Hi! I would like to know your guy's opinion on the Kuroshitsuji pentagram.
I loved the anime and watched it all and recently got some Kuroshitsuji merchandise for Christmas.
Today my brother pointed out the pentagram on a Kuroshitsuji bag I got, and although I knew it was there I never payed much attention to it. There are two points pointing up, and I think that means its Satanic. O_O;;
But I'm not sure still. I cannot seem to find an exact match of that pentagram, so Im just hoping its made up and doesn't mean anything.

Do you guys think its ok to keep in my house, or should I sell the stuff on ebay? Or am I worrying to much? xD
Ichigo no Hime

Postby Midori » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:45 pm

I personally would not be bothered by it at all. My advice is: if it bothers you, get rid of it, and if it doesn't bother you, don't.
Midori

Postby Rusty Claymore » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:44 pm

If something like that happened to me, I'd just put a crooked "This side up" arrow thingy on it. But otherwise, Midori-quote-for-truth. n.n
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Ichigo no Hime » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:44 am

Sorry such a late reply, been busy. ;w;

But thank you guys~
I love the bag, so I'll probably modify it...plus it'll be more original. :)

Thanks again!
Ichigo no Hime

Postby ich1990 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:35 pm

Pentagrams have been cool since the 14th century. I am feeling too lazy to look it up exactly, so I will quote from wikipedia:

"The pentagram figured in a heavily symbolic Arthurian romance: it appears on the shield of Sir Gawain in the 14th century poem Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. As the poet explains, the five points of the star each have five meanings: they represent the five senses, the five fingers, the five wounds of Christ, the five joys that Mary had of Jesus (the Annunciation, the Nativity, the Resurrection, the Ascension, and the Assumption), and the five virtues of knighthood which Gawain hopes to embody: noble generosity, fellowship, purity, courtesy, and compassion."
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby aliveinHim » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:19 pm

I stay away from pentagrams for the satanic conotation they carry.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby TheMewster » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:26 pm

I didn't know they were a Christian symbol originally! However, like AliveinHim, I stay far away from even stuff vaguely resembling pentagrams/hexagrams to be spiritually safe and not look hypocritical. And if it offends you SPIRITUALLY, as if it really were satanic, I would sneak it into the BURN pile most likely instead of spreading it somewhere else and profiting off of it! God bless you guys!
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby Sapphire225 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:42 pm

Well, considering that Sebastian is a demon, I wasn't really too surprised to see it. However, if it really gets to you, you may want to avoid it. Other than that, I ignore it, given the shows premise.
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby TheMewster » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:01 pm

Thanks Sapphire! I was not even interested in Kuroshitsuji, but now I know what to expect when watching it! I'm offended by demons, so I think I'll avoid it. :) God bless you and peace be with you!
TheMewster

Postby Lynna » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:58 pm

I find it annoying that the pentagram was origionaly christian and now it's considered Satanic.:stressed: stupid satanists, ruining everything:mutter:
I like your idea of editing it. that would probably be the best
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Agloval » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:26 am

This sort of forgotten history of a symbol is not uncommon: most people associate an inverted cross with Satanism, but for a long time it's been a symbol of humility and Simon Peter. (There's a legend -- first appearing in the non-canonical Acts of Peter -- that when he was to be executed, he asked to be crucified upside down, as he felt he was unworthy to be crucified in the same manner as Christ. I'm not sure that makes sense, but that's how the legend goes.)

I'm not convinced that the pentagram was really commonly used by normal people in the way that the Pearl-poet used it in Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. He says that English people refer to the pentagram as the endless knot, but I don't think there are actually any other contemporary instances of that phrase being used to mean a pentagram. I have a pet theory that the Pearl-poet is joking with his audience. But it's still a nice piece of symbolism.
'That blast is blown for me, for I am the prize, and yet am I not dead.'
Agloval

Postby TheMewster » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:37 am

Guys, what's an inverted cross? And yeah, that's Satan's JOB, ruining it all for us Christians!
TheMewster

Postby Nami » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:49 am

Lynna (post: 1466244) wrote:I find it annoying that the pentagram was origionaly christian and now it's considered Satanic.:stressed: stupid satanists, ruining everything:mutter:
I like your idea of editing it. that would probably be the best

I agree!! Stupid satanists!!

ich1990 (post: 1464955) wrote:Pentagrams have been cool since the 14th century. I am feeling too lazy to look it up exactly, so I will quote from wikipedia:

"The pentagram figured in a heavily symbolic Arthurian romance: it appears on the shield of Sir Gawain in the 14th century poem Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. As the poet explains, the five points of the star each have five meanings: they represent the five senses, the five fingers, the five wounds of Christ, the five joys that Mary had of Jesus (the Annunciation, the Nativity, the Resurrection, the Ascension, and the Assumption), and the five virtues of knighthood which Gawain hopes to embody: noble generosity, fellowship, purity, courtesy, and compassion."

*chuckles* look how cool it was~ :D

I'll stuck with the star of David. :D WHICH IS NOT SATANIST!!! *kicks satanists*
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Atria35 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:26 am

TheMewster (post: 1466943) wrote:Guys, what's an inverted cross?!

It's a cross turned upside-down.

But then why don't you guys start taking the symbol back if you don't want it to be associated with satanists? Start using it like it was meant to be used.
Atria35

Postby Nami » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:35 am

Why, Atria~ You are fabulous. ^_^ I was thinking that, but wondering how to go about it.. maybe making shirts with words like; "We're taking back what's ours" and that symbol on it~
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby TopazRaven » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:14 am

Dude, we should totally make shirts like that! I'd wear it. I'd be all like b**** plz, this was ours first! Ok, not really, but yeah...
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Nami » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:55 am

XDD Topaz!! That's awesome. But I couldn't wear that shirt T_T XDD;
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby TopazRaven » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:52 am

Why not? Lol, I'm not actually sure if I would either honestly, but I might. It would be a good oppurtinty to explain it to people to if they asked.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby ich1990 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:34 pm

[quote="Nami (post: 1466986)"]Why, Atria~ You are fabulous. ^_^ I was thinking that, but wondering how to go about it.. maybe making shirts with words like]
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Atria35 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:54 pm

ich1990 (post: 1467019) wrote:Image

Too amazing for words.

I honestly would wear a pentagram shirt if it maybe had the meanings of each point at each point, because a message short enough for people to get without explaining would be hard to do.
Atria35

Postby Nami » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:07 am

TopazRaven (post: 1467016) wrote:Why not? Lol, I'm not actually sure if I would either honestly, but I might. It would be a good oppurtinty to explain it to people to if they asked.

I might, ahah. It would be! Ooh, we should totally make shirts for it! haha.

ich1990 (post: 1467019) wrote:Image

Niiiice!

Atria35 (post: 1467035) wrote:Too amazing for words.

I honestly would wear a pentagram shirt if it maybe had the meanings of each point at each point, because a message short enough for people to get without explaining would be hard to do.

Yes! The meanings... *ponders this* I think I could design that, given the chance. ^_^
Yours Truly,
Nami

Return to General