John Piper on "The Prosperity Gospel"

Talk about anything in here.

Postby JerRocks2day » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:25 pm

Since nobody's updated this thread; id thought I'd throw in some perspective.

I remember hearing about the Prosperity Gospel and thought it was a good thing; of course, this was before I became the smart guy I am today.

I used to listen to Creflo Dollar, Rod Parsley, Pat Robertson (though I'm not sure he's officially WOF, but I remember reading he does believe in a prosperity-type doctrine), etc. I would even go to the extreme of defending Creflo Dollar and practically killed trees learning a false doctrine (i.e. print enormous amounts of paper to save them as printouts). But in 2007, I realized I was living in a fantasy and decided to leave that mentality behind and accept that not everybody is perfect, not everybody will live in mansions or have big jets, and that we'll never know the Will of God for our lives (his will is very different for each and everyone of us).

Looking back to how I showed my mom Creflo Dollar (even my 8th Grade history teacher), i really feel like this is all my fault because it could be the reason why she's shoving 'her' mode of religion, when it as a 'false' mode of religion that I started. :(
JerRocks2day

Previous

Return to General