Buggy cereal

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:37 pm

Ante Bellum (post: 1452291) wrote:Because real ramen is probably a lot more nutritious than the oversalted...stuff...that we call "ramen."

You have no idea. Last night I had some of the best ramen ever. There's this place called Kazan (volcano) where you can order ramen in a hot stone bowl. They pour in the sauce and it boils right in front of you. It is SOOOO delicious. And it has a ton of fresh veggies.

And there are no ants. ^_^
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Ante Bellum » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:50 pm

Want.
Ante Bellum

Postby LadyRushia » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:56 pm

Yeah, the way they do ramen in Asia is legit. When I was in China, my host mother sometimes made me some for breakfast. It was awesome.

Also, yes. There is a proper way to kill stink bugs. If you just smash them, that releases the smell, obviously, but that smell attracts more of them. Case and point: I smashed a stink bug in my window sill at school. Over the next couple days, they swarmed and they were all over the screen.

If you have to kill a lot of them at once, get a cup of soapy water, an empty cup, and something sturdy and flat like a postcard. Scoop them up gently (because they release their smell even when they're scared) and drop them in the soapy water. They'll squirm for a little bit, but they'll die within a minute or so. When you're done, flush it all down the toilet.

The brown stink bugs, the ones that have been causing people problems, are invasive and not doing anything good here in the U.S. Nothing will eat them and they destroy crops, so I don't feel bad about killing them. They usually become an issue in the early fall when it starts to get a little cooler because they're looking for a warm place to stay during the winter (which means they find their way into people's houses).

I read one news story where they interviewed an exterminator and he said that he was on a call to get rid of stink bugs once. 80% of the outside of the house was covered in stink bugs.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby kairo14 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:09 am

Yuki-Anne (post: 1452293) wrote:You have no idea. Last night I had some of the best ramen ever. There's this place called Kazan (volcano) where you can order ramen in a hot stone bowl. They pour in the sauce and it boils right in front of you. It is SOOOO delicious. And it has a ton of fresh veggies.

And there are no ants. ^_^

that does sound incredible.
and, no ants is huge plus
ImageImage
[font="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]www.osheadavis.com / "MOES: Go, and scroll no more." [/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"]Dragonballz rocks, and, Jesus Saves / Naruto does multi-clone no jutsu,, but,, Jesus gives new-birth no jutsu[/SIZE][/font]
kairo14

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:39 pm

LadyRushia (post: 1452297) wrote:Also, yes. There is a proper way to kill stink bugs. If you just smash them, that releases the smell, obviously, but that smell attracts more of them. Case and point: I smashed a stink bug in my window sill at school. Over the next couple days, they swarmed and they were all over the screen.

If you have to kill a lot of them at once, get a cup of soapy water, an empty cup, and something sturdy and flat like a postcard. Scoop them up gently (because they release their smell even when they're scared) and drop them in the soapy water. They'll squirm for a little bit, but they'll die within a minute or so. When you're done, flush it all down the toilet.

Huh, I didn't know that. Thanks!
I read one news story where they interviewed an exterminator and he said that he was on a call to get rid of stink bugs once. 80% of the outside of the house was covered in stink bugs.

That's... really freaky. o_o
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Previous

Return to General