Should I dye my hair black?

Talk about anything in here.

Should I dye my hair black?

Postby KougaHane » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:31 pm

Been told my hair looks better black, because I sprayed it black for Halloween and now I'm thinking about making it permanently black because several people said it looks good black.:dance:
chatbot 09:36 - KougaHane asks, Will you be my friend?
My answer: No
KougaHane 09:36 - T_T
KougaHane

Postby armeck » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:38 pm

without a picture how are people supposed to tell? i'm not going to ask for a picture, because i don't want anyone to think i'm a creep or a stalker but really, not picture people can't tell, i will say though, that i REALLY like black hair XD
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Furen » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:44 pm

Because I don't wanna say go for it (cause it is not healthy for your hair) I don't really want to say no either (if it really does look cool) but I don't know what your hair looks like so I really can't answer that...
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Atria35 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:18 pm

Unknown. I don't know what you look like. But I would say do what makes you happy- I occasionally go red because I like how it looks. It makes me feel pretty and good, and if going black makes you feel good about yourself, that's what's important.
Atria35

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:07 pm

I think you look good with the hair color you have now, but would look good with black hair as well ^__^ Hmm, that didn't help very much, huh lol? I guess, what do you think? I mean, do you think it looks good as well? Will you be happy with the change? You're the one who will be having the black hair.. not your friends ^^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Dante » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:04 pm

nope. BLUE. Make it BLUE!
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby KougaHane » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:38 pm

Fine Fine here's a picture....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KougaHane

Postby Ella Edric » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:40 pm

how come guys never smile for pictures? ._.

And I vote yes. You'd look good with black hair. lol
Ella Edric

Postby KougaHane » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:41 pm

Tsukuyomi (post: 1434954) wrote:I think you look good with the hair color you have now, but would look good with black hair as well ^__^ Hmm, that didn't help very much, huh lol? I guess, what do you think? I mean, do you think it looks good as well? Will you be happy with the change? You're the one who will be having the black hair.. not your friends ^^

Yes I know that I'm the one having the hair but honestly... I really don't care what color it is.. So if all my friends think I should dye it black I've got no problem with it.. not like I'm trying to be popular with them and do everything they say, I just don't really care that much as long as people don't come and tell me its awful.
KougaHane

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:48 pm

Your hair is kind of light, so you'll have to touch up the roots quite often and it could end up getting expensive. If I were you, I wouldn't do it. (But I'm not you, so take that with a grain of salt. :P)
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby sailorsaturn » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:59 pm

I say no. I have a friend who dyed her hair black and she wasn't able to dye it again until it grew out long enough that she could cut off the black part because nothing would go over the black. If you want, dye it the darkest shade of brown you can find, but once you dye it black you're stuck with it.
sailorsaturn

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:23 pm

Hmmm, I thought I saw a pic of you before, but I may have been mistake lol I actually like Sailor Saturn's idea ^^

Either way, keep us updated on whatever you decide ^^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Mr. Rogers » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:23 pm

I would not dye your hair black. Right now your hair is a lighter brown with a nice mix of other colors in it too. That would all be lost with black hair. I would leave it alone.
Mr. Rogers

Postby goldenspines » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:07 pm

Like some in this thread have mentioned, once you dye your hair a color that is a stark contrast from your original hair color, it will be hard to get your natural hair color back (if you did try to get it back from black, you would probably have to bleach it then dye it a lightish brown close to your original hair color, then wait for it to fully grow out again). Do also bear in mind that bleaching can have bad results on your hair (it's kind of like scrubbing paint remover in your hair, for instance). Not to mention bleaching and dying your hair again can get expensive (even if you don't have it done professionally).
And like Shiroi and Sailor mentioned, if you don't keep the roots of your hair touched up, you'll end up with black tips with your light brown hair. Though, if you like that look, that's cool.

Or, you know, you could dye it, keep the roots touched up for a while, but once you get tired of it, shave it all off and wait for it to grow back. A shaved head only looks good on few people though. I don't know how well you would like it on yourself.
goldenspines

Agreed

Postby Isaac » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:25 pm

I'm a professional Barber-Stylist by trade, and used to dye my hair black all the time. I'd have to agree with golden spines, sailorsaturn, and some of the others; if you're going to color it, I'd go with a demi-permanent dye that isn't a huge jump in hue from what it already is. Like mentioned earlier, dying it jet black straight up will be more or less irreversable for a while.
Is this the first time you've changed your hair pigment? I'd go with dark brown. At the the worst, you may decide it isn't enough and opt to go darker. (just don't change it like a million times, as over-dying hair will damage it)
But hey, if you feel you're ready to go all out and dye it black- then go for it!

Hope this helps!
Isaac

Postby KougaHane » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:43 pm

Well I have dyed it jet black once before but it was a long time ago
KougaHane

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:51 pm

I'd go with "no" XD only because once you go black it's really hard to get it back. And you might damage your hair.

But do what you wanna do! \o.o/ It's your hair not mine. :)
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Furen » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:39 pm

Now that I've seen it, I'd say no because I like your hair.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby armeck » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:39 pm

yes, go black that'd be cool
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Arya Raiin » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:54 pm

Actually dying hair isn't good for you, you know. I did a jet black rinse on mine and it was good! They last only for about 4-8 washes thought. You can try a rinse for awhile and then decide what you want! :thumb: (And yes, I loved my black hair. I might do it again sometime.)
Arya Raiin

Postby fermy6 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:59 pm

i like the T shirt...what does it say?
If someone said 3 years from now
You'd be long gone
Id get up and punch their mouth
Cuz they're all wrong
I know better
Cuz you said forever
And ever
Who knew?
fermy6

Postby Yuki-Anne » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:46 pm

I'ma say no. I'm a firm believer in retaining one's natural color, not on principle, just by preference. Your natural hair color is the one your skin pigmentation is designed to go with. Some people can pull off other hair colors, of course, but I think people tend to look best with the hair color with which they were born.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:37 pm

Ehhh I say no. You're good looking as it is. Don't ruin your look. =p
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:38 pm

I think your hair color is fine the way it is... But since it's super light, I wouldn't suggest going jet black either.

I've thought about dying my hair, but I'm a minority so my hair is already very dark. I would never go blond, just for fear of what it might do to my hair (and for the fact that blond hair would look totally fake on me). I could probably pull of red, since I *do* have some natural red highlights, but that's about it.

Honestly, I'm having a hard time picturing you with black hair... but, it's all up to you.

I'd suggest getting a wig first, and then seeing how you like it... And if you go for it and decide to go back later on, you'd probably want to wear a wig similar to your natural color until your hair grows out again. As others have said, I'd imagine keeping your hair black would probably get really expensive... and the roots would stand out like mine would if I dyed my hair blond.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Hitomi » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:39 pm

i would say go for it. i have dyed my hair darkest brown and i really liked it, that i wanted to go black and i have same brown hair as you and skin tone as well so it should work great
Hitomi

Return to General