Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Talk about anything in here.

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Postby Sheenar » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:39 pm

I have an online friend who is an atheist and she has mentioned this Flying Spaghetti Monster many times in our conversations.

From what I understand, it was created as a spoof of religion several years back. But I don't understand completely what the purpose of it is or why several people that I know ascribe to Pastafarianism.

Does anyone have any experience with this? What is a good way to open discussion with someone who follows this trend?
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:40 pm

Sorry! I didn't mean to submit this twice. The computer was being slow and I thought that it hadn't gone through.

Mods, please delete this duplicate thread. Thanks! :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Return to General