Afraid to Speak Your Mind?

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Okami » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:29 pm

So many people are so dead-set in their opinions and closed-minded that they won't let you get a word in edgewise.

Yes, I've encountered this. It is not fun. For me, debating is hard because everything I say makes sense in my head, but very rarely does it come out correctly. (This is why I like typing to people instead of actual conversation, because it comes out more accurately) And well, apparently that's actually part of my personality type, to know what I'm saying and no one else can follow. /is doomed. XD
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:17 am

blkmage (post: 1440832) wrote:These two things are not the same thing.

No, but they seem to go together a lot.

It's because they're able to present their ideas and arguments in a clear and logical fashion.

Not always. Some are just belligerent. They use overly complicated words or just argue around in circles. The other party just sighs and says "ok, whatever, you win."

Though, that really wouldn't be out arguing someone- it can just appear that way, huh?

In an argument, the person who's better at arguing wins, not the person who's right. So many people are so dead-set in their opinions and closed-minded that they won't let you get a word in edgewise.

Heh, you can say something that's fairly obvious and the other person will use bigger words and a few blogs and win everyone over against you XD
Shao Feng-Li

Previous

Return to General