Coming back to the US a month early

Talk about anything in here.

Coming back to the US a month early

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:01 pm

The principal (?) told me (via a translator) that I had received complaints from parents of older kids. I have 100,000 things I should say about that, but I'm left inadequate. I've never even seen most of those parents.

In any case, it also smells strongly of cow because they sent the PREVIOUS Native teacher home a month early. I don't know how this affects compensation, and how this will affect new jobs.

I don't know what I'm going to do... I'm gonna cry when I have to say goodbye to my kindergartners, at the very least.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Rusty Claymore » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:08 pm

Eh, well, you did your best! You made it a lot farther than I would have, and since the other guy was sent back early too, maybe that school has somewhat of a reputation that'll cushion any negatives that result from them going back on you.
Well, Ganbatte!! And give the kindergartner's an extra pat on the head form me!
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Furen » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:46 pm

Well you did your best, and I'm sure you made a positive influence on the kids!

Make sure you let the little ones you care for them.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Sheenar » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:41 am

You gave it your best shot and really worked hard! I'm sure that you have impacted the lives of those kids even in your short time there.

Consider this the next step in your journey. The kids themselves should speak wonders about your teaching ability. The rest (parents, admins) is just mainly politics.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:47 pm

Parents complain even here... They don't really understand how hard teaching probably i...

You did your best! And I'm sure you changed lives even a little bit!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Atria35 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:45 pm

I've actually heard a lot of stories about foriegn teachers that get sent back early because the school doesn't want to pay compensation. I hear it cuts in harder than they'd like. But I'd definitely go and tell the company doing the teacher things about what's going on- it sounds like they're doing something fishy, since they've done it before.
Atria35

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:28 pm

I know why they're doing it, now. They found a teacher in Korea whose contract is ending with another school, and they want him in here quickly so they aren't forced to get a teacher whose airplane ticket they'll have to pay to come from England or the US or Australia. A quick trip to Osaka to get a new visa is a LOT cheaper.

Or it would have been cheaper... This may get more expensive for them. We'll see.

EDIT: So... It seems they may have changed their minds about sending me home early? Hmm... I wonder. Guess I did the smart thing saying "no" to start with and not listening to the backhanded threats. *shrug* I'm still getting in all the touristy stuff I can in case they change their minds again... It's kind of difficult when my bosses don't speak English.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Rusty Claymore » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:38 pm

This may get more expensive for them. We'll see.
That sounds like you're planning something... :lol:
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:32 pm

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that, Bob :( Keep your head up ^^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Angel37 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:41 pm

In my prayers! Keep us posted! What a tough situation...
Angel37

Return to General