New Daily Devotional

Talk about anything in here.

New Daily Devotional

Postby Furen » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:14 am

Would we be able to re-start that up?
I checked it out and the last post was from November...

Well let me know
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:47 am

I don't think that would be a good idea. The user Rev. Doc was a real reverend that did those posts.

Really, you need someone in that field to do that as they have major in theology. It wouldn't be a good idea to have someone that has never studied or major in theology to do daily devotionals as we would want someone that knows the field and just doesn't take something out of bible without giving a meaning to the passage.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang
[/color]
[/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Furen » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:17 pm

Okay, but that makes that forum a ghost. Also I never said I wanted anyone, I think it should be a person with credentials.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:27 pm

Furen wrote:Okay, but that makes that forum a ghost. Also I never said I wanted anyone, I think it should be a person with credentials.

The two that I can think of that has credentials is Rev. Doc and Cap'n Nick and both are very busy.

[font="Book Antiqua"]
[color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang
[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Furen » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:43 pm

Okay. I was just making a suggestion, although it'd be cool if it ever restarted
Furen

Postby ADXC » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:27 pm

Well, maybe sometime in the future when either of them have the time then can do devotionals again.

The things is, I'm sure Rev. Doc has wanted to do devotionals, but he may be afraid if he restarts them that he won't be able to go too far with it and end short.

So just be patient.
ADXC

Postby Peanut » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:12 pm

There are some people (myself included) on CAA who have or are getting degrees in the area of ministry...so, maybe some day it will be restarted either by Rev. Doc or someone else.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Furen » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:18 pm

Hope so
Furen

Postby ADXC » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:31 pm

That's also a possibility. I may even do a devotional when I get my Bachelor's in Biblical exposition maybe.
ADXC

Postby Furen » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:48 pm

That would be good
Furen

Return to General