Otakon 2010 Meetup

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:20 am

So who's gonna rave with me?

http://www.otakon.com/events_dance.asp
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby christianfriend » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:02 am

Darn you people, going to such an awesome event I cannot accompany you to. Perhaps when I am able to afford a vehicle of my own, I shall go on an epic journey across the USA and come to party it up with you good anime lovin' folks!! :D I hope you guys have a great time!! Make sure to post all your pictures for the lulz!! =3

<3 CF
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby yukoxholic » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:59 am

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1412600) wrote:So who's gonna rave with me?

http://www.otakon.com/events_dance.asp

I will be at the rave! Especially since Muramasa and Kanon will be in attendence. ^_^

Although I was thinking if we had more then 2 of us going to pick up badges on Thursday we could do some kind of "pre" CAA meet up but then again that darn line is so flippin' long and you're standing in it for 2 hours anyway. It'd be more like a "while we wait in line" meet up. XD

christianfriend (post: 1412603) wrote:Darn you people, going to such an awesome event I cannot accompany you to. Perhaps when I am able to afford a vehicle of my own, I shall go on an epic journey across the USA and come to party it up with you good anime lovin' folks!! :D I hope you guys have a great time!! Make sure to post all your pictures for the lulz!! =3

<3 CF

Aww, that would be awesome if you could! I'll be taking a TON of pictures and doing a con report which will be up on my LJ after everything is said and done. :D
yukoxholic

Postby Nate » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:26 am

Well I'm definitely going and picking up my badge tomorrow, though I'm not exactly sure at what time...but probably closer to 8 or 9 PM so that the heat isn't so bad...plus it's a 6 hour drive for me to get up there and I don't like to wake up early. XD

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby minakichan » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:47 pm

So uh, what normally goes on at a SDAO(BRU)CAAOMUTG? Are we going to go for dinner or meet up and chat or what?

Anyway, going to be picking up my badge tomorrow evening! I'm excited!
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Nate » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:57 pm

We usually meet up, chat, eat some meals together, go to panels together. Stuff like that.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:06 pm

Guys we're gonna try and shoot for a saturday lunch together. This work with everyone?

I'm thinking around 11-12ish, depending on when people get hungry. XD

Usually we go get the cheapo meals, but have one big dinner gathering at some restaurant. Two years ago Closet Otaku showed us an Italian place. Twas very nice.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby minakichan » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:23 pm

Sounds good! Where shall we meet?

I'll be on a bus until 5 or so tomorrow afternoon, so see y'all then!
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:02 pm

Usually we meet up in the lobby with all the fountains. Details later! XD
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:32 pm

*runs in late, panting* I'm in! I'll be there too!

(P.S. My number hasn't changed since last year)
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:28 pm

I'm not going (as stated before), buuuut I hope you all have lots of fun and stay safe ^__^ I expect lots of pictures and.. Mayhaps, a podcast special on the con ^^? Or, at least a segment on it ^^?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:56 am

For those of you who, like myself, will be staying at a hotel/motel:

Before you settle in, CHECK YOUR BEDSHEETS. There have been reports of bedbugs nationwide. They are tiny parasitic insects like lice. If you see any in your sheets, FIND ANOTHER PLACE TO STAY. I'm not trying to scare you, but just be careful.

See you all there!
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby ClosetOtaku » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:56 am

Htom Sirveaux (post: 1412813) wrote:For those of you who, like myself, will be staying at a hotel/motel:

Before you settle in, CHECK YOUR BEDSHEETS. There have been reports of bedbugs nationwide. They are tiny parasitic insects like lice. If you see any in your sheets, FIND ANOTHER PLACE TO STAY. I'm not trying to scare you, but just be careful.

Better yet, pull up the fitted sheet (or lowest sheet if it is not fitted) and look at the seam where the two mattresses join. If you see red and/or black spots in little clusters, it is likely that that room has had (or now has) bedbugs.

Not foolproof, but a good indicator.

See you all there!

On our way shortly...
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:55 pm

Hey wow, I actually get to check forums and stuff while at the con for once!

...I hope nobody else got rained on today. :(
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Postby ClosetOtaku » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:29 pm

Got rained on walking to lunch, but we arrived before 3 and had our badges by 3:45. Really good system they've worked this year -- we got here about 7 PM last year and it took about 3 hours to do the same thing -- we just walked out of the hotel to check, no big outside lines, really smooth check-in process. Hope it continues that way.
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:32 pm

Yeah, this was the fastest I've EVER gotten into a convention.
Image Image

Blitzkrieg1701

Postby Peanut » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Hey everyone, MSP just wants me to let you all know that we are meeting in the Charles Street Lobby tomorrow at 11 AM. That's the Lobby with the massive fountain that everyone meets at. Be there or be square...or rectangular...or triangular...or some other shape that isn't awesome...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby ashfire » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:22 pm

Hey all. Well I am sorry I didn't make it to meet with everyone. I was busy checking out something at that time plus dealers and art rooms. How did everyone fair with the fire alarm round 2PM. I was planning to see the AMVs for a second time but ended up helping get people out of the building. I did get to see the vidoes after going to eat and getting back just as they started and then up the street for Cosplay and back to the hotel for anime of CN for getting some sleep.
ashfire

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:57 pm

<- Did not go to Otakon, but wishes to partake in this thread. .Or, should we make an Otakon Discussion Thread :P?

What happened with the fire alarm?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby ClosetOtaku » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:18 pm

According to the Otakon website, the official story was that it was a "false fire alarm" that was deliberately pulled within the Convention Center. No mention was made if the perpetrator(s) were caught.

However, twenty-odd thousand people evacuated the BCC. It was quite a sight.
ClosetOtaku

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:51 pm

Yeah. I took that opportunity to grab a bite to eat at the food court. I got back a little while later and joined Fish, Meboeck, and Smarty, getting in at number 20 in a recitation of "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall". Moments after we reached No More Bottles of Beer on the Wall, the doors were reopened.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:35 pm

So, gang, how was it? Just got back from Anime Iowa and my head is swimming. Conventions have a weird effect on me.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Peanut » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:13 pm

Htom Sirveaux (post: 1413399) wrote:Yeah. I took that opportunity to grab a bite to eat at the food court. I got back a little while later and joined Fish, Meboeck, and Smarty, getting in at number 20 in a recitation of "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall". Moments after we reached No More Bottles of Beer on the Wall, the doors were reopened.

Smarty was not there...however I was...and that was awesome...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:23 pm

I'm rather sad that I didn't manage to meet up with everybody beyond lunch on Friday, but that was still a ton of fun! Thanks for being awesome!
Image Image

Blitzkrieg1701

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:55 am

Peanut wrote:Smarty was not there...however I was...and that was awesome...

Oh right, it was you. My bad.

Can we post some pics in this thread? I'd like to do so once I get a few uploaded.
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:47 pm

Yeah, who has pics of everyone at lunch? I forgot to take one.
Image Image

Blitzkrieg1701

Postby yukoxholic » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:10 pm

I completely fail at making the CAA meet up this year. x_X But I would've made it had I actually had a working cell phone. I can't wait to see pics though! I'm still getting all my pictures together and in the process of making a report, yay! ^_^
yukoxholic

Postby Sheol777 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:13 pm

First time on since Otakon. I have a pic of the Friday lunch, will post it soon. Great to see you all again.
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby Sheol777 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:13 pm

Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Previous

Return to General