Monarch Programing?

Talk about anything in here.

Monarch Programing?

Postby WhiteMage212 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:42 pm

*no heated discussions please. *

Well, today I decided to listen to some paramore so I put on brick by boring brick. After a few seconds into the song I realized I had no idea what the lyrics were about. So I decided to google it. All of a sudden, instead of seeing a bunch of lyric websites, I find the topics. One website stands out to me that says http://www.viglientcitizen.com. In my mind I thought, "hey this should be good, it must be some conservative website or Christian reveiew thing." boy I was wrong. Instead I find things about this thing called monarch programing (sounds like something straight from an anime) so I looked a little further into the article. He talksabout all these things of hidden symbols and mind control (more like desense atizing) which made me almost want to leave the site thinking he was a weirdo. But then I looked through his other articles and each one had something in common about mainstream media and the youth. Well I can't quite explain everything but it's something I have gotten frankly, scared of. When the guy mentioned occult, I instantly thought Satan. Then it got me thinking, maybe, this really has to do with the setting up for the coming of God. Since the media in a way is desensitizing people by exposing them to things slowly but surely, people start to accept them but normally starts with us youth. I know this all sounds quite strange but it just reminds me of how much control Satan really has over us. If this really has to do with freemason stuff and dealings with the devil, well it just seems that God's prophecies are starting to set up for the final stage. But America must first be removed befre anything can happen since it doesn't even have a slight microscopic mention in the Bible. Just makes you think society is falling apart and morals are being corrupted.
Sorry for such a long rant as this whole thing is new to me so I actually don't have ful trust in this yet but i will keep an eye out about this. Also, if my argument aren't sound, that is because I'm just barely 16 so please no debates about this.
I just posted this to see from a Christian persective what my fellow Christians think. I'm just trying to see if there is just a tiny bit of truth in this monarch thing or is just another crazy idea. Well thanks for listening, I just needed to know if I was alone on this one or not.
In the beginning, God created HTML...- R. Zion
Men cry not for themselves, but for there comrades.-FF7 Crisis Core
"If it's not the gun that takes you down, it's the pen- myself
Know God, No fear.
If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! MOES. http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=43825[/URL].
WhiteMage212

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:37 am

After checking out the website you posted, my brief opinion is that this is a fear-mongering conspiracy theory website, full of over-analysis of things that have nothing to do with what this man is proposing. This man lives his entire life in a fearful state of paranoia. I can't imagine how crippling that must be, and really, I feel sorry for people like this. After all, as Christians, see 2 Timothy 1:7 --

"7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."

Also, Romans 8:39 --

"...neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

If nothing can indeed separate us from Christ's love, then what reason do we have to fear what some crazy conspiracy theorist concocted and made a website about? No good reason, that's for sure. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby WhiteMage212 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:40 am

Thanks. Helps relieve some of my in easiness. Only reason I bothered with this whole thing is because there were so many other websites that talked about things like this, just some were more radical than others. Lol this thing could make a good anime.
Know God, No fear.
If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! MOES. http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=43825[/URL].
WhiteMage212

Postby Atria35 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:05 am

Conspiracy websites abound! XD I'd have to agree with Rad's opinion, though. And if you think about it, you can look deeply into everything and find support for pretty much every theory under the sun, not just ones that have to do with the coming of Christ. It's like those people who put the Bible into a computer program, where the letters are all lined up with another, and came out saying that it made prophecies about the future, like the 2000 election. It brings up all sorts of questions like, which version of the Bible did they use? If they tried it in a different language, what would it the results be? And if they tried it with a different book, like War and Peace, would they get the same results?

At first those theories sound pretty, but with a dose of common sense, you can see that they aren't as sound as they first appear. They're made to prey on people's fears.
Atria35

Postby minakichan » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:04 am

I've read that guy's website, and I really think his analyses are fascinating; the things he notices in the symbolism of Lady Gaga music videos are pretty interesting.

But his paranoia is ridiculous.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby WhiteMage212 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:56 am

I do have to aplaud him for all the different things he analyzed in all those music videos. He is pretty convincing, but at the same time on the verge of strange.
Know God, No fear.
WhiteMage212

Postby ich1990 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:43 pm

Wow, quite a site. It reminds me of two conspiracy theorist hippies I met about a year ago. They were living in a van because "the man" had taken away their home (out of retribution because they knew too much). They heard I was a physicist and tried to teach me how to build an anti-gravity drive like the ones used to create the pyramids. They told me to get a book about the ancient myths of Mesopotamia and come back next week and they would show me prophecies of Jesus' coming (and evidence of battles between angels, who also used the anti-gravity drive), so I got the book from the library. Next week I came back and they were gone, van and all. I never saw them again, which was sad because talking with them was like reading one of the greatest, most imaginative books ever.

Like my hippie friends that site does provide a lot of entertainment value, but it needn't be taken seriously. RadicalDreamer already quoted a few verses from the Bible on the topic, but it might help to check out the wikipedia pages for Apophenia and Confirmation Bias, which will tell you a little about how the human brain lends itself to seeing patterns and "secret messages".

Don't get me wrong, music and media and anything you watch or absorb or consume does affect you: if you eat too much sugar you will get fat and if you listen to people with negatively oriented worldviews you just might come to believe them. You won't, however, be possessed by the devil or any other such thing. Nor will you get to build yourself a pyramid any time soon. If you have any doubt you can read your bible and check out this site:

http://conspiracyscience.com/

Hope this helps,
-Scully
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Hohenheim » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:20 pm

Hmm. I think RD, Atria, and Ich all have the right idea about this topic. Don't let these conspiracy theorists have too much sway over you.

Besides, while this may not apply to this particular conspiracy theorist, most of these guys tend to use words and phrases that make their ideas sound more plausible than they actually are. For a more informative look on the matter:

The Conspiracy Theorist: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ConspiracyTheorist

Meaningless Meaningful Words: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MeaninglessMeaningfulWords

Insane Troll Logic: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InsaneTrollLogic
[font="Arial Black"]"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness." - excerpt from the novel Brave New World[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]"Is all this striving after ultimate meaning a massive delusion, a gigantic wish-fulfillment?...Could our symbol-rich world be of interest only to a pitiless nihilist? I do not think so." - Simon Conway Morris[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]"Faith seeks understanding. I do not seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe in order to understand." - St. Anselm of Canterbury[/font]
Hohenheim

Postby Atria35 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:32 pm

^ Insane Troll Logic for the WIN!
Atria35

Postby WhiteMage212 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:06 am

The link for the meaningless meaningful words was jus what I needed. I almost forgot that you can make anything sound meaningful even when it's not. Just add more smart sounding nonsense. (kinda reminds
Me how people in political offices or lawyers do it to win their case). Now um, then does that mean paramores lyrics to brick by boring brick meaningless too?

P.s. This is the email the guy from conspiracyscience said:

No, we haven't written any articles about it yet, though there has been some planning. Project Monarch is just an invention by*Cathy O'Brien who provides absolutely no evidence what so ever the program even exists. We know programs like MKULTRA exist because of declassified documents, but Monarch has never been mentioned anywhere. Interestingly enough, anyone who does mention it just parrots the idea from O'Brien, and still offers no proof. She's a nut job.
Know God, No fear.
WhiteMage212

Postby Hohenheim » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:36 pm

WhiteMage212 (post: 1412634) wrote:The link for the meaningless meaningful words was jus what I needed. I almost forgot that you can make anything sound meaningful even when it's not. Just add more smart sounding nonsense. (kinda reminds
Me how people in political offices or lawyers do it to win their case). Now um, then does that mean paramores lyrics to brick by boring brick meaningless too?

Not necessarily. I just read the lyrics to the song you mentioned, and they mainly seem to be about the importance of not giving yourself over to fantasies too often.

However, the talk of 'meaningless meaningful words' can apply to song lyrics at times, and even to a person's philosophy. For the latter, that same website I linked you earlier has a page called 'World Salad Philosophy'. I'm not linking it here because that page happens to use some foul language in the summary, and I don't know how you feel about that. The page describes people who adhere to beliefs and philosophies that they feel make sense, but in actuality make no sense whatsoever. Basically, it's "Meaningless Meaningful Words" that apply to how one lives out life.

What I'm trying to lay out here is that, just because someone well-known, famous, or very charismatic believes in something, that doesn't make it so. In order to find out whether something may or may not be true, do research, find evidence, and make valid arguments. That is how I feel one should go about such matters.
[font="Arial Black"]"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness." - excerpt from the novel Brave New World[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]"Is all this striving after ultimate meaning a massive delusion, a gigantic wish-fulfillment?...Could our symbol-rich world be of interest only to a pitiless nihilist? I do not think so." - Simon Conway Morris[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]"Faith seeks understanding. I do not seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe in order to understand." - St. Anselm of Canterbury[/font]
Hohenheim

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:45 pm

The conspiracy science website is pretty fun, and entertaining if you can manage to not hurl yourself off the internet to get away from the insanity that some of the debunkings are fighting against. This monarch thing sounds like typical conspiracy nut protocol, with no regard for facts, evidence, or context.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Nate » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:00 pm

Hohenheim wrote:In order to find out whether something may or may not be true, do research, find evidence, and make valid arguments.

If it were that simple we wouldn't have any disagreements at all. :p

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Hohenheim » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:19 pm

Nate (post: 1412681) wrote:If it were that simple we wouldn't have any disagreements at all. :p

I'm not saying it is simple. As far as I can see, disagreements will always exist. I just think that researching, argumentation, etc., are better methods to use than those used by the conspiracy theorists. Also, in that post I said "What may or may not be true", not "What is or is not true". I'm not an objectivist or anything like that.

Hohenheim

Postby Nate » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:28 pm

Oh no no, I wasn't saying you were. XD But what I meant was, researching and using facts doesn't do any good against someone who is convinced of an opposing position. Obviously I won't use examples so as to avoid arguments in this thread, but I think we all know what kinds of things I am referring to. XD This also doesn't leave any room for faith, as none of us here can prove the existence of God, as it cannot be proven, it must be taken solely on faith, so research there is kind of meaningless.

Also, Timecube is the best conspiracy theory ever.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Hohenheim » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:35 pm

Nate (post: 1412693) wrote:Oh no no, I wasn't saying you were. XD But what I meant was, researching and using facts doesn't do any good against someone who is convinced of an opposing position. Obviously I won't use examples so as to avoid arguments in this thread, but I think we all know what kinds of things I am referring to. XD This also doesn't leave any room for faith, as none of us here can prove the existence of God, as it cannot be proven, it must be taken solely on faith, so research there is kind of meaningless.

Also, Timecube is the best conspiracy theory ever.

Ah. Sorry for the misunderstanding.:sweat:

Yeah, I'd have to agree with you on most of that. Some things just can't be proven, and require faith. It really is a fine line to walk on sometimes.

Hohenheim

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:40 pm

Nate (post: 1412693) wrote:Also, Timecube is the best conspiracy theory ever.

Timecube makes me want to excise parts of my brain with a spork, if only for the typography on the site.:P

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Return to General