Handsome

Talk about anything in here.

Handsome

Postby Sheenar » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:06 pm

My trainer finally added my successor dog to the web page! I am so excited! It's official! :D

Our dogs
Handsome
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Ante Bellum » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:27 pm

Oooh, so that's a Labradoodle? I've never actually seen one before.
Ante Bellum

Postby goldenspines » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:01 am

Aww, he does live up to his name. ^_^
How long is he in training before you get him, Sheenar?
goldenspines

Postby Sheenar » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:47 am

He'll be in training for 18-24 months. He'll be spending time with me off and on during that time. I'll be doing some of the training under his trainer's guidance-- basic things, like task training, most likely. I'll probably just have him on the weekends when school is in session.

I'm so excited! I'm going to be reading up on training during the school breaks. Specifically, Beyond Basic Dog Training, Teamwork: A Dog Training Manual for People with Disabilities and Teamwork II. I just need to get my hands on the last two books.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:33 pm

Awww he looks like he'll be a great service dog! ^_^ I've never seen a labradoodle either, very cute!
How old is he?
If I may ask: How do you manage without a service dog? If that's too personal, I understand...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Sheenar » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:53 pm

He is currently 10 months old. As you can see, he's a big boy. :) And he's still growing.

I am currently using a walker --a "Cadillac model"--one of the ones with hand brakes and a seat--with a basket to hold things underneath. And I have a Gopher reach tool to pick up things. Neither are as helpful as a service dog, but they're better than nothing. I'm missing out on the migraine alerts that Pebbles did --not to mention that a dog can load itself into/out of the car. I could also send Pebbles to go retrieve something by name in another room or open a door for me.

But I'm managing. I'm living with my cousin and her boyfriend. They both help with things around the house, so it's not as hard as when I lived by myself.

Sheenar

Postby MBlight » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:41 am

He's really gorgeous! Sure he'll turn out to be a great companion XD
I am a Rat Activist!

My Blog: http://mhitchens.wordpress.com

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Proud member of MOES!
MBlight

Return to General