Occupation survey/ Interview

Talk about anything in here.

Occupation survey/ Interview

Postby Lynna » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:47 pm

For my Carreer and Personal Planning course I have to do the following interview, so could you please help? I only need 5 people. here is what I need:
Name: _____( if you're uncomfortable with putting your real name, just make something reasonable up)
1 How did you choose your occupation?
2 Are you happy with your choice of Ocupation?
3 If you could choose a different occupation, what would it be and why?
4 I'm starting to make career goals, do you have any advice for me?

Thank you so much!!! ^^
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Nate » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:09 pm

I wish I could help you but I would sort of need an occupation first.

I could answer number 4 for you though but it would be a very cynical response so I'm sure you would be better off without it. XD

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:11 pm

Name:
[INDENT]Clint Eastwood[/INDENT]

(sorry Back to the Future III was on today, couldn't resist:))

[INDENT]Student [/INDENT]

[INDENT]I didn't really but I'm good were I am.[/INDENT]

2 Are you happy with your choice of Occupation?
[INDENT]Yes[/INDENT]

[INDENT]I'd write reviews and stuff for Gameinformer, because I'd get paid to do what I like to do anyway.[/INDENT]

[INDENT]Find the best paying career that you can put up with in the long term.[/INDENT]

Happy to help.

(If you need a different name go with Bob Smith, or something)
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Angel37 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:27 am

Name: CMW
1 How did you choose your occupation? pre-requisite to my dream occupation
2 Are you happy with your choice of Ocupation? yes
3 If you could choose a different occupation, what would it be and why? once I graduate I'll be a missionary to Japan so...
4 I'm starting to make career goals, do you have any advice for me? research what it would take to get into any career you desire and the amount of flexibility you'll have to change careers at any time.
Angel37

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:39 pm

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]Name: Joshua McKnight

Disabilities Customer Service Representative for AT&T Mobility

I was given the choice after my Leader Internship (Management training) ended as to what department I wanted to go into. It was either the Disabilities dept or Data Support. I picked Disabilities.

2 Are you happy with your choice of Occupation?
Could it be better for both us and our customers? Oh heck yeah! But as far as the tasks I do and the people I help, I am content.

Hmm...I would love to try one of several things, including but not limited to; film editing, professional photography, computer servicing and repair, and maybe even Voice acting...dream on Josh...

Pray, Pray, PRAY!!! Nobody knows you better than God, and only He knows what you are truly destined to do. My other piece of advice--try a multitude of different things; dip your fingers in all the different honey pots until you find the one thats sweet enough dive into![/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby SnoringFrog » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:54 pm

Lynna (post: 1400754) wrote:For my Carreer and Personal Planning course I have to do the following interview, so could you please help? I only need 5 people. here is what I need:
Name: _____( if you're uncomfortable with putting your real name, just make something reasonable up)

Thank you so much!!! ^^

Ethan Tode
Web Developer/Designer
1. I was naturally drawn to computers and understood them, my friend showed me some basic web development stuff and I latched onto it and began teaching myself everything I could.
2. Yes, I love what I do. Even outside of work I do similar projects just for fun.
3. The only other occupation I think I would like is being a sound engineer. Music has influenced my life a lot, and I've been doing sound engineering work for my church for the past 4 years, so turning it into a career with a band or recording studio would be amazing.
4. Do something you love, but don't pigeonhole yourself into too narrow of a field. Be willing to expand your interests (I had to branch out from just web dev into some software engineering and IT work), especially when it comes to your formal education.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:51 pm

Lynna (post: 1400754) wrote:For my Carreer and Personal Planning course I have to do the following interview, so could you please help? I only need 5 people. here is what I need:

Thank you so much!!! ^^

Name: Phil McAlister
1. I have always enjoyed taking lots of small things and making big things out of them. This occupation allows that on a large scale.
2. I am happy with my choice, though it takes a great deal of effort to maintain education in the field.
3. I would probably move into something that requires less frequent education. Something like real estate, maybe.
4. First, try a lot of different things and see what you like to do. Second, when you find something you enjoy, ask around and see if someone can tell you a job that would involve that kind of thing. Third, try to call up someone with that job and talk with them about their interests and other facets of the job; see if you're still interested. Fourth, don't be afraid to change careers once or twice, but beware of constant "job hopping" as you can end up never reaching full potential in any field.

HIH!
Mithrandir

Return to General