Auld Lang Syne

Talk about anything in here.

Auld Lang Syne

Postby ADXC » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:07 pm

As we approach the new year, it is helpful to know the song that is played on New Year's as it strikes 12 AM. This song is Auld Lang Syne.

I thought it might be interesting to give a wiki article on the song. Here it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auld_Lang_Syne

You guys can give your own commentary about what this song means to you all.

To me, I guess it means that we ought not forget about all of the experiences that we've come across or all of the people and things that have gotten us to where we are now. The song is bittersweet in that although we have finished off another year full of wonderful and not so wonderful experiences(Which become our memories that we look upon or shudder.), we now get a new year that is full of new things to happen both good and bad. That we need to look also on all of the stuff that God has done for us in this year, and look with hope to what He will do in the coming year.

I guess what I'm saying is that maybe we should look more on the significance about what a new year really means. It seems that New Years is often the holiday that we have for just one hour(Barely give any thought to it.) and then it is gone and never to be remembered because it may not really mean that much to us. But I think God gives us these holidays for a reason. I'm not fully sure of the reason for this one.

I do not know the full meaning behind the song, maybe some CAA scholars can help me out. XD
ADXC

Postby Nate » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:31 pm

Where do I go now?
Where do I go now?
This is my knocking song
In days of Auld Lang Syne

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Ante Bellum » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:34 am

Very interesting. I never really knew that before, the name of the song. The article was interesting as well.
Ante Bellum

Return to General