Preserving signuatures on a t-shirt

Talk about anything in here.

Preserving signuatures on a t-shirt

Postby SnoringFrog » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:41 am

I recently went to a concert and bought a t-shirt which I got the band to sign and also intend to wear. However, I'm worried that washing it will wash out the signatures. Will sharpe last through wash cycles? or is there something I can put on the signatures to make sure they last?
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby shooraijin » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:01 pm

What did they sign them with? Sharpies are pretty impervious to washing.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:30 am

I know this isn't much help without what it's called, but there is supposed to be a spray you can put on shirts to make it stay in longer...

Don't quote me on that, though, heh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:30 am

LOL I thought that you were advertising a thread to put all our random signatures on T-shirts! XDDD wierd me.

Yah I think Sharpies are okay when it comes to being washed... just be careful not to wash them TOO often, as they do fade... I think Cold water is best for them. :D

Don't quote me on that, this is only from experience.

Ta~
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Davidizer13 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:27 am

Yes, Sharpies eventually wash off; it takes about 10-15 washings for them to fade significantly. One solution would be to just not wear them too much. I put this nice drawing of that robot boss from Axelay on my friend's shirt, but I did it in a black, pen-like marker (he was doing some of his own drawings on it with the same pen), so I have no idea how long that's going to last.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Smile:) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:06 pm

I used to draw on white t-shirts with Sharpies all the time!

Every time, it'd almost wash off all the way, after just one wash. So, if you wash it without doing anything to it, it's gonna fade! I don't know if there is, or isn't something to protect it, tho...

I think you may wanna rethink wearing it, if you care alot about it.
[color="Lime"]I[/color] [color="Lime"]You People![/color]
Smile:)

Location: In wonderland having tea with the Mad Hatter, and the March Hare. It's our unbirthdays!

Return to General