lazy and uninspired: Anyone else dealing with this?

Talk about anything in here.

lazy and uninspired: Anyone else dealing with this?

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu May 21, 2009 1:05 am

Yah...so this all started before school ended. I'll say mid-term maybe? I found myself in a weird cycle... and it's kinda irratating because I have no real desire to get out of it...which is weird.

I feel so uninspired lately. Like nothing really gets me excited... my love for drawing and art seems to have fizzled... (uncharacteristic if anyone here knows me)

What also worries me the most, is I know that my relationship with God needs more work...and I say "Oh, I'll read my Bible...tomorrow. I want to sleep first." Then i wind up too busy to sit down and have any sort of time with Him. :/

I know it's wrong but it's kinda daily, like that... you know?

I also find myself sleeping WAY too much... like 12 hours or more when I'm not working... of course I think its because I stay up so late...

:/

Anyone else going though this? Any tips on how to get out of this? Its not like I enjoy it... just have no inspiration to get out of it.. -_-
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Eddosan » Thu May 21, 2009 3:32 am

About reading the Bible, what you could do is remind yourself to read it when you wake up every morning. That way, it becomes almost like an instinct. It usually works if you wake up early or don't have busy mornings.

About sleeping too much... um. Use an alarm clock? XD

I feel lazy and uninspired a lot of the time... at least in terms of drawing. It probably won't get better since I'm taking Composition 2 over the Summer. Doodling and looking at my past work sometimes helps me get new ideas. Don't know any other approaches you'd take. You're much more dedicated than me. :sweat:
Jesus is Lord!

[url=eddosan.deviantart.com]Clickity click[/url]
Eddosan

Postby Reon » Thu May 21, 2009 3:43 am

If I didnt just work 11 hours, 8 hrs Starbucks, 3 hours Hollister... I'd pry attempt a response. On top of that staying up late and have to wake up in 3 hours... =/. Yeah... So I'm feeling you. Last week was an intense work week but really enjoyed it because I felt like God was giving me support. Really going through what your going through, but I'm so hungry for God its not even funny. When I do get the free time, its when I should be sleeping and I tend not to read my Bible because reading gets me sleepy... Blast. I'm also looking for some support on this I guess =/ I know what I have to do I think though, be determined to set form a habit of reading the Bible. The hardest part to do anything can be getting starting - I'll pry grab a little notebook, and check off when I do my devotional/Bible reading. Not to say I don't do it already, but I skip some days on "purposely" going out of my way to read the Bible etc. I'm very visual and I think it'll help. Chyeah... we'll talk soon 0.o
[color="DimGray"]
[SIZE="1"][font="Arial Narrow"]....[/font][/SIZE]
[/color]
Reon

Postby LadyRushia » Thu May 21, 2009 7:09 am

As for sleeping a lot and not doing anything, try setting your alarm clock to something like 7AM and when you get up, just draw. I do that with writing and it's working pretty well.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Paul » Thu May 21, 2009 7:53 am

Well, if you are the type who likes a cup of coffee in the morning like I do, then try making two cups of coffee. One for you and one for God. That way it makes your morning time personal with him. Sounds a little crazy, yes, but it sure broke me into having morning prayer times. The idea here is to establish a routine with God. Once your in that routine (cup of coffee or not), you will soon find yourself in a habit of getting it done.

One of the things Satan tries to do is weasle our time with God away from us. We have to figth to keep it. That's what I do. If nothing else, it sure makes for an entertaining debate over "God's Cup" with the boyfriend or spouse. My wife likes to point out that one day I'm going to do that and that whole cup full of coffee is going to disappear right in front of me. I always tell her that if that happens, then I'm going to stop and tell God, "O.k. I'm listening." It's fun. But atleast I'm praying.

Just and idea.

I'm going to pm you with another idea for art. It's a little lengthy for this post but it's what keeps me busy drawing anime.
"You heart is free. Have the courage to follow it." -Malcom Wallace. (Braveheart)
Paul

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu May 21, 2009 8:15 am

I feel lazy and uninspired most of the time. >_>

I guess you should try to get some structure into your schedule-- like setting your alarm and getting up at the same time every day instead of just sleeping until whenever. That's what I've been doing and it helps a lot. But the internet keeps distracting me from doing anything. D:<
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Esoteric » Thu May 21, 2009 8:58 am

People can get burned-out from time to time. I know I went through a period where I was frustrated and exhausted and wanted to do nothing at all.

Try making some changes to your routine and relieve any pressures you may be under.

But that said, if this situation persists for more than a few months, you may want to seek therapy for depression (which can manifest in many ways, including a lack of motivation).
Esoteric

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Thu May 21, 2009 9:17 am

Since graduating college I've discovered that there is a lot to be said about a regular sleep schedule's effects on your body. When I was in college/working retail I was all over the place in terms of sleep and that did a number of different things to my body, not the least of which was sapping me of will to do a lot of stuff. :D

Working a regular 9-5 type job (Well 7-4, actually) has forced me in to a schedule that has actually done wonders for my ability to function as a human being.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby PrincessZelda » Thu May 21, 2009 10:01 am

Yeah, I've been like that lately too. I had such a busy semester I kept on telling myself it was just because I was so busy, and I'd be better once summer started. But summer's here, and I'm still exactly the same... XD;;
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Thu May 21, 2009 10:36 am

Kit, you're not the only one, hehe. I'm as lazy as ever. Right now I'm supposed to be looking for a backup job, but here I am on CAA! (Weak attention span after a hectic semester).

As of right now, I'm too lazy and uninspired to write, so I photomanipulate instead (which can be frustrating, but LOADS of fun).

As for time with God, I read a devotional book in the morning, because I'm too tired at night. Or busy on my laptop till 3am. Plus, you can start your day on a positive note.
[color=purple][font=Tahoma][color=royalblue]"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."--[/color]Isaiah 40:31
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby Cap'n Nick » Thu May 21, 2009 10:53 am

I'm sorry to read you're feeling uninspired. I've always been impressed by how much your art has improved since you joined the board, and how fast your progress has been. I distinctly remember thinking a few months ago that if you kept it up you could be any kind of artist you wanted.

No new advice here, but I'll be praying that you find your inspiration.
Cap'n Nick

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu May 21, 2009 11:01 am

Thank you guys SO MUCH for all the advice and support! The ideas are really great and probably better than what I'm doing now ^^; (I love staying up all night, but when I'm not doing anything like I used to...it feels like a waste ._.' ) So maybe a better schedule is all I really need?

Again, thanks you guys! I'll take all the advice I can get... I'm only in my twenties once...don't want to waste it sleeping! D8 I know my life should be more than this... I know I'm called to do more than this...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Anystazya » Fri May 22, 2009 10:26 am

Hm...everything that people so far have said is great, but I felt like putting in my piece, since I have gone through what sounds like this very recently.

Well, for me, I got very inspired just when going to church, or youth group, and feeling the atmosphere full of love for God. Like, the feelings of the people who were connecting with God made me want to become closer with Him, and praise Him so much more.

Also, when I have time, I'll go on an evening walk. Since my town is small and quiet, it's very calming, and I have a lot of time to discuss things with the Father. Those walks helped me out, by giving me that time with God.

Also what I did was read inspirational books, along with the Bible of course (reading Psalms is very good in those times, too). I don't know how people feel about the book The Shack, but in my personal opinion, it's very good and uplifting, and shows a real relationship with the Father, which is what I think we all need :)

And just remember that He is always there, and will help you with this :)
[color="Plum"]Do not let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good. - Job 40:2 NLT[/color]

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] [color="Purple"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]

[color="DarkOrchid"]~Anystazya~[/color]
Anystazya

Postby Anime_Guy_4ever » Sat May 23, 2009 1:05 am

Paul (post: 1313663) wrote:Well, if you are the type who likes a cup of coffee in the morning like I do, then try making two cups of coffee. One for you and one for God. That way it makes your morning time personal with him. Sounds a little crazy, yes, but it sure broke me into having morning prayer times. The idea here is to establish a routine with God. Once your in that routine (cup of coffee or not), you will soon find yourself in a habit of getting it done.

One of the things Satan tries to do is weasle our time with God away from us. We have to figth to keep it. That's what I do. If nothing else, it sure makes for an entertaining debate over "God's Cup" with the boyfriend or spouse. My wife likes to point out that one day I'm going to do that and that whole cup full of coffee is going to disappear right in front of me. I always tell her that if that happens, then I'm going to stop and tell God, "O.k. I'm listening." It's fun. But atleast I'm praying.

Just and idea.

This here is excellent advice! Lol I really like your cup of coffee idea and I am thinking about applying a similar idea for my routine time with God(I am not much of a coffee drinker...). In the past year I have established a very strong routine of devotions and prayer with God every day, and one of the most important (and hardest) parts of this process was first establishing the routine. So a innovative idea like "God's Cup" of coffee seems to be a very wise course of action.

I too have lately have had some problems with motivation, and hopefully I will be able to set up some routines this summer(especially a sleeping routine) that will enable me to be the most effective influence for God that I can be. Thanks for the ideas :thumb:
*Wanders off to peruse yet another thread*

2 Tim. 3:16-17(NIV) "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

[color="Red"]@[/color][color="Green"])}~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
Anime_Guy_4ever

Postby Reon » Sat May 23, 2009 5:33 am

Paul (post: 1313663) wrote:Well, if you are the type who likes a cup of coffee in the morning like I do, then try making two cups of coffee. One for you and one for God. That way it makes your morning time personal with him. Sounds a little crazy, yes, but it sure broke me into having morning prayer times. The idea here is to establish a routine with God. Once your in that routine (cup of coffee or not), you will soon find yourself in a habit of getting it done.

Just and idea.

I'm going to pm you with another idea for art. It's a little lengthy for this post but it's what keeps me busy drawing anime.

Agreed with Anime_4ever - this is an amazing idea. Including the fact that I already work at Starbucks and this is something I'm good at making... lol. A friend once told me so many people want to hear from God, yet though don't listen or put time aside in their day. You don't go up to a friend saying "I'm dieing to hear from you!" and then turn around and go back to what you were doing. Are you doing that to God? It's something I definitely need more of in my life and I value your advice Paul.

I liked Christines comment too, were called to more ... I'd definitely agree with that in my life and know thats one of the things I'm striving for - so many things are battling to become more important and it can definitely be difficult - I just remember Christ didn't say his yolk was easy and his burden was light for nothing ^^
[color="DimGray"]
[SIZE="1"][font="Arial Narrow"]....[/font][/SIZE]
[/color]
Reon

Postby RFC » Sat May 23, 2009 3:55 pm

I can truly understand this feeling.

This past college semester was the worst I've ever had and now that it's all over I feel drained and uninspired.
But I think I know the root of my issue and the solution. For me, I always get inspiration again when I draw close to Jesus. So if I'm feeling burnt out it's often because I'm not spending as much time with him. :sweat:

See, I have a hard time concentrating in the mornings so I do most of my Bible reading right before bed. It works out for me because I get to sleep slowly, giving me time to think about what I read and to pray.
Of course this works well as long as I'm not TOO tired when I start reading. And lately I've been staying up later than I should and.... yeah...

So with me, I need to get to bed sooner. I'm not sure this helps anyone else, but there you have it :)
[color="Plum"]Jesus Freak Forever!![/color]
Proud creator of the Fakir Girls! (To visit our forum: click on the banner)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Pink"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~[/color] [color="Plum"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators[/color]
"MOES:You gotta know when to hold it, know when you've scrolled it."
[color="PaleGreen"]Con List: Anime L.A. 2008, Saboten Con 2009, Con-Nichiwa 2010[/color]
RFC

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat May 23, 2009 8:46 pm

RFC (post: 1314201) wrote:I can truly understand this feeling.

This past college semester was the worst I've ever had and now that it's all over I feel drained and uninspired.
But I think I know the root of my issue and the solution. For me, I always get inspiration again when I draw close to Jesus. So if I'm feeling burnt out it's often because I'm not spending as much time with him. :sweat:

See, I have a hard time concentrating in the mornings so I do most of my Bible reading right before bed. It works out for me because I get to sleep slowly, giving me time to think about what I read and to pray.
Of course this works well as long as I'm not TOO tired when I start reading. And lately I've been staying up later than I should and.... yeah...

So with me, I need to get to bed sooner. I'm not sure this helps anyone else, but there you have it :)

yah, I see what you mean XD. I think for me, for it to ever work i'll need to do it in the morning... ^^;

just gotta wake up before noon to do it...and not treat it like a "routine"
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Anime_Guy_4ever » Sat May 23, 2009 11:36 pm

[quote="ChristianKitsune (post: 1314259)"]yah, I see what you mean XD. I think for me, for it to ever work i'll need to do it in the morning... ^^]

I agree with you here about the morning... For me the morning is by far the most effective time for me to spend time with God, in order for this time to effect the rest of my day...

I do want to mention though, that even though I love spending time in God's word and doing devotions focused on Him, it can be hard to always set aside time for it if I have not planned the time to some degree(such as with a routine). Unfortunately I will not always feel like I should, in regards to spending my time with God because I am not(and will never be in this life) perfect... So I agree that one must not treat their relationship with God as something that is merely a "routine", but setting up a routine time to spend with Him is a good practical way to really develop that relationship with God. The more I spend my time meditating and learning about the nature of God and His word the more I will long for that time, but this feeling does not develop instantly.

Sorry if that was confusing, but maybe it will be helpful for some... I know advice like this was helpful for me to really begin growing in my relationship with God...
*Wanders off to peruse yet another thread*

2 Tim. 3:16-17(NIV) "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

[color="Red"]@[/color][color="Green"])}~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
Anime_Guy_4ever

Return to General