Proud Parent Brags About Kid! Read All About it!

Talk about anything in here.

Proud Parent Brags About Kid! Read All About it!

Postby EricTheFred » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:45 am

This morning, my son Edward mailed in his acceptance paperwork to attend Southern Methodist University beginning in the fall. Despite the fact this is going to cost me dearly, I'm incredibly proud of the kid, and I can't keep it to myself.

He will be attending the music school, majoring in Double Bass Performance. SMU's music school is not one of the better known ones, but it has an excellent orchestral program and a first-rate bass teacher, Tom Lederer.

Half the time I don't know whether to strangle the kid or hug him (he obstinantly refuses to stop being a seventeen-year-old with ADHD) but I'll never stop being thankful that the Lord let us have him. It's been seventeen years of blessings and still counting.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:48 am

Congratulations! That must be exciting for both of you!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby LadyRushia » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:58 am

Congrats! My room mate is a music major at my school and it's really intense, but good for him for going for it! Hopefully it turns out well for him.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:52 am

Congradulations! As a music minor I know some of the hard work music majors face, and knowing many music majors, I know exactly what they have to go through! I commend your son for taking on such a challenging major, but I'm sure he'll do you proud and do just fine, especially if its something he really loves!

(I personally think music majors are a bit crazy to choose the major knowing the work load it'll be, but that's just because its not for me XD)

Congrats again! ^_^
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Technomancer » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:56 am

Best of luck to him!
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Sae-chan » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:08 am

Congrats! That's awesome!
Sae-chan

Postby Lilac#18 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:30 am

Congratulations.:)
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Peanut » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:37 am

Congratulations and best of luck to him.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:55 am

Please give him my congratulations ^___^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Dante » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:37 pm

Congratulations!

he obstinantly refuses to stop being a seventeen-year-old with ADHD

- A first rate sign of genius... they may claim that we are distracted... but it's what we are distracted with that scares them @_@! WORLD DOMINATION IS WHAT I THINK! MWAH AH HA HA!!!

(Is currently guilty of listening to Dr. Steel while typing on CAA, checking his e-mail thinking about the use of an over-sized laser cannon to take over a small town while pecking away at advanced mathematics problems and thinking that it might be a funner time to try out some XNA... err... pogramming for my thesis... YEAH THAT WOULD BE COOL! Err... back to math though cause I have to :(... For me, Attention Deficit is a gift not a curse... :D You just have to harness that immense imagination towards your dreams... and terrifying things happen... world domination... definitely world domination :P)
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Sheenar » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:26 pm

Congratulations, Eric and son Edward! I've heard great things about SMU and I wish him the best of luck in his studies!
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby ADXC » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:16 pm

Congratulations to your son! I hope he does well because if he is taking Music Theory, he will need all the help he can get!
ADXC

Postby sharien chan » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:19 pm

That is so awesome and impressive! Congrats!
sharien chan

Postby Shilohan ninja » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:06 pm

Cool beans! At least he'll be graduating from SMU and not MSU. Seriously, though, Congrats!
Shilohan ninja

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:36 pm

Congratulations, Edward! <(^_^)>
[color=purple][font=Tahoma][color=royalblue]"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."--[/color]Isaiah 40:31
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby Kaligraphic » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:40 pm

Congratulations! And don't worry - most kids move on from the whole seventeen-year-old bit after about a year.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:31 am

ADXC (post: 1307666) wrote: I hope he does well because if he is taking Music Theory, he will need all the help he can get!

Amen! XD

But seriously, he might be one of those people who's really good at theory and catches on quickly! Besides that, even if he doesn't, he'll get the hang of it eventually and it'll come easier the more theory work he does.
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby That Dude » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:49 am

Congrats to your kid!
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby EricTheFred » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:00 am

Edward's thanks to all; I've passed it on to him.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Return to General