Cosplay?

Talk about anything in here.

Cosplay?

Postby king atlantis » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:57 pm

sorry if this is out of place, BUT

does any one here cosplay? i did my first one at Katsu and am now hooked...allready started on my Viral for san diego :)
im a back.
king atlantis

Postby Robin Firedrake » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:52 pm

Actually I don't even know what cosplay IS. Mind explaining?
Robin Firedrake

Postby ashfire » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:16 pm

I have cosplay as a Japanese firefighter and EMS provider.
Neko Con this year is doing a western theme so I believe there will many attendees cosplaying as western figures, like cowboys, western lawmen, schoolmarms and lady cattleranchers.
I am working on what I will have to put together for my cosplay outfit.
I already have a couple of cowboy hats and a derby hat.
ashfire

Postby king atlantis » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Actually I don't even know what cosplay IS. Mind explaining?

in short, its when people go to Conventions dressed as their favorite characters, although its MUCH more than that.

Im going to san diego comic con as pre time skip Viral lol
im a back.
king atlantis

Postby Benn » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:47 pm

Robin Firedrake (post: 1294243) wrote:Actually I don't even know what cosplay IS. Mind explaining?

Cosplay is a play on words costume play. It's where people dress up as their favorite characters.

Some people love making the costumes, some people like pretending to be their favorite character, a few do it because they think it's the in thing to do.
Benn

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:54 pm

Cosplaying is a typical part of life as an otaku.

....the last person I cosplayed as was Woo-yah from Shamen Showdown....I'm thinking about going as Dark Mousy in convention this year.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Benn » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:59 pm

king atlantis (post: 1294189) wrote:sorry if this is out of place, BUT

does any one here cosplay? i did my first one at Katsu and am now hooked...allready started on my Viral for san diego :)

I've cosplayed once as Lion-san from Twin Spica. I hope to do another cosplay this year.
Benn

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:24 pm

Phantom_Sorano (post: 1294304) wrote:Cosplaying is a typical part of life as an otaku.

I disagree.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Robin Firedrake » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:46 pm

Mmm... Well I'm pretty sure I've never done it before but I am curious as to what it's like.
Robin Firedrake

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:44 pm

Well, if you wanna see some in action these two sites are good places to go:
Cosplay.com
Cosplay Lab.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Purplefire » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:32 am

I was a cosplayer for the first time back in September at a local manga shop, which was fun. I went as Lavi from D.Gray-man and my kids went as young Sora and Kairi from Kingdom Hearts. It was a lot of fun, especially when my kids took third place in the cosplay contest. :)

I've gotten a bit ambitious for cosplaying this year as I am planning to have the family cosplay the main four characters from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle at a con. We cosplay for fun since we like to take on other characters.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Blue"]
^My webcomic[/color]
[color="Magenta"]"Try having pastries as your hair style." ~Purplefire[/color]
[color="Cyan"]"If you throw us in the fire, the God we serve can rescue us from your roaring furnace and anything else you might cook up, O king. But even if he doesn't, it wouldn't make a bit of difference, O king. We still wouldn't serve your gods or worship the gold statue you set up." Daniel 3:17-18[/color]
Purplefire

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:37 am

I have been one for a few years now.

But I don't dress up as any characters. But cosplay in the uniforms from some animes and video games.

I wore the FMA dress uniform that you see in ep 25 of FMA and the dress uniform from Final Fantasy VIII ball dance scene.

The FMA dress uniform is now retired, but I may have one done up again in a few years in a full navy color version.

I hope to have at least four uniforms, FF VIII dress uniform, FMA dress uniform and two others.

Right now, the other two that I plan to have down the road are, Macross pilot uniform, Gundam Zeon uniform (close to what Anavel Gato had) or the Zeon Red uniform.

Then again, with the new UC Gundam that will be coming out sometime down the road, there maybe a uniform in it that I may want to try.

[color="Red"][font="Book Antiqua"]Col. Roy Mustang[/font][/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby Benn » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:55 pm

Robin Firedrake (post: 1294327) wrote:Mmm... Well I'm pretty sure I've never done it before but I am curious as to what it's like.

Hey Robin... you inspired a new thread. ^^

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=51919
Benn

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:I disagree.

Now before you go denying anything, I have pictures of you as Dr. Tenma and Friend.

I cosplay too. I've done Vincent from Silent Hill 3, Shounen Bat from Paranoia Agent, and a stupid little idea I had called Emo Samurai (a play on Afro Samurai). I don't count my first cosplay (Harry Mason from Silent Hill 1) because I wasn't at all happy with the way it turned out.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Benn » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:20 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1294320) wrote:I disagree.

You're right. Not everyone who is an otaku cosplays. It's just like not everyone who is an otaku builds gunpla (gundam models).
Benn

Return to General