AMV Contest?

Talk about anything in here.

AMV Contest?

Postby Sparx00 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:29 pm

Anybody up for one? I thought I'd ask before carrying out the task.

What do you guys think about this? (Admins, I would like to hear from you too please. :) )
You wish you could shred like me.
Sparx00

Postby Sparx00 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:47 am

Hello? Can I get a reply?? :eh:
Sparx00

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:58 am

Sounds interesting... maybe if you provided a little more information about your idea someone would respond/be willing to participate.
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Sparx00 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:07 pm

Well, I just wanted to know in particular if it'd be cool with the admins as well as the members to have an AMV contest. As for Information, to enter the AMV contest, all you have to do is post in a future thread that you will be entering. (But for now, this thread is acting as a type of survey to see if it would be a good idea, and how many people are willing to participate.) Contestants will be required to have an AMV to enter. (But for those who are not so creative, you may *Ahem* "Borrow" an AMV (e.g, from youtube). But make sure the original creators of the AMV get the credit for making it.) The winner of the contest will be determined by a voting process. Further information will be released once the contest has the green for go.
Sparx00

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:14 pm

I think we try to stay away from AMV's here. Due to the legalities of the materials used to make an AMV.. Or, something like that :-?

*Made a thread about AMVs and got that answer as well* ^_^;
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Sparx00 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:16 pm

Tsukuyomi (post: 1291162) wrote:I think we try to stay away from AMV's here. Due to the legalities of the materials used to make an AMV.. Or, something like that :-?

This is exactly why I made this thread in the first place. ;)

Other member's inputs are important so I made this thread first.
Sparx00

Postby GeneD » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:52 am

I probably won't be entering, but if your contest does happen, I would suggest splitting the "borrow" and self made category.

Not that I want to make an issue out of it, but we seem to allow fanfics and fanart. Although those aren't taking someone else's exact work and just manipulating it...Just a thought.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Sparx00 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:57 am

I probably won't be entering, but if your contest does happen, I would suggest splitting the "borrow" and self made category

I was planning on doing that actually. But if there aren't enough original entries, I might end up smooshing the two categories together at the end. But first to make this happen, we're gonna need more people to post. Plus we need an administrator to make sure It's cool to do this. (Might PM one)
Sparx00

Postby animaniac » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:46 pm

i dont know how to make them i have an eye for quality though
animaniac

Postby Sparx00 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:23 am

Well, due to the fact we might have trouble with copyright laws if we do this, the Admins have decided not to have a CAA AMV contest. I hope you guys can understand.
Sparx00

Return to General