Richardo Montalban RIP

Talk about anything in here.

Richardo Montalban RIP

Postby rocklobster » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:45 am

I just heard that Ricadro Montalban died. I have only one thing to say...
[SIZE="7"]KHAN![/SIZE]
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:16 pm

Who?
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:26 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1286116) wrote:Who?

Wiki much, MSP?

Ricardo Montalbán is a pretty famous actor, most often known for his portrayal as Mr. Roarke on the TV Show "Fantasy Island" and very well known to Trekkies as Khan Noonian Singh in the Star Trek episode "Space Seed" and the movie Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

That being said, when I first heard about his passing, it hurt, but when God calls you home, it's for a good reason.
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Tarnish » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:41 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1286116) wrote:Who?

wow you are soooo edgy. Are you one of those people who still pretends to not know who Paris Hilton is, also?

Anyway. He was just some guy who played the most awesome villain on both Star Trek *and* Freakazoid. Heard about it a while back, and it made me sad. That never happens with me and celebrities.
Tarnish

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:12 pm

Heh, I had no idea who either :P

RIP nonetheless.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:12 pm

Tarnish (post: 1286140) wrote:wow you are soooo edgy. Are you one of those people who still pretends to not know who Paris Hilton is, also?

Anyway. He was just some guy who played the most awesome villain on both Star Trek *and* Freakazoid. Heard about it a while back, and it made me sad. That never happens with me and celebrities.

So. Am I missing something, or are you just being a jerk? Seriously now, I would have no idea who Montalban was by name without the link to Khan. It's surprising that even has any significance for me considering I've never seen any of the Star Trek movies (except for maybe part of Generations) and couldn't care less about them. Believe it or not, it is possible to have not heard of someone you've heard of.

That said, any death is sad, and I feel for all those who connect with him, whether it is because of his work or family and friends.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:16 pm

Tarnish (post: 1286140) wrote:wow you are soooo edgy. Are you one of those people who still pretends to not know who Paris Hilton is, also?

Lol no seriously. During the superbowl, I asked my friends who Bruce Springsteen was...

They all thought I was crazy.

Anyway... HE WAS ON FREAKAZOID? R U FO REELS?
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby ich1990 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:30 pm

Who is Bruce Springsteen? I don't watch the halftime show anyway.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby KagayakiWashi » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:13 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1286153) wrote:Lol no seriously. During the superbowl, I asked my friends who Bruce Springsteen was...

Yeah, he played Gutierrez....even referencing his role as Khan several times.
Man, I hate that....his voice was SO cool!
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby Tarnish » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:17 pm

Raiden, the guy comes into a thread about the DEATH OF A PERSON, and then proceeds to say "Who?" like a jerk, instead of doing a simple ten second Google search or shutting up. Maybe he didn't mean it that way, sure, but that's definitely the way it came off.

Seriously, what's your deal? If you cause a thread about Mr. Montalban to be locked, so help me, I will reach over the internet and slap some sense into you.
Tarnish

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:01 pm

Tarnish (post: 1286179) wrote:Raiden, the guy comes into a thread about the DEATH OF A PERSON, and then proceeds to say "Who?" like a jerk, instead of doing a simple ten second Google search or shutting up. Maybe he didn't mean it that way, sure, but that's definitely the way it came off.

Seriously, what's your deal? If you cause a thread about Mr. Montalban to be locked, so help me, I will reach over the internet and slap some sense into you.

Fair enough. You're right. I apologize for my behavior.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:20 pm

Tarnish (post: 1286179) wrote:Raiden, the guy comes into a thread about the DEATH OF A PERSON, and then proceeds to say "Who?" like a jerk, instead of doing a simple ten second Google search or shutting up. Maybe he didn't mean it that way, sure, but that's definitely the way it came off.

I am humbled by your cool-headed maturity.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:57 pm

It's okay, Rai. Let's chillax. I apologized for what I said. Let's leave it at that.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Tarnish » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:20 pm

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1286197) wrote:I am humbled by your cool-headed maturity.

.rai//

Thank you. It's about time you--

Heyyyy...I see what you did there, you sly little devil! But you do realize that's exactly the same attitude you berated me for using, right?
Tarnish

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:36 pm

Cutting the rest of this conversation off before it can start up again. Please let the rest of the thread be about the man it's meant to be about, and not your arguments with each other, which are more suited for PM anyways.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Whitefang » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:59 pm

I loved Khan. I have to admit I'm not too familiar with his career, though.

I had a Khan moment during the superbowl, when I had to vent frustration at Santonio Holmes for being too awesome. Thanks Richardo! Requiescat in Pace.
"It's not easy to act in the name of justice."

"Justice is not the only right in this world"
Whitefang

Postby Kurama » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:19 am

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1286153) wrote:Lol no seriously. During the superbowl, I asked my friends who Bruce Springsteen was...

NO NOT HIM!!!!!! ;-;

RIP. ;____;
Kurama

Postby soul alive » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:42 am

Oh, sad to hear. I always enjoyed seeing him in old movies, and laughing at me mum when she said he was dreamy.

And, I totally didn't realize that he also was Señor Senior Sr. in Kim Possible, huh.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Return to General