What should I do?

Talk about anything in here.

What should I do?

Postby Lil_Ninja » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:33 am

So here's the deal.

I feel like I need to do something, or make something, or help someone, or be creative somehow.. Idk.. And I keep getting really energetic and anxious (not the usual anxiety/anxiousness) about it, but every time I do take a shot at something, whether it be making a story, being artsy, etc, I still have the feeling, like it wasn't what I needed/wanted to do. And other times, when I try to think of what I do want to do, my mind is totally blank (which is unusual).
I've prayed about it, asking what God wants me to put my time and energy into, and what it is I feel I need/want to do, but the feeling never goes away.. But it's not constant, it's more on and off randomly.
It's like it keeps coming back when I get energetic, or happy, or start getting into God's presence (like after worship sometimes), stuff like that.
I'm not quite sure if I should just ignore it (which I don't want to do) or just keep consistently praying about it or what.. Grr..

So here's were you people come in.
What do you think is going on, and what I should do?? :stressed:
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
[color="cyan"][SIZE="5"]42[/SIZE][/color]
[color="royalBlue"][SIZE="1"]The meaning of life,
the universe,
and everything.[/SIZE][/color]
Lil_Ninja

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:55 am

The two best suggestions I have are:

1) Learn to dance. I suggest swing dancing.

2) Learn to play a musical instrument.

Both are very creative, wonderful things to do, and you will be a better person for it.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Amzi Live » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:29 am

Think on something you just like doing which could also be productive. Maybe you'd like to build up a skill.
If you feel like wanting to do something for God then what you're doing praying asking for directions is great.What you can do meanwhile is keep getting closer to God.
I've felt like that also,and usually it's just me getting exited about what I could become in the future.That's great cause it gives one motivation to keep going on,and continue trying at what your going for.
[font="Arial Narrow"] Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. Psalm86:11[/font]
Proud lurker? Join MOES,and help us stay cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Postby Purplefire » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:58 pm

What are your passions? What really motivates you? What makes you excited to serve God? Making art for others? Telling stories? Singing? Teaching Bible stories to young children? Knitting blankets for babies born from crisis pregnancies?
I would go with something that you are passionate about and start seeking how you could give glory to God while doing it. Woohoo!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Blue"]
^My webcomic[/color]
[color="Magenta"]"Try having pastries as your hair style." ~Purplefire[/color]
[color="Cyan"]"If you throw us in the fire, the God we serve can rescue us from your roaring furnace and anything else you might cook up, O king. But even if he doesn't, it wouldn't make a bit of difference, O king. We still wouldn't serve your gods or worship the gold statue you set up." Daniel 3:17-18[/color]
Purplefire

Postby PrincessZelda » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:43 pm

Well, I would suggest to continue praying about it. And maybe you should try some new things, maybe find more things that you're good at and like to do.
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby Sparx00 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:17 pm

You're not the only one who has feelings like that. I have them as well. What I think it is (for me at least) is God calling me to something. A ministry if you will. And I'm just as crazed about finding what I'm supposed to be doing as much as you are. Like Amzi and Zelda said, you should pray about it. But don't give up just because it's not being answered right away. Something like this takes time. I would know... :sweat:

Plus what Purplefire said, What ever your passions are you should search for the one that you think might be right and ask God about it. Or more over, Ask God to reveal it to you. Hope I was of some help to you oh small-ish one. :thumb:

Oh and PM me if you ever wanna talk about it more.
You wish you could shred like me.
Sparx00

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:28 pm

I'm thinking you've hit the point in your life where you're restless and should just try different things out ^ ^ This may sound a bit weird, but if one thing doesn't work out.. Then, try another :)
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Scarecrow » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:57 am

SKY DIVING!!! Or Racing. I've felt the same way to be honest. Everything I do I feel I should be doing something more important and nothing excites me much anymore.

But Skydiving hit the spot!! Its easy to do, anyone can (its just expensive starting out >.>) and theres nothing like it in the world. Sigh. I wanna get up to 200 jumps and start BASE jumping which sounds even more awesome (thats like jumping off cliffs/bridges/etc instead of out of a plane... but it's a lot more dangerous cause of the smaller amount of time you have to open your chute and usually no room for error if your primary parachute messes up... so you have to be an experienced skydiver... which I am not... yet)

Also, my uncle whos into cars is gonna take me down to the tracks after I buy my own car (I have one its just.. its junk really. And not a stick! I need a stick shift!!) and I'm gonna do their driving class and of course race (ya race the car you bring).

And my uncle also wants me to get a pilots license (he already has his and a plane) so we can fly out to the Skydiving drop-zones. Which sounds like fun. Flying a small plane.

I don't know but I'm sure one of those three will cure your restlessness ^_^
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Lil_Ninja » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:34 am

Raiden no Kishi wrote:1) Learn to dance. I suggest swing dancing.

Yeah, my brother would be thrilled at that post lol. He's been trying to get me to dance for a while, but I'm afraid of the flipping! XP

I am attempting to learn to dance though. A li'l bit.

Scarecrow wrote: SKY DIVING!!! Or Racing.

XDDD

I'm sorry, but not a chance.

PurpleFire wrote: I would go with something that you are passionate about and start seeking how you could give glory to God while doing it

Yeah, I've been trying to do that with stories, but they usually fail.. Or my brain dies and the story with it XP

~~

But anyway, thank you all! This helps ^^

Now it's the problem of trying to find what I actually want to do.. >_<
[SIZE="5"][color="Blue"]~[/color][color="Lime"]K[/color][color="Blue"]Y[/color][color="Lime"]L[/color][color="blue"]L[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]H[/color][color="lime"]A[/color][color="blue"]N[/color][color="blue"]~[/color][/SIZE]
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Sparx00 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:50 am

And that would be where the praying part comes in.
Sparx00

Postby Lil_Ninja » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:06 pm

Yuperz ^^
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby That Dude » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:02 pm

I'll second what Tsuki said. Just get out there and do a whole lot of things. I think that this is part of what the bible talks about in Ecclesiastes 11.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:47 pm

Pick one of the first things that catches your eye and run with it. If there's one thing that I have been learning, it's that spontaneity adds spice to life.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Dante » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:49 pm

I feel like I need to do something, or make something, or help someone, or be creative somehow.. Idk.. And I keep getting really energetic and anxious (not the usual anxiety/anxiousness) about it, but every time I do take a shot at something, whether it be making a story, being artsy, etc, I still have the feeling, like it wasn't what I needed/wanted to do. And other times, when I try to think of what I do want to do, my mind is totally blank (which is unusual).

Enjoy what you feel at the moment, if you want to write, write, if you want to draw draw... forcing yourself to do anything is only an excellent way to kill creativity, letting creativity flow is the best way to inspire it!
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:21 pm

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1270340) wrote:Pick one of the first things that catches your eye and run with it. If there's one thing that I have been learning, it's that spontaneity adds spice to life.

.rai//

I agree with this ^ ^

It's kinda like when you go shopping.. kinda XD I only buy something that catches my eye ^ ^ I see alot of other things that are "ok" looking, but the "I have to have it" isn't there ^ ^

Hmmm, now I'm not sure if that can even be put to this type of situation XD?
Pascal (post: 1270373) wrote:Enjoy what you feel at the moment, if you want to write, write, if you want to draw draw... forcing yourself to do anything is only an excellent way to kill creativity, letting creativity flow is the best way to inspire it!

I agree with this too \o.o/

Creativity comes easier when not forced ^__^

As for some suggestions.. How about taking up crocheting, sewing, or knitting ^__^?
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Lil_Ninja » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:29 am

Raiden and Pascal: Yeah, I'll try that ^^

T: I cannot crochet yet, but I can knit and sew (I'm going to be making another doll soon ^^)

I was thinking of just drawing and writing more for now, and when I find something else I'd like to pursue, I'll go for that ^^
the universe,
Lil_Ninja

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:46 am

Do it while you're moticated to, but don't force it if you do lose motivation :) Just, try different things out :)

Annnnnd, I see that you're taking part in UC's NOT game proposal, so that should keep you occupied some too 8D
Tsukuyomi

Postby rocklobster » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:03 am

Doubt and faith are actually always going to go together. It's a fact of life. Just trust in God, and you'll see what needs to be done.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mave » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:07 am

I can't tell you what to do with your energy and enthusiasm. I guess you're still finding out what your passion is in so I guess we should encourage you to explore experiences/hobbies/ministries as much as possible.

I can tell you mine: It's mostly creating stories and drawing them in comic form. I also enjoy singing and dancing. I do the sing/dance thing in the privacy of my own bedroom though to save myself from embarrassment. LOL
Mave

Postby Sparx00 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:06 am

You could always try VBS at your church if you have that kinda thing. I did VBS in Mexico and it was a blast! I had more fun with the kids down there, then I EVER would have had with anything else in the world.
Sparx00

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:33 pm

Mave (post: 1270423) wrote:I can't tell you what to do with your energy and enthusiasm. I guess you're still finding out what your passion is in so I guess we should encourage you to explore experiences/hobbies/ministries as much as possible.

I can tell you mine: It's mostly creating stories and drawing them in comic form. I also enjoy singing and dancing. I do the sing/dance thing in the privacy of my own bedroom though to save myself from embarrassment. LOL

IT'S YOU :hug:

Ahem u_u I mean, I so know where you're coming from with the whole "Singing in the privacy of my room" thing u_u/

You said you liked to write, right? Have you tried writing poetry? Orrrrrrrrr, making pottery XDD?
Tsukuyomi

Return to General