Cosplayers for Christ!

Talk about anything in here.

Cosplayers for Christ!

Postby Bekalou » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:46 pm

Are there any other cosplayers here? I want to get to know you! What got you into cosplay? Why do you cosplay? How do you choose the characters you cosplay? Do you think cosplay has impacted your relationship with Christ and other people, and if so, how??

Post your thoughts!!
Bekalou

Postby minakichan » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:26 pm

I thought something completely different when I read this.

I want to get into cosplay; I've done it once (as Odin from Romeo X Juliet), have 3 to do this year. I got into it just because I found really awesome characters and thought, "DANG I HAVE TO COSPLAY AS THIS PERSON" for years, but only decided to get up and try it when I had friends pushing me into it. I'm hoping to cosplay Cure Black from Pretty Cure, Ayuzawa Misaki from Kaichou wa Maid-Sama!, and Kurosaki from Kurosagi (2 really girly girls, and then a dark and depressed guy XD).

Considering that I've never cosplayed the Virgin Mary or something, it pretty much has absolutely nothing to do with my faith. .___________.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby AsianBlossom » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:34 pm

Hmm...I cosplayed as Nausicaa for my 17th birthday. Wasn't too impressive, but I did it for fun. And I'd like to do others in the future, like Trucy Wright and maybe Tohru Honda, if I feel like it.

I've dressed up as St. Therese before if that counts for the Faith aspect. As for any other cosplaying, sad to say I'm just a newbie at it.
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby Bekalou » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:03 pm

When I ask how you think cosplay has impacted your walk with Christ, I don't mean "Christian" cosplay or anything necessarily like that - I'm wondering how God has used your interest in cosplay to help you grow.

For instance, cosplay has helped me develop a talent that I love because of the gifts that God gave me, and over the past year while I've been cosplaying I've made some really good non-Christian friends with whom I can share Christ's love just by being their friend and hanging out and cosplaying with them. Also, when I cosplay I tend to examine the characters more closely, and I feel like I can learn things through them, even if they don't necessarily have Christian connections.
I also realized recently that while I love cosplay, the characters I choose may not always represent what God wants for humanity. This has caused me some worry, especially when I'm considering cosplaying a character from a series with "darker" themes, but I do believe that even these fallen characters can show the need for Christ's love, even without being explicitly "religious" about it.
Bekalou

Postby ashfire » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:28 pm

I have always cosplay as the same character at cons. A member of the Japanese fire dept service. A ambulance worker or a rescue firefighter.
I carry a bag with first aid equipment so I have at times help attendees at the cons when they have been sick or get injuried before the local fire dept rescue service gets there.
I have had people come looking for me when someone needs help.
I do keep my EMS training up because for my own volunteer fire company even thou I don't ride the units anymore but it is good to be ready if out on the road or at work.
So I guess I am the Good Samaritan.
ashfire

Postby Lady Kenshin » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:58 pm

I love cosplay!

I've never actually done it, though...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's okay to be a fanfiction author... http://www.fanfiction.net/~loveslabourswon
Lady Kenshin

Postby Bekalou » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:00 pm

Lady Kenshin (post: 1263924) wrote:I love cosplay!

You should! It's super fun ^_^
Bekalou

Postby GeneD » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:07 am

I've only cosplayed once as Rukia from Bleach. It was fairly easy and it looked good considering my friend and I put it together in a week (not advisable).

I'll not that fond of it and will probably only do about one a year. Can't say that anything spiritual came of it though.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Gabriel 9.0 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:02 am

I dressed up as Duke from GI Joe one Halloween.
Some of my favorite scriptures.

Psalm91
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Hebrews 4-4
1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

James 4
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Gabriel 9.0

Postby AJV » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:36 am

Lady Kenshin (post: 1263924) wrote:I love cosplay!

Me too!:sweat:
I plan on cosplaying as Tobi (from Naruto), but I haven't had the time to actually make the costume and stuff like that.
I not sure where I'd wear it since I not sure if there's any AnimeCons close by where I live.
But I think it would be really fun, especially if I ever ran into one (or more) of you guys there.:)

I've considered cosplaying as some other character like Sasori,Itachi, and even Sai.
[url=ajvsblog.blogspot.com]Image[/url]ImageImage
AJV

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:05 am

I cosplayed the last two anime expos as Tyki Mikk from D. Grey-Man, and Hibari from Reborn! at the most recent one as well.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby LetThereBeRaito » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:27 am

Hiya! Im gojng to london mcm expo next saturday and sunday and im going as Ruki from gazette and my fiance is going as Reita lol. its our first cosplay so im really looking forward to it:P
Im not sure if it has any relations to my faith 0.o
anybody else going to expo?
LetThereBeRaito

Postby Song_of_Storms » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:38 pm

Bekalou-chan, do you cosplay? 8D

I want to cosplay, and I have everything I need, but I just can't decide on who! (I'm thinking Faulklin from Shining Force EXA... his costume doesn't seem like it would be so much trouble)
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby Aletheia » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:59 pm

I have never cosplayed before, but I took so many pictures of cosplayers at Otakon last summer. I want to do a cosplay next year. I kept switching between different characters, and finally settled on Himura Kenshin, because 1, he's awesome, and 2, I didn't see any Kenshin cosplays at Otakon last summer. I'm making the whole thing myself, sewing the kimono and everything, so this may end up being to difficult for me, but I shall try my best. :grin: My sister is going to go as Misao, also from Rurouni Kenshin, so that should be fun. We're trying to convince our brother to do Sanosuke, but he's being noncommittal as usual. :eyeroll:

As for faith, I haven't really done it yet, so I don't know. I guess I will find out.
MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Aletheia

Return to General