Inter-Denominational Love?

Talk about anything in here.

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:25 pm

Well, all in all I think the hearts in the head XP

[SIZE="1"] You wanna sink, so I'm gonna let you. [/SIZE]

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby That Dude » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:42 am

I'm pretty passionate about theology and would consider myself under the "reformed" or "Calvinist" label.

The girl I am pursuing is passionate about theology and considers herself "Armenian."

I put some deep prayer into this before I started pursuing her, because of the obvious doctrinal differences. But God gave me the ok about it and so far things have been really good. Though there are one or two things that I don't think that we might ever agree on, it's been interesting and has helped me grow in my faith. Seeing her points of view and debating on some of the issues has shown us a lot about what we really believe. (We agree on the end point usually, just differ on how to get there.) Anyway I honestly wouldn't really recommend dating or pursuing someone with very different doctrines if they really mean something to that person...But it can be done and as long as your following God and what He says in the scriptures than, though there may be hard times, God will bless the relationship.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby xblack_x_rosesx » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:58 pm

I started pursuing her

--

I love how that sounds. You never hear someone say "pursuing" anymore. I love that combination of words ^^

[SIZE="1"] You wanna sink, so I'm gonna let you. [/SIZE]

[DA hooray.]
xblack_x_rosesx

Postby king atlantis » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:08 pm

LadyRushia (post: 1256515) wrote:That's a little ridiculous of your friends. Denominations shouldn't divide us like that since we're all part of Christ's Church.

/ this.

however...i call a differentation to mormons. and...currently *sorta- its complicated* with a catholic, and im protestant...some dissagreements do accure, but nothig major. but it can be...diffficult at times.

btw-im not sure what differentation means, or if its realy a word. but, you should know what it means, so lets just go with it.
im a back.
king atlantis

Postby ADXC » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:53 pm

OFF TOPIC

@ king atlantis- Differentation isn't a word; however, differentiation is. Im not sure if it will have the same meaning though. To me it sounds like it does, but Im not sure. Sorry about that, I just had figure out if it was a word or not.(Sorta a habit of mine.)

And sorry for going off topic.
ADXC

Postby Ashley » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:49 am

The very word "denomination" is problematic because people interpret it in different ways, particularly in regard to Catholics, Mormons, and Jehovah's Witnesses. My personal view of denominations is rather low when it comes to things like this, however, I try to be positive and imagine that God has allowed them so that people of all temperments and personalities would be able to hear His word clearly.

Remember, though, that (at least in the initial post), we weren't talking about a Mormon dating a Baptist, or a Methodist dating a Catholic. We were talking about two mainline (and fairly conservative) Protestant denominations.
Ashley

Postby Lostinnarnia » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:26 pm

ah yes im in a situation like that
sorta
lol
um im nondenominational
niether protestant or catholic
i believe we shouldent conform to them
we are all christian and thats is the only thing God cares about
lol
but my girlfriend is catholic(well she is by what she told me, i dont know her heart and wether she really is a christian>.<)
but i dont think it matters
as long as they are Christ followers=3
Every human’s heart is tainted with evil, mine is no different, I try to suppress it but many times it is overwhelming. My heart tears like paper. I am weak for I am human. I needed a reason to live. Suicide wavered on my mind but in the end as I gave my life to Christ my torn heart was sewn back together.
Lostinnarnia

Postby Lady Kenshin » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:09 pm

Stephen (post: 1256610) wrote:I think what really should be said, is the danger of dating a Texan.

*snicker*

LOL! Texans are scary... *this coming from one*

RAWR!

But seriously, it's fine.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's okay to be a fanfiction author... http://www.fanfiction.net/~loveslabourswon
Lady Kenshin

Previous

Return to General